Now in its 12th year of publication, this officially endorsed book provides comprehensive coverage of MotoGP World Championship motorcycle racing in 2015, complete with race reports, comment, analysis and statistics, edited by TV commentator Julian Ryder. Supporting Ryder as lead author, Neil Spalding provides detailed technical analysis and Mat Oxley summarizes the season with his usual thought-provoking insights, while the book's superb photography is by Andrew Northcott. The supporting categories - Moto2, Moto3 and Red Bull Rookies - are covered in full, along with the activities of Riders for Health, the official charity of MotoGP.
- Eight-page reports of each MotoGP race, complete with full statistics and lap-chart graphics.
- In-depth technical analysis of the year's talking points from leading MotoGP technical expert Neil Spalding.
- The unique 'Rider's Rider of the Year' poll ranks the year's contenders according to votes by the riders themselves.
- Superb photography by Andrew Northcott captures all the excitement, action and atmosphere of motorcycle racing at its best.
- Supporting Moto2 and Moto3 categories covered in full, as well as the Red Bull Rookies races.
- Riders for Health, the official MotoGP charity, reports on its achievements in 2015.
- Officially endorsed by DORNA, organisers of MotoGP.
Mice are easy to keep as caged pets, but they are delicate and must be handled carefully by children. This title, along with all books in the comprehensive and popular B.E.S. Complete Pet Owner's Manuals series, provides advice on feeding, health care, housing, and all other important aspects of responsible pet ownership. Each title in the series is individually written from first page to last by a pet trainer, veterinarian, or other pet-care specialist. All Complete Pet Owner's Manuals are filled with high-quality photos and instructive line art.
2016 ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB MOTORING BOOK OF THE YEARBrian Redman is one of very few notable British racing drivers whose racing life has yet to be put on record in book form. Now that is about to be rectified. Packed with photographs, Redman's memoir is a vivid account of his varied racing exploits, with special focus on the period when he won major sports car races in Ford GT40s, Porsche 908s and 917s, and Ferrari 312PBs, and also became North American Formula 5000 champion three years running. Highly readable, and at times both humorous and poignant, this is a very personal book that will be welcomed by this popular and highly respected driver's legions of fans.
- Five themed chapters about Redman's experiences at the greatest circuits and races of his era: Spa-Francorchamps, the Nurburgring, the Targa Florio, Le Mans and Daytona.
- Diving deep into Redman's fears, friendships and mindset during his time at the top.
- Spa-Francorchamps: Redman won at this daunting track in four consecutive appearances in 1,000Kms races for sports cars, but was also injured in the first of his three big crashes, in the 1968 Belgian Grand Prix.
- The Nurburgring: two big sports car wins with his greatest driving partners, Jo Siffert and Jacky Ickx.
- The Targa Florio: in 1970 Redman won this heroic race over the uniquely punishing 45-mile circuit in Sicily - and suffered severe burns in another big crash the following year.
- Le Mans: he led France's 24-hour classic five times but never won it.
- Daytona: the world's other great 24-hour race, in Florida, brought three wins - in 1970, 1976 and 1981.
- Stories about driving for Porsche, Ferrari and colourful privateers, plus anecdotes about the era's most famous drivers, managers, heroes and rascals.
- Successes in Formula 5000 (three-times champion in the USA) and 2-litre sports cars (South African champion) complete Redman's credentials as one of the finest all-rounders in motor racing.
- Mario Andretti provides an insightful foreword: Redman and he were team-mates in Ferrari's sports car team (1972-73) and the top drivers in North American Formula 5000 (1974-75).
Here is a handsomely illustrated descriptive directory of virtually all major cat breeds available to prospective owners in America--a "must-read" reference source for cat lovers and breeders everywhere. Opening chapters include a survey of feline history and evolution, a detailed description of the qualities that make a purebred, a summary of feline genetics, and a discussion of conformation, color, and coat. Following are alphabetically arranged profiles of 40 different breeds, from Abyssinian through Burmese, Manx, and Scottish Fold, to Turkish Van. Remaining chapters provide detailed discussions of the American domestic cat, experimental breeds, choosing the right breed for the right household, pricing and judging quality when buying a purebred, descriptions of cat associations and shows, and advice on showing purebreds. Supplementary information includes a glossary of terms and a list of helpful books and periodicals.
From Oprah's dog trainer and the New York Times bestselling author of The Loved Dog--a groundbreaking thirty-day plan for coaching dogs of all ages to become housebroken, happy, and well behaved within one month.Long known as a dog coach to the stars--her clients include Oprah Winfrey, Ben Affleck, Courteney Cox-Arquette, Owen Wilson, Natalie Portman, and Larry King--Tamar Geller changed the way Americans relate to their dogs with her bestselling book The Loved Dog. Her approach is simple and down-to-earth. Instead of utilizing the negative and often painful feedback of physical dominance, choke chains, and prong collars, Tamar recommends love, play, and mutual respect as the keys to a happy home for dog and human alike. Now, Tamar makes her Loved Dog(TM) Method accessible for everyone with this day-by-day guide that will lead you through the first thirty days with your new dog--or help you make a fresh start with your current dog. Drawing on her studies of wolves in the wild and basing her method on the principles of child development, Tamar uses an instincts versus choice approach that satisfies a dog's Seven Basic Needs and will result in a pet with good manners. 30 Days to a Well-Mannered Dog covers every question commonly asked by people embarking on the momentous journey of dog ownership: why it's important to choose the appropriate dog for you and your lifestyle, what you can expect from a puppy versus an adult dog, how to introduce your new dog to your home, and how to respond when things don't go according to plan. Tamar guides you every step of the way, from addressing undesired behaviors in your dog to crate and paper training him to introducing him to other dogs and helping him become relaxed with strangers. Included are important but often overlooked tips about the use of words and body language to communicate, the power of play, and the amazing value of teaching your dog some lighthearted pet tricks. Along the way, Tamar debunks myths in need of debunking: that dogs are frequently alpha by nature and need to be dominated; that discipline is the key to dog training, and that success only means getting your dog to do what you want. Instead, she shows how to align your dog's wishes with your own to create a rich and enduring relationship that works wonderfully for you both. Gentle, firm, and effective, 30 Days to a Well-Mannered Dog will build your relationship with your dog to make every new day together a day of love, joy, and discovery.
"I have to hand it to Bradshaw and Ellis: Once you suss out their basic cat-training philosophy, their methods totally work." -- SlateWe often assume that cats can't be trained, and don't need to be. But in The Trainable Cat, bestselling anthrozoologist John Bradshaw and cat expert Sarah Ellis show that cats absolutely must be trained in order to enrich the bond between pet and owner. Full of training tips and exercises -- from introducing your cat to a new baby to helping them deal with visits to the vet -- The Trainable Cat is the essential cat bible for cat owners and lovers. "I doubt you'll find a more well-informed or scientific book on cats that better shows you how feline thinking works." -- Times (UK)
Examines the environmental, dietary, and lifestyle-related causes of cancer in pets and how to safeguard their well-being- Cancer is the number one killer of most domestic animals - Includes health care information on dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, and guinea pigs - The first consumer-oriented book to assess conventional and alternative treatment options Keeping their pets healthy and happy is the number one priority of pet owners. Having lost four animal companions to cancer, author Deborah Straw became frustrated by the lack of information about what was causing the disease and wanted to know what she could do to treat and prevent it. This thorough and comprehensive guide is the result of her search for answers. It provides readers with the knowledge of how to ward off the unforeseen causes of cancer and protect the safety and health of their pets. Cancer is the number one killer of most domestic animals. This revised and expanded edition of Why Is Cancer Killing Our Pets? includes the most up-to-date information on the environmental, dietary, and vaccine-related culprits that may cause cancer in pets and the preventive measures that can be taken against this disease. Readers whose pets have been diagnosed with cancer will benefit from the full spectrum of both conventional and alternative treatments presented in this book--from chemotherapy and laser surgery to herbal therapy, acupuncture, and touch therapy. In addition, readers will find guidance about caring for a sick pet and grieving his or her loss should the pet die. Full of information, options, and support, this is an essential resource for protecting pets.
- 24-hour races are the supreme discipline in motorsports. Every year, more than 200,000 fans meet in Le Mans for the race over the weekend. This book goes behind the scenes to document every detail and emotion - The photographer and author spent three years following the Porsche team - Special edition, limited to 99 copies, signed and numbered Endurance races are the supreme discipline in motorsports. Several times per year, the best race drivers worldwide are on the tracks for 24 hours. The 24-hour races at the N rburgring and in Daytona are the toughest tests for man and material. Le Mans as the third run is the icon among the legendary races. In recent years, Porsche set standards in the endurance race world championship - with perfection and passion. Star photographer Frank Kayser and his team observed the delicate and deeply exhausting work of the Porsche team for three years. The world-famous photographer was allowed where other press photographers were not: in the pit, in the pit lane during the change of tires and drivers, in the closed off areas of the racers' quarters. His photos show the stress, the top performance, the eternal night, and the success of perfection. With photography by Keyser, detailing a world previously unseen by outsiders, and a passionate text by journalist Heike Hientzsch sketching the participants' emotions, this book illustrates the true nature of endurance races - the tension, exhaustion, and the dedication. Also available: Standard edition, ISBN 9783667111036.
Slipcase is damaged, but book is in Like New condition.
Mark Webber was at the center of one of the most captivating chapters in the history of Formula One. In 2010, while racing for Red Bull, he and teammate Sebastian Vettel went head to head for the World Championship. There could only be one winner. Since retiring from Formula One Mark has concentrated on endurance racing, including the legendary Le Mans 24 Hour race. He hit the front pages of newspapers around the world in December 2014 when he slammed into the barricades in the final round of the FIA World Endurance Championship in South America, and was lucky to escape with his life. But the controversy of his relationship on and off the track with Vettel, who went on to win multiple world titles, has never been far beneath the surface. Here, for the first time, Webber tells the inside story of one of Formula One's most intriguing battles it is a story that goes to the heart of why the sport is loved by millions of fans around the world. In his trademark straight-talking, no-nonsense style Mark reveals his amazing life on and off the race track."