Titles in the Artist's Handbook series are written for dedicated amateurs and can also be used and valued by professional artists. Each Artist's Handbook has a sturdy hardcover binding so that it can be taken out to the field for guidance or used in the studio. Hidden spiral bindings keep pages lying flat so that artists can refer to them while working with their materials. Each title supplements textual instruction with 400-to-600 color illustrations showing artwork in various stages of completion. Readers will also find information on artists' tools, techniques, color-mixing, creating special effects, and trouble-shooting to correct errors. This book demonstrates the techniques that must be mastered by students of the exquisite art of Chinese brush painting. All aspects of the art are covered, with emphasis on special materials, and discussion of Chinese graphic style and color composition. Students are also introduced to the special types of paper, brushes, and ink sticks required for Chinese painting. Particular attention is given to depictions of flowers, branches, bamboo, fruits, fish and animals in natural settings, trees, landscapes, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, and other subjects typical of Chinese paintings.
Tricia Guild is the queen of color. Her new palette of calmer, cooler colors is in perfect harmony with a contemporary lifestyle. Divided into chapters based on color groups, White Hot demonstrates the application of this new range of subtle hues in a selection of homes in urban and rural settings, deconstructing each room to explain the choices made. White Hot aims to show how to develop a personalised color palette to use at home, to bring more passion, beauty and individuality into your life.
With alcohol inks, you can add a dazzling design to just about anything. Packed with step-by-step photos, Crafting with Alcohol Inks shows how to add your personal decorative touch to everything from home decor to heart-felt gifts, including:
- Etched-Top Wooden Jewelry Box - Monogram Pallet Art - Paper-Textured Table Drawers - Independence Day Suncatchers - Embossed Metal - Christmas Ornaments - Tile Coaster Set - Galaxy Ombre Sneakers - And many more
Whether you consider yourself a crafter or an artist, a beginner or a seasoned pro, you can use these techniques to create beautiful, sophisticated art without the expensive supplies-and there's practically no need for a paintbrush Learn each innovative technique with eight step-by-step projects, including a vest, journal, wall hanging, wood frame, and metal basket. Find easy-to-follow lessons on painting, sponging, and rubber stamping; using crayons, brayers, and resists. Discover how to use these simple methods on fabric, paper, wood, glass, ceramic, or metal.
Paint Imaginative Murals Especially for Kids
Transform an ordinary room into a playground of imagination. Creative Kids' Murals You Can Paint blends inspiration with instruction so you can create the perfect mural for every special child you know.
More than 50 whimsical wall paintings by author and children's muralist, Suzanne Whitaker, offer you a range of unique ideas, themes and color combinations, complete with 32 step-by-step demonstrations that make these murals easy and fun to recreate on your own walls. All the guidance you need is in this book, including:
- Start-to-finish steps for painting kids' favorites like a castle, Mother Goose characters, sports paraphernalia, bunnies, dog and cat, letters, numbers and much more
- Clear instruction for choosing materials, performing basic techniques, preparing surfaces, selecting colors and creating customized compositions
- Several theme-based galleries of additional designs for extra inspiration
You can paint murals exactly as they're shown or use them as a jumping off point to design your own. These step-by-step demos allow you to mix and match mural components to suit you and your child's preferences.
Wow your family and friends With this guide, you really can paint creative kids' murals.
Drawing and Painting Beautiful Faces is an inspiring, mixed media workbook on how to draw and paint beautiful, fashion illustration-style faces. Author Jane Davenport is a beloved artist, and popular international workshop instructor known by her thousands of students and fans for her over-the-top, enthusiastic, happy and encouraging style. In this book, she guides you step-by-step through the foundations of drawing a face, developing successful features, creating skintones, playing with bright colors, shading, highlighting and much more as you learn to create amazing mixed media portraits. Master a variety of techniques that employ pencil, marker, pen, watercolor, acrylic paint, ink, pastel, and ephemera as you happily dance your way through the exercises in this brilliant guide.
With Drink Laugh Paint, you and your friends can express your inner artists while also enjoying each other's company and some wine at the time
Pour some wine, break out the paint, and let The Paint Bar founders Jill Kerner Schon and Jackie Schon guide you through eight beautiful paintings with informative, step-by-step instructions that even non-artists will enjoy.
Included in this kit are a list of necessary materials, drink and party theme suggestions, and even postcard invitations so you can spread the word of your off-the-hook paint party. Whether you're serious about your art or just want to enjoy yourself, the Drink Laugh Paint kit is a wonderful mix of creativity and fun.
This kit includes:
- 164-page manual on an easel, with step-by-step instructions and full-color photos for 8 wonderful paintings
- 32-page booklet containing art-supply suggestions, party and drink ideas, and more
- 16 postcards to invite your friends to your party
Learn encaustic techniques from the best--the masters of EncaustiCamp
Get a sneak peek into the EncaustiCamp experience with Encaustic Revelation The creation of artist and author Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch, EncaustiCamp bring students of all skill levels and from around the world together for a week of intensive education, art making and camaraderie. Encaustic Revelation is the first book to bring the experience, insights and cutting-edge techniques of EncaustiCamp directly to YOU
- Step-by-step demonstrations from 9 popular artists, including Patricia Baldwin Seggeruch, Bridgette Guerzon Mills, Michelle Belto, Crystal Neubauer and Judy Wise
- Dozens of innovative techniques for encaustic printmaking, working with hand-dyed and textile surfaces, sculpting with wax and foam and more, plus unique project ideas including soldered jewelry with encaustics, wax and plaster books and 3D encaustic collage
- 30 student projects and 56 finished pieces of art from the instructors--eye candy for you, yes, but these varied and exemplary pieces demonstrate the possibilities and individuality that come from the rich, immersive and supportive environment of EncaustiCamp.
Sensational sewing projects demand fabulous fabrics Fiber artist Cheryl Rezendes shows you how to create an astonishing array of surface designs, simply and safely, using textile paints and printing ink. She covers a wide variety of techniques: stamping, ancient Japanese Shibori, silkscreen, soy wax and flour resist, image transfer, marbling, nature printing, foils and metal leaf, and more. Step-by-step photographs illustrate every technique, and Rezendes includes innovative suggestions on how to combine and layer techniques for stunningly original results.