Prepared jointly by the American Diabetes Association and The American Dietetic Association, "The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes" is the most authoritative and comprehensive cookbook available for people with diabetes and their families. With more than 375 recipes that taste as good as they are good for you, this book makes it easy to prepare satisfying and delicious meals that the whole family will enjoy.
If you are a person with diabetes, you know you have to be careful about what you eat. But healthful food doesn't have to be dull, and reducing fat and calories doesn't mean giving up flavor. Why feel deprived when you could start the day with Scrambled Eggs with Ham and a hot Buttermilk Biscuit? Company coming? Everyone will enjoy a savory Cheddar Cheese Dip served with crisp raw vegetables and apple slices. Grilled Orange-Mustard Chicken with Apple-Pecan Wild Rice and steamed broccoli make a perfect family dinner, or try Shrimp and Asparagus with Fettuccine in Mustard Cream Sauce for a weekend supper. Have a hankering for something sweet? Port-Poached Pears are an elegant fat-free dessert, or indulge in heavenly Angel Food Cake with Cocoa Whipped Cream.
The recipes in "The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes" are consistent with the latest diabetes recommendations and make the best use of the new lower-fat ingredients available today. Each recipe is accompanied by a nutritional analysis and the most current diabetes exchange information; recipes containing more than 400 milligrams of sodium per serving are flagged.
A winning combination of the most recent nutritional recommendations and contemporary culinary tastes, "The New Family Cookbook for Peoplewith Diabetes" is the one book all those with diabetes should have in their kitchen library.
According to top nutritionist Natalia Rose, the secret to a beautiful lean body, youthful radiant skin, abundant energy, and a state of natural bliss is Life Force Energy. If we can properly harness and increase our Life Force Energy through simple dietary and environmental principles, we can experience radically improved levels of health, beauty, and happiness.
With Raw Food Life Force Energy's more than seventy irresistibly fresh and energizing recipes, you'll see amazing results, including:
- Effortless, abundant weight loss
- Glowing, healthy skin
- Markedly increased energy
- Fewer colds and flus
- A more positive attitude and increased mental acuity
Natalia Rose offers a new vision of how to honor and revitalize our bodies and become powerfully attractive inside and out. Raw Food Life Force Energy shows us how to break out of our destructive, energy-draining patterns of poor eating, unsuccessful dieting, and stressful living to lift ourselves to a whole new stratosphere of well-being.
- The first cookbook devoted to the use of super-nutritious hemp seed.- Contains more than 50 low-fat, high-fiber, vegetarian recipes for both hempsters and mainstream cooks. - Nature's best source of protein and EFAs--better even than soy. Born from the flower of the cannabis plant is a seed bursting with vital energy that nourishes, heals, rebuilds, and refuels our bodies. Now this hallowed plant gets to shine in the world's first cookbook devoted exclusively to the delicious and nutritious dishes you can make using hemp seed. Packed with easily digestible proteins that contain the correct proportions of all eight essential amino acids necessary for good health, hemp seed surpasses even soy as the best vegetable protein available. High in dietary fiber but low in saturated fat, this miraculous and ancient food is also the planet's best source of essential fatty acids (EFAs), which a wealth of scientific research has shown help to prevent degenerative diseases, clean the arteries, improve brain function, and boost our immune systems. In The Hemp Cookbook, Todd Dalotto serves up a tantalizing smorgasbord of recipes that combine the unique nutritional advantages of hemp seed with other vitamin- and mineral-rich foods, creating one of the healthiest and most original cookbooks ever offered. From hearty breakfasts of Hemp Pancakes to gourmet dinners of Vegan Cannabis Stuffed Shells and holiday toasts with rich and creamy Hemp Nog, Dalotto has produced a book that will be welcomed by hempsters and mainstream cooks alike. With chapters providing complete nutritional information on hemp seed, a culinary history of cannabis around the world, a listing of sources for hemp foods, and instructions for creating your own hemp oils, flours, milks, and butters, The Hemp Cookbook is the first and last word on cannabis cuisine.
- Mint-Ginger Pineapple Smoothie Thai Green Papaya Salad
- Nori Protein Roll with Pumpkin Seed Butter and Sprouts
- Mock-Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Raw Vegetable "Lasagna"
- Banana Vanilla Ice Cream with Blueberry Sauce
Eating raw is not only delicious--it's also fun The recipes are easy to prepare and take less prep and cleanup time than cooked food. It's perfect for those looking to go completely raw or just incorporate some raw aspects into their diet. You will be absolutely amazed by how great you feel after whipping up these mouthwatering raw gourmet meals
With the help of two oncologists and a nutritionist, this cookbook tackles the challenge of eating while undergoing cancer treatment. Nutrition is a critical factor in weathering cancer treatment and patients are motivated to change their diet. This cookbook provides 130 recipes, that don't sacrifice taste, that provide the best in nutrition for those undergoing treatment. Recipes are flagged to show which ones help most with the common side effects of cancer treatments. There are quotes and anecdotes as well as practical tips from real-life cancer patients and survivors.
A five-part cookbook that features sections on seasonal cookery and holiday cuisine presents a classic collection of recipes for healthy, low-fat dishes that combine fresh ingredients with savory flavors
- Set up their wheat-free kitchen, including important prep techniques, shopping lists, and strategies to get the whole family on board
- Avoid regaining a wheat belly while eating out at restaurants and parties--plus exciting meal ideas guests will love
Wheat-free-cooking expert Carol Fenster reveals her time-saving tips and techniques to help cooks put homemade meals on the table in a flash.In Carol Fenster's gluten-free cooking classes, the most frequently asked question is "How can I get a meal on the table in the least amount of time?" So often, cooking gluten-free means spending hours in the kitchen-making everything from scratch. But now, Fenster reveals all her shortcuts, tips, and timesaving techniques from nearly twenty years as the gluten-free cooking authority. The Quick & Easy principles in this book will get cooks in and out of the kitchen with less fuss than ever before. In Gluten-Free Quick & Easy, a hot meal makes it to the table without a complicated ingredient list or a lengthy wait. Fenster emphasizes the necessity of "planned-overs"-not "left-overs"- that creatively use elements of one meal in the preparation of another, whether it becomes an ingredient the next day, the next week, or the next month. Recipes for make-ahead baking mixes and techniques to shorten baking times means cooks stay on track. And her comprehensive menu plans and ideas help pull together a week's worth of meals with ease. Fenster's simple but delicious recipes include favorites like hearty breads, pizzas, and pasta. In less time than ever before, gluten-free cooks can whip up homestyle entr es and side dishes, tasty breakfasts, and elegant desserts for every meal of the day, every day of the week.