- The first book to explain how feng shui developed from the Taoist systems of astrology, yin and yang, and the five elements.- Provides a background on Taoist philosophy to help readers better understand the principles of feng shui and how to use them properly. - Helps readers improve home, business, garden, property, neighborhoods, and much more. The Chinese art of feng shui has become extremely popular in the West, but too often advice on the subject consists of overly simplistic instructions for rearranging one's house without any explanation of the profound philosophical system behind these changes. The ancient Taoists developed feng shui from their understanding of the subtle interplay of energies that make up the universe, and no true mastery of feng shui is possible without a knowledge of Taoism. Taoist Feng Shui provides step-by-step guidelines for improving your home, business, garden, property, and neighborhood using this ancient system of knowledge. In Taoist Feng Shui, Susan Levitt traces the history of feng shui and shows how it is grounded in knowledge of yin and yang and the five Taoist elements of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood, as well as many other principles essential to Taoism. Once a background in Taoism is established, readers can better understand the philosophy behind concepts such as choosing the best colors for each room of the home, room-by-room furniture placement, yin and yang balance, correct lighting, outdoor landscaping, the function of hallways and entrances, and the proper use of mirrors, crystals, fountains, and other feng shui tools. With in-depth examples from the author's private feng shui practice, Taoist Feng Shui can help all readers transform their personal environments to create peace, harmony, health, wealth, and good fortune.
Have you ever taken a walk in the woods and felt like you were not alone? That's because you weren't Forests, lakes, mountains, caves--even your garden--are alive with the spirits of nature. Faeries are real, and you can learn to commune with a whole world of unseen beings, including elves, devas, and nature spirits. With an open mind and a little patience, you can begin to recognize their presence all around you. This book will help you deepen your connection to the natural world as you explore the magical, mystical world of the faerie folk.
- Discover hidden truths in faerie tales and use them as pathways into the faerie realm
- Learn the basic habitats, powers and behaviors of faeries, elves, and other nature spirits
- Read personal accounts of actual faerie encounters
- Invoke fire spirits for traditional psychic readings
- Share the magic and knowledge of twenty tree spirits
- Find the elementals--gnomes, undines, sylphs and salamanders--with which you resonate most
- Contact water sprites, mermaids and other water spirits
- Find wood nymphs and the"lady of the woods"
- raw dragons into your environment with the right fragrances
- Attract a faerie godmother into your life
Recapture the magic and wonder of a world where trees still speak and every flower tells a story. Explore the faerie realm--a place where faerie tales can and do come true.
The end of physical life does not have to mean the end of a day-to-day relationship with the people we love. Renowned medium Patrick Mathews reveals that we don't have to let go of family and friends on the other side--in fact, they benefit as much from ongoing communication as we do.
Along with a treasury of heartwarming, compelling, and sometimes humorous true stories from his work as medium, Mathews provides answers to the questions he is most often asked about life in Heaven. Never Say Goodbye will help you learn how to recognize spirit communication and establish an ongoing relationship with those in spirit through simple meditations and other practices.
In Lily Dale, New York, the dead don't die.
Instead, spirits flit among the elms and stroll along the streets, sometimes dressed in garb more common 120 years ago, when Lily Dale was founded and suffragette Susan B. Anthony was a frequent guest.
According to Spiritualists who have ruled this Victorian hamlet for five generations, the dead don't go away and they stay anything but quiet. Every summer twenty thousand guests come to consult the town's mediums, who can hang out a shingle only after passing a test that confirms their connection to the spirit world.
On the hot June day when reporter Christine Wicker comes to the world's oldest and largest Spiritualist community, she is determined to understand the secret forces -- human or otherwise -- that keep Lily Dale alive. She follows three visitors: a newly bereaved widow; a mother whose son killed himself; and a beautiful, happily married wife whose first visit to Lily Dale brings an ominous warning.
Are the mediums cold-hearted charlatans, as Sinclair Lewis wrote of them? Or are they conduits for a hidden world that longs to bring peace and healing to the living, as psychologist William James and muckraker Upton Sinclair once hoped to prove?
Investigating a movement that attracted millions of Americans in the 1800s and now barely survives, Wicker moves beyond the mediums' front parlors and into the lives that tourists never see. She follows the mediums to a place where what we know and how we know it is the greatest mystery of all.
An illustrated, step-by-step guide that makes it easy for anyone to awaken and develop one's own healing gift.
The moment we injure ourselves, we instinctively reach out to touch the area in pain. When someone's hurt is internal rather than external, we still use touch, caressing a brow or stroking a back to offer comfort. This form of hands-on healing has existed as long as mankind. In Hands-on Healing, Jack Angelo helps us to utilize this power of touch which we all possess. Hands-on Healing allows the reader to both understand the body's energies and to practice healing exercises. It explains the nature of disease and discusses the role of the mind and emotions in healing. Chapters focus on such topics as healing touch, chakras, the wisdom of the body, visualization, and meditation.
Michael Hathaway, a past life regression therapist, provides readers with professional advice on recognising their unique talent & finding a connection with the spiritual side.
A guide to shamanic practices for those seeking to develop psychic powers.- Contains 19 practical exercises based on shamanic practices from around the world. - Includes 47-minute CD of shamanic drumming to induce meditative states of deeper awareness. - Written by the author of Earth Medicine and The Medicine Way. Motivated by the spirit rather than the intellect, shamanism extends conscious awareness and awakens dormant potential for spiritual wisdom, healing, and personal growth. Shamanic Experience offers a unique opportunity for the Western reader to access the domain of the collective soul through an experiential learning program based on the distillation of shamanic wisdom from cultures and traditions around the world. Nineteen practical exercises allow readers to discover their aura, develop shamanic breath, energize power centers, develop relationships with power animals, and engage in a Vision Quest. The lessons of Shamanic Experience culminate with a trance-state journey induced by the rhythmic drumming sessions recorded on the accompanying CD.
From author and psychotherapist Dr. Brian Weiss comes the classic bestseller on the true case of the past-life therapy that changed the lives of both the prominent psychiatrist and young patient involved--now featuring a new afterword by the author.As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from the "space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss' family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career. With more than one million copies in print, Many Lives, Many Masters is one of the breakthrough texts in alternative psychotherapy and remains as provocative and timeless as it was when first published.