'Moto GP is about the individual's story, the battles between the individuals, the different personalities, the different men that are striving for one goal, to win the world championship'. Freddie Spencer, three-time world championSince its earliest beginnings on public road courses to today's purpose-built championship courses, Moto GP has always been about one thing: pushing man and machine to new heights of performance.
Telling the story of how leading manufacturers such as Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki, have strived to build the perfect machine, and detailing the incredible rivalries of such sporting legends as Kenny Roberts and Barry Sheene, Freddie Spencer and Eddie Lawson, Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo - to name just a few - Phil Wain uncovers the stories behind historic races, the innovations that made the best bikes on the grid and describes the infamous moments in which riders were made champions.
Moto GP is a photographic celebration of the heroes, bikes and circuits that have defined the adrenaline-soaked world of motorbike racing.
Now in its 12th year of publication, this officially endorsed book provides comprehensive coverage of MotoGP World Championship motorcycle racing in 2015, complete with race reports, comment, analysis and statistics, edited by TV commentator Julian Ryder. Supporting Ryder as lead author, Neil Spalding provides detailed technical analysis and Mat Oxley summarizes the season with his usual thought-provoking insights, while the book's superb photography is by Andrew Northcott. The supporting categories - Moto2, Moto3 and Red Bull Rookies - are covered in full, along with the activities of Riders for Health, the official charity of MotoGP.
- Eight-page reports of each MotoGP race, complete with full statistics and lap-chart graphics.
- In-depth technical analysis of the year's talking points from leading MotoGP technical expert Neil Spalding.
- The unique 'Rider's Rider of the Year' poll ranks the year's contenders according to votes by the riders themselves.
- Superb photography by Andrew Northcott captures all the excitement, action and atmosphere of motorcycle racing at its best.
- Supporting Moto2 and Moto3 categories covered in full, as well as the Red Bull Rookies races.
- Riders for Health, the official MotoGP charity, reports on its achievements in 2015.
- Officially endorsed by DORNA, organisers of MotoGP.
2016 ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB MOTORING BOOK OF THE YEAR
Brian Redman is one of very few notable British racing drivers whose racing life has yet to be put on record in book form. Now that is about to be rectified. Packed with photographs, Redman's memoir is a vivid account of his varied racing exploits, with special focus on the period when he won major sports car races in Ford GT40s, Porsche 908s and 917s, and Ferrari 312PBs, and also became North American Formula 5000 champion three years running. Highly readable, and at times both humorous and poignant, this is a very personal book that will be welcomed by this popular and highly respected driver's legions of fans.
- Five themed chapters about Redman's experiences at the greatest circuits and races of his era: Spa-Francorchamps, the Nurburgring, the Targa Florio, Le Mans and Daytona.
- Diving deep into Redman's fears, friendships and mindset during his time at the top.
- Spa-Francorchamps: Redman won at this daunting track in four consecutive appearances in 1,000Kms races for sports cars, but was also injured in the first of his three big crashes, in the 1968 Belgian Grand Prix.
- The Nurburgring: two big sports car wins with his greatest driving partners, Jo Siffert and Jacky Ickx.
- The Targa Florio: in 1970 Redman won this heroic race over the uniquely punishing 45-mile circuit in Sicily - and suffered severe burns in another big crash the following year.
- Le Mans: he led France's 24-hour classic five times but never won it.
- Daytona: the world's other great 24-hour race, in Florida, brought three wins - in 1970, 1976 and 1981.
- Stories about driving for Porsche, Ferrari and colourful privateers, plus anecdotes about the era's most famous drivers, managers, heroes and rascals.
- Successes in Formula 5000 (three-times champion in the USA) and 2-litre sports cars (South African champion) complete Redman's credentials as one of the finest all-rounders in motor racing.
- Mario Andretti provides an insightful foreword: Redman and he were team-mates in Ferrari's sports car team (1972-73) and the top drivers in North American Formula 5000 (1974-75).
Formula 1: Car by Car 1960-69 is the first in a multi-volume, decade-by-decade series covering the entire history of Formula 1 through its teams and cars. This volume covers the 1960s, when the British came to predominate after the rule of Italian and German manufacturers in the previous decade. All ten World Champions of the decade came from the English-speaking world - Britain, the USA, Australia and New Zealand - and most of the successful cars were British-built too, from Cooper, BRM, Lotus and Brabham. This was an era when small teams and privateers were involved in significant numbers and they are all covered, all the way to the most obscure and unsuccessful. This book shines new light on many areas of the sport and will be treasured by all Formula 1 enthusiasts.
- Year-by-year treatment covers each season in fascinating depth, running through the teams - and their various cars - in order of importance.
- Works teams form the core of the book: BRM, Ferrari and Lotus participated throughout the decade, while Cooper, Porsche, Honda, Brabham, Eagle, McLaren and Matra were the other winning marques.
- Privateer teams in all their colourful diversity are a special dimension of this book, topped by Rob Walker Racing, the finest privateer operation in Formula 1 history, and a winner in this decade with Stirling Moss and Jo Siffert.
- Privateers range from well-known names to one-race wonders long forgotten by even the most dedicated enthusiasts.
- Over 400 photos - in colour wherever possible - show every type of car raced by every team, presenting a comprehensive survey of all participants.
- The sweep of the decade covers rapid technical development, including monocoque chassis, ever-wider tyres and aerodynamic wings.
- Detailed text includes car specifications and technical essentials.
The chicken is one of the most familiar and ubiquitous of all the domestic animals, having been kept by humankind for thousands of years for its meat, eggs and feathers. It has also played and continues to play a part in religious ceremonies and other ancient rituals, aspects which are examined here. Today, chickens are found in almost every part of the world, and it is estimated that over 24 billion of them exist worldwide. Yet their exact origins are still open to conjecture, despite our long and mutual association, although they most likely stemmed from one of the breeds of Asian jungle fowl, to which many chickens bear a striking resemblance.
Chickens serves as a general introduction to the many aspects of keeping domestic chickens, examining their likely origins and relationship with their closest relatives among the gamebirds, while sections on bird biology and behavior highlight the similarities and differences between chickens and other birds, providing insights into the reasons why they behave as they do. Advice is also given on choosing a chicken and where to obtain one and housing, feeding, health, and general care is considered. To finish, a comprehensive description of many of the world's most popular breeds is also provided, which will simplify the task of choosing chickens of your own.
- 24-hour races are the supreme discipline in motorsports. Every year, more than 200,000 fans meet in Le Mans for the race over the weekend. This book goes behind the scenes to document every detail and emotion - The photographer and author spent three years following the Porsche team - Special edition, limited to 99 copies, signed and numbered Endurance races are the supreme discipline in motorsports. Several times per year, the best race drivers worldwide are on the tracks for 24 hours. The 24-hour races at the N rburgring and in Daytona are the toughest tests for man and material. Le Mans as the third run is the icon among the legendary races. In recent years, Porsche set standards in the endurance race world championship - with perfection and passion. Star photographer Frank Kayser and his team observed the delicate and deeply exhausting work of the Porsche team for three years. The world-famous photographer was allowed where other press photographers were not: in the pit, in the pit lane during the change of tires and drivers, in the closed off areas of the racers' quarters. His photos show the stress, the top performance, the eternal night, and the success of perfection. With photography by Keyser, detailing a world previously unseen by outsiders, and a passionate text by journalist Heike Hientzsch sketching the participants' emotions, this book illustrates the true nature of endurance races - the tension, exhaustion, and the dedication. Also available: Standard edition, ISBN 9783667111036.
Slipcase is damaged, but book is in Like New condition.
Professional automobile racing has always been dominated by sanctioning bodies whose main goal was to ensure competition. That has meant seeing that cars are well matched--in body shape or chassis/engine combinations or engine size. But what about an all-out competition, in which one team's idea of the fastest race car could be pitted against another's, regardless of mechanical "parity"? This was what the International Motor Sports Association's (IMSA) Grand Touring Prototypes (GTP) race series was about. The Series ran from 1981 to 1993, and it was one of the most exhilarating racing experiences of all time.
This book is the first to profile the amazing machines that resulted from the GTP's flat-out competition among different--and passionate--ideas about what might be the fastest way around a track: the V-12 with its better ground-effect tunnels but higher center of gravity (CG); the flat six with its low CG but severely-restricted ground-effect tunnels; and others that employed elaborate wings and air dams.
Here are the people behind this engineering free-for-all, the culmination of almost a century of automobile racing experience. And here are eighteen of the most competitive vehicles they designed. Using photography, diagrams, drawings and first-person accounts from the men who built them, Inside IMSA's Legendary GTP Race Cars offers a detailed look at the technology that drove some of the world's most exciting race cars, the likes of which may never be seen again.
Household cats are happy to lie about, preferably in a sunny spot, their only effort a trip to the food bowl or litter box. It is up to their humans to keep them healthy, physically active and mentally engaged. Fit Cat provides cat owners with a road map to the best care they can give their feline companions.
In 14 chapters, the book covers every part of a cat's life. There is information seldom covered in cat books -- such as budgeting, staying in hotels, assessing health at home and reducing anxiety -- and also includes problem solving and more than a dozen games that will engage even the laziest of cats.
- How Healthy is Your Cat? - veterinarian, medications
- Knowing Your Cat - feline emotions, popular breeds, what gestures and meows reveal
- Grooming and Hygiene - hair, nails, teeth and gums
- Food and Nutrition - portion size, foods, treats, weight
- Behavior Issues - tackling problem behaviors like attacking ankles and waking you up
- Basic and Advanced Tricks - training command, cat psychology
- The Indoor Life - scratching posts, beds, play
- Litter Training - litter boxes, cleaning, solving problems like going outside the box
- Travel - airplanes, boats, hotels, anxiety, kitty-proofing a hotel room
- Pet First Aid - emergencies, CPR, first aid kit, bleeding, bee stings, burns
- Socializing - cat to cat, cat to dog, cat to people, cat to spouse/mate/guest, cats and birds
- Budgeting - how to lower expenses, what never to cut out, homemade toys, pet insurance
- The Early Years - kitten care
- The Senior Years - tips, pet-proof the house, dementia, euthanasia, adopting a senior cat, feline trivia.
There are at least 74 million and as many as 96 million pet cats in America alone. More than 2.7 million people "like" cats on Facebook. For millions of cat lovers who want only to give their pets a long, happy and healthy life. Fit Cat has the expert advice and guidance to do just that.
Mice are easy to keep as caged pets, but they are delicate and must be handled carefully by children. This title, along with all books in the comprehensive and popular B.E.S. Complete Pet Owner's Manuals series, provides advice on feeding, health care, housing, and all other important aspects of responsible pet ownership. Each title in the series is individually written from first page to last by a pet trainer, veterinarian, or other pet-care specialist. All Complete Pet Owner's Manuals are filled with high-quality photos and instructive line art.