Anne Wilson Schaef's bestselling Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much invited women to do less and live more. In this wise and graceful sequel to that beloved book, which is also a collection of daily meditations, Schaef encourages us to give up the worries that trouble so many of our lives.
Schaef helps us to smile at our worries and encourages us to re-examine our discontent and our desperate need to control our lives. She ponders with us the true nature of love, solitude, creativity, friendship, sorrow, intimacy, and all the experiences that go into making a life. Best of all, she inspires us to respect our own particular inner rhythm and intuitive wisdom, to live this moment, now, with trust and joy.
- The first translation of this great but little-known path of spiritual devotion written for the modern Western audience.- An insightful commentary aimed at making the path of love immediately accessible to Westerners. - A life-affirming and relationship-positive path of yoga. - Written in the spirit of the kirtans (ecstatic songs and dances) of Narada, sensitively translated by Prem Prakash. Bhakti Yoga, the path of devotion, is considered one of the primary paths for spiritual realization in yogic tradition. Its representative, Narada, is the embodiment of the enlightened sage who travels the universe spreading his sacred teachings. Unlike Jnana Yoga, the Yoga of Wisdom, the bhakti acolyte does not discriminate against material phenomena--for him, all phenomena are aspects of God. Within the context of Ananda, blissful love, the temporal is realized as the reflection of the eternal, and the soul is realized as the expression of God.
Goddess wisdom for every day of the year
Bring life-affirming magic and empowerment into every day of your life with this unique and useful guide to the goddess. Through the ages, people have celebrated the role of goddesses in maintaining the fl
A master illuminates the spiritual foundations of martial artspractice in this fully illustrated guide.- Presents an overview of the spiritual foundations of the martial arts. - Takes the reader through a well-illustrated series of self-defense techniques that utilize Ki energy. - An essential guide for anyone interested in a spiritually-centered martial arts practice. The Warrior Is Silent presents an overview of the spiritual foundations of martial arts practice in the East and its intimate connection with the perfection of the art itself. In addition, the author, an accomplished martial artist, takes the reader through a well-illustrated series of self-defense techniques that utilize Ki energy. Establishing a balance between the spiritual and physical aspects of the martial arts, The Warrior Is Silent is an essential guide for anyone interested in a spiritually-centered martial arts practice.
Witches' hats and harvest moon
Ghosts that dance to haunted tune
Apples, goodies, food galore
Halloween has this and more
Just where did the autumn gaiety begin? Let Silver RavenWolf guide you through the cobwebby corners of time to uncover the history behind Halloween. Honor the spirit of this hallowed harvest holiday with:
- Halloween magick: Prosperity Pumpkin Spell, Corn Husk Dolly, Solitary Harvest Moon Ritual
- Magickal goodies: Candied Love Apples, Witches' Brew, Sugar Snakes in Graveyard Dust
- Halloween myths and superstitions: Black cats, scarecrows, pitchforks, witches, ghosts, and haints
- Divination: Circle of Ashes and Stones, Magick Mirrors, Apple, Pumpkin Seed, and Water Divination
- Rituals to Honor the Dead: The Dumb Supper, Samhain Fire, Soul Lights, Spirit Rattles and Spirit Bowls
- A fascinating, illustrated exploration of the integral roles cats have played in our myths, legends, and history.- By the highly acclaimed author of over 30 books on magic and folklore, including the bestselling Goddess in My Pocket. - Examines the mythological significance of cats in our legends and folklore, and provides an overview of cats and feline imagery in spiritual traditions around the world. - Presents the feline connection to magic, including amulets, charms, spells, and rituals. In German they are called ket, in French, chat, in Arabic, quttah--but with little concern for what name we've assigned them, cats have sauntered into almost every corner of human society and history. In ancient Egypt a cat-faced goddess was worshiped and immortalized in the art of Egyptian tombs. In Scandinavian lore, Freyja, a goddess of the night, rode in a cart drawn by cats. Cats appear in our folktales and in our literature, even in our everyday speech. In Cat Magic, Patricia Telesco takes us on a fascinating tour of the different roles cats have played in human experience, with over 150 illustrations documenting the appearance and importance of cats in our mythology, in the spiritual teachings and religious practices of our ancestors, and in totems, spells, and other rituals of magic. Cat Magic tells of cat ginii and of charms of protection. It explains astrology for determining your cat's personality, creating magical blessings, and using crystal and color therapy for the feline in the house. Mysterious and independent, cunning and fierce, gentle and affectionate, cats continue to win our hearts and imaginations, providing a link to our past and present, and to ourselves.
Receive direction, inspiration, and healing when you take the collar off a favorite animal's natural powers Animal Magick is the first book to present familiars from a European Pagan viewpoint. It shows you how to access the unique power of familiars--real or imagined animals--for magickal assistance, enhanced health, and spiritual growth. You don't need a pet or companion animal to have a familiar. Whether you collect glass animals, dream about snakes, or talk with an animal already, you can further develop this connection for extraordinary magickal results.
Animal Magick presents practical meditations, rituals, and power chants for enticing, befriending, understanding, and collaborating with familiars. Learn ways to attract a familiar, explore various types of familiars and discover which one works best for you, and learn how to recognize messages and guidance from your magickal companion.
Most people think that Tarot cards are only for doing readings. Some know they can also be used as focal points in meditation. But those in the know have the secret--some incredibly powerful magic can be performed easily with the help of the Tarot. Now you can discover those secrets and use them to improve your life with Tarot Spells by Janina Renee
Techniques of using the Tarot cards for magic are fully explained in this book. Also covered are preparations and additions, such as how to add candles, gemstones, colors and crystals to enhance your spell.
But mostly this book is about using the cards of the Tarot to cast spells that will change your life. You'll be able to cast spells to ease stress and increase psychic ability. You'll get a spell to encourage your debtors to finally pay you, and a spell to tap your unconscious mind for knowledge.
There are spells for healing and job hunting, for finding a home and to get more friends. There are spells to bring peace between you and other family members. You'll find spells for business, for success in competition and for courage. The list of spells just goes on and on
If you have been using the Tarot, here is a chance to increase your knowledge of the power of the cards. The book is illustrated with beautiful designs from the Robin Wood Tarot, but you can use the spells with any Tarot deck. If you want to make changes in your life, here is a way to work magic with no tools other than your Tarot deck. For ease and power, you will want to work with the secrets revealed in this book.
This handy reference guide for coping with modern life contains fifty spells touching on every imaginable annoyance women experience. Many of the hexes have roots in real spells and folklore. This "self-help" book teaches women to create their own protective aura with humor, something psychologists generally see as a healthy release of anger. Each spell conjures up the offending evil and relegates it to a place where it can never offend again -- oblivion.
The curses are in recipe format, listing the items needed to perform the ritual along with directions and a chant. The spells are a fun and harmless way for women to take control over otherwise unbearable situations.
Books 2 and 3, both New York Times bestsellers, continue the dialogue begun in Conversations with God, addressing issues of a global and universal nature, respectively: from politics, population, and human sexuality to life, the universe, the mysteries of the soul, and our planet's future.