There's a reason caviar has a reputation as a love food, but a little vanilla or peppermint can work wonders too You'll savor mushrooms like never before after experiencing their intuitive-raising effects, and a munch of celery will resonate with new meaning as it boosts your sexual desire and psychic awareness.
Virtually any item in your pantry can be used for personal transformation. From artichokes to kidney beans to grape jelly, food contains specific magical energies you can harness for positive results. This encyclopedia of food magic offers twenty-seven of Scott Cunningham's favorite recipes. Magical menus for more than ten desired goals including love, protection, health, money, and psychic awareness are provided as well.
This commemorative edition also presents special features and articles celebrating Scott Cunningham's remarkable life.
Discover the ancient lore, household techniques, and spiritual wisdom that will help turn every day into a time of magic, respect for all, and love of the Goddess, when you get Wheel of the Year by Pauline Campanelli.
Wheel of the Year takes you on a month-by-month journey of discovery through seasonal aspects of Paganism practiced both in recent and ancient times. Just look at a few of the things shared in this gentle, loving book:
- For December: The Magic of Mistletoe; The Ritual Burning of the Yule Log; Magical Uses of Ashes from the Yule Fire; A Ritual for Cutting Sacred Fir; The Pagan Symbolism of Santa Claus.
- For March: Nine Magical Woods for the Beltane Fire; Psychic Skills for Working Magic; Making and Using the Magic (Black) Mirror; Telepathy; The Ouija Board; A Ritual for Opening the Heart Chakra.
- For May: Seeing Faeries; A May Wine Ritual; Symbolism of the Maypole; Sacred Marriages; Hawthorn Protection Amulet.
- For August: Celebration of the Grain Harvest; Ritual for Baking Sacred Bread; Making an Onion Charm; Magical Symbolism of Garlic; Natural Dyes and Inks.
- For October: Apple Traditions; A Hazelnut Charm; The Man in Black; Ritual Costuming and Mask Making; Divination for Samhain.
This is only a small amount of the lore and a few of the many activities you will learn for each of these five months, in Wheel of the Year. The other seven months of the year are covered in depth, too, and each chapter has beautiful illustrations by Dan Campanelli.
Whether you live in a city, suburb, or farm and whether you live by yourself, with a partner, or with a family, Wheel of the Year will reintroduce you to the magic that is all around you.
Journey down a shamanic path that embraces the ecstatic, the wild, the gnostic, the transformative, and the visionary. Expanding on principles touched on in his book By Land, Sky & Sea: Three Realms of Shamanic Witchcraft, Gede Parma walks you through an apprenticeship designed to ground and orient you on the path of the Shamanic Craft.
Discover the meaning of ecstasy. Encounter the three realms. Learn shamanic techniques and rituals that will give you a more primal, authentic experience of Witchcraft, including:
- Drawing Down the Gods
- Working with Spirit Allies Trance and Moving Between the Worlds
- Ecstatic Spellcraft Healing and Soul Retrieval
- Seership and Divination
"Smart, thought-provoking and useful...A worthy contribution to the continuing growth and evolution of shamanic Wicca by a passionate and poetic member of the next generation."--Phyllis W. Curott, author of Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
You've heard that dreamlike voice calling to you: a yearning to work with the earth's life energies...a heartfelt desire to become a student of the Craft. Now is the time to call forth your passion and strength of will, and commit yourself fully to the Path of the Wise. Dedicant: A Witch's Circle of Fire invites you to set forth on the sacred journey to becoming a Witch.
Designed to harmonize with the Wheel of the Year, the monthly lessons feature seasonally themed stories, meditations, Witchcraft lore, ethics questions, spells, and pathworking rituals. The course on Wicca culminates in a powerful self-initiation rite that brings you to the level of Initiate.
Blending purposeful study with reflection and awareness, the Circles system of Wicca study is ideal for the solitary student or as part of a coven curriculum. Dedicant helps you ignite your inner light and keep it burning by teaching you the core essentials of Wiccan wisdom:
- Creating a spiritual grimoire
- Writing and performing daily devotionals
- Calling the Gods and Goddesses
- Conducting Sabbat and Esbat rituals
- Performing herb and energy work
- Making and using magical tools
- Selecting ritual garb
- Casting a power circle
"Calafia does a great job of laying out the groundwork, and she presents it in a unique, workable structure that's easy to follow and offers a solid scaffolding for self-development."--Witches and Pagans
Looking for simple solutions for today's problems: computer viruses, traffic that drives you crazy, and an overextended schedule?
There's an easy way to incorporate magic into your life without adding more stress to it. Everyday Magic updates the ancient arts to fit your busy lifestyle. It promotes the use of modern convenience items as viable magical tools, and it incorporates the use of easy-to-find spell ingredients--most of which are already in your kitchen cabinet. It discusses the items and forces that boost magical work, as well as offering a multitude of time-saving tips and a large assortment of recipes for creating your own incenses, potions, and powders. More than 300 spells and rituals cover the everyday concerns of the modern practitioner.
- Set your spell into motion and speed up the results with "magical boosters"
- Magnify your focused intent and energy flow with herbs, flowers, trees, and stones
- Learn how to perform ancient arts with modern tools: your coffee maker, blender and crock pot
- Make your own magical powders, sachets, bath salts, potpourris, incenses and oils
- Discover the secret to success in magical workings
- Practical spells for more than 300 purposes
1999 COVR Award Winner
Learn how to do powerful, practical magic when you use candles and call on the saints in Reverend Ray T. Malbrough's The Magical Power of the Saints.
This book can be your personal guide to help you call on the saints as your spiritual allies. You will learn how to work with seventy-four different saints through the use of "seven-day vigil candles" (saint candles), prayers, psalms, herbal baths, and more. For example, you would call on Saint Benedict (whose candle color is white and day of the week is Saturday) to help end fevers, heal sick animals and more. You might call on Our Lady of Charity (whose candle color is yellow and day of the week is also Saturday) for protection of the home and family, to bring a new lover, or to obtain better finances. But, The Magical Power of the Saints includes much more:
- Find out which saint can best help you for any situation, along with that saint's specific day of the week and color of candle
- Learn rituals for fifty-seven different situations--such as attracting good fortune, strengthening your marriage, and improving your business
- Use divination to discover which ingredients will summon the proper powers to help you in any specific situation
- Locate passages in the Bible that support the practice of divination
- Learn how to use prayer to honor your departed ancestors and communicate with them
- Discover the best way to prepare and use the saint candles
- Recite the correct Biblical psalm for your specific need
- Read messages in a candle flame to see if your prayers will be answered
The Magical Power of the Saints includes over forty-five illustrations of saints to help you in your work.
This charming little magic book holds the carefully guarded secrets that a wise woman of bygone days could have penned in her grimoire by candlelight. Herbal elixirs, powerful charms, amulets, balms for all folk who come to her seeking their heart's desire: enhanced health and healing, protection, love, marriage, fertility, wealth, youthfulness, beauty.
Quaint and mystic, this treasury of lore also describes twelve rituals to guide you through the mysteries of a full year of seasons. Begin with an ice-sparkling ceremony for the first day of the year and celebrate the winter solstice in a glorious burst of red and gold fire. Each ceremony grows out of the unchanging truths of the cycle of seasons and of the universe itself.
Recognize and celebrate the magic of life with timeless rites and spells. Create a magical household--a haven of harmony, safety, spirituality, security, and romance. The benefits include a happier existence, protection against thieves, improved health, restful sleep, satisfying spiritual experiences, and a perfect environment for positive magic. This warm and wise guide by much loved author Scott Cunningham has been helping people create sacred space in their homes and gardens for nearly twenty years.
Wicca is essentially a religion, as sacred and vital as other religions. Its central foundation is nature and all of its laws. Witches maintain a constant identification with the flora, fauna, the waters, the winds, and all other natural phenomena.
Yet Wiccan beliefs and practices are often unknown or misunderstood by non-Pagans and the uninitiated. Approaching the Craft from the Gardnerian perspective, Migene Gonz lez-Wippler offers a friendly, straightforward introduction to the Old Religion and sheds light on what it truly means to be a Witch.
What goes on at coven meetings? How do Witches perform magic? Why does magic work? From initiation rites to invoking elementals, Gonz lez-Wippler explains both practical and spiritual aspects of Wiccan traditions. Book of Shadows also teaches the significance of Moon phases, herbs, colors, crystals, common magical tools, and other implements when performing sacred ceremonies and rituals.
"Those looking for a 'how-to' guide for becoming a witch will find this a useful, well-written resource."--Publishers Weekly
"This tome compiles the necessary rudiments and formalized practices of a given tradition/coven--previously kept closely guarded within the confines of membership--into a single volume for reference."--Library Journal
"A treasure trove of practical magic for both novices and more experienced practitioners...beautifully crafted spells that invoke the alchemy of possibility."--PanGaia
A leaf from an oak tree...a wildflower...water from a sparkling stream...dirt from a cool dark cave--these are the age-old tools of natural magic. Born of the earth, possessing inherent power, they await only our touch and intention to bring their magical qualities to life.
The four elements are powerful magical tools. Using their energies, we can transform ourselves, our lives, and our world. This much-loved, classic guide offers more than seventy-five spells, rites, and simple rituals you can perform using the marvelous powers of the natural world.
Scott Cunningham was a greatly respected teacher and one of the most influential members of the modern Craft movement. A practitioner of elemental magic for twenty years, he wrote more than fifty books, including the seminal Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner.