Give your child a healthy start with naturally delicious baby foodYou want the best for your baby, starting with wholesome, healthy food. Preparing organic baby food helps ensure good nutrition, and it's not time-consuming or complicated--all you need is a little planning. The Everything Organic Baby Meals Cookbook will teach you all you need to know about organics and how to prepare all-natural meals for your baby. This cookbook is packed with hundreds of ideas for food your baby will love, including:
- Baby's First Rice Cereal
- Pear Mango Puree
- Mango, Peach, and Rice Cereal
- Chicken, Papaya, and Nutmeg Mash
- Homemade Applesauce
- Couscous with Grated Zucchini and Carrots
- Tomato and Orzo Soup
- Spaghetti Squash with Italian Herbs
Following on the heels of First Foods comes Cooking Light's first cookbook that gives moms fun, great-tasting, and healthy recipes they know their kids will love. Parents want their kids to be healthy, and this book, geared toward kids ages 3-12, shows them how. Cooking Light provides the facts about kids' nutrition-what kids need and what they don't need. But it's not just about "kid" foods and "adult" foods-it is about foods suitable for the entire family.
More than 100 kid-tested recipes show parents (and kids) they don't have to become short-order cooks when mealtime rolls around. In this easy-to-use, spiral-bound book, parents will learn how to get their kids involved in healthy cooking-teaching those skills that will prepare them for a lifetime of healthy habits and healthful, delicious meals.
Cooking Light The Ultimate Kid-Approved Cookbook is brimming with these fun features to enhance time spent in the kitchen:
- "Kitchen Classroom" and "Nutrition Notes" teach moms and kids about nutrition and interesting food facts.
- "Meals Made Easy" provides information about easy pairing of dishes to complete a meal.
- "Young Chefs Can" and "Older Chefs Can" boxes with each recipe list the tasks kids of all ages can help with, allowing the entire family to be involved in getting dinner on the table.
- Quotes from the Kids Tasting Panel throughout the book tell why they liked a particular dish, their serving suggestions, and ideas for extras.
- Mini bite-sized blueberry pancakes
- Chicken salad puffs
- Tasty tacos
- Parmesan potato fries
- Cheese-crusted fish fillets
- Quick-eating s'mores
- Ultimate peanut butter-chocolate squares
It's stuffed with trivia tidbits and 30 food-themed puzzles, and you'll discover what foods to eat to stay healthy and what to do to stay safe in the kitchen. Bring your creativity to the kitchen, and get ready to have fun. You'll be whipping up masterpieces in no time--it's as easy as pie
Part of DK's Children Just Like Me series, this book is a celebration of children around the world, the food they eat, and the meals they share, with 27 easy-to-follow recipes from a variety of countries--from Botswana to the USA.
Food Like Mine lets kids eat their way through an amazing variety of countries, including India, Sweden, and Mexico, and celebrate the traditions with children just like them along the way.
With 27 recipes from around the world, this book unites the traditional dishes eaten by children from diverse backgrounds using four staple ingredients: rice, wheat, corn, and potatoes. These easy-to-follow recipes allow young readers to experience the dishes--and other cultures--first-hand, from sushi and Indian rice pudding to pasta and chow mein.
Part of DK's groundbreaking series on children of the world, Food Like Mine shows that, even if people live thousands of miles apart and have different cultural traditions, our lives all share one common ingredient: food.
The #1 New York Times Best Seller
IACP Award Winner
Want to bake the most-awesome-ever cupcakes? Or surprise your family with breakfast tacos on Sunday morning? Looking for a quick snack after school? Or maybe something special for a sleepover? It's all here. Learn to cook like a pro--it's easier than you think.
For the first time ever, America's Test Kitchen is bringing their scientific know-how, rigorous testing, and hands-on learning to KIDS in the kitchen
Using kid-tested and approved recipes, America's Test Kitchen has created THE cookbook every kid chef needs on their shelf. Whether you're cooking for yourself, your friends, or your family, The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs has delicious recipes that will wow
- Recipes were thoroughly tested by more than 750 kids to get them just right for cooks of all skill levels--including recipes for breakfast, snacks and beverages, dinners, desserts, and more.
- Step-by-step photos of tips and techniques will help young chefs feel like pros in their own kitchen
- Testimonials (and even some product reviews ) from kid test cooks who worked alongside America's Test Kitchen will encourage young chefs that they truly are learning the best recipes from the best cooks.
By empowering young chefs to make their own choices in the kitchen, America's Test Kitchen is building a new generation of confident cooks, engaged eaters, and curious experimenters.
Any doll chef will tell you that no supermarket is as well-stocked as a forest, a sand dune, or your own backyard; and everyone knows that dolls love mud, when properly prepared.
For forty years, Mud Pies and Other Recipes has been the consummate cookbook for dolls, using only the finest ingredients found outside. All of the perennial doll favorites are here, including Dandelion SoufflE, Wood Chip Dip, and, of course, Mud Pies.
This special 40th anniversary hardcover edition now includes a Tea Party in the menu section, so that dolls with discriminating palates will be prepared for every social occasion. Erik Blegvad's classically fetching illustrations provide the perfect dressing for Marjorie Winslow's outdoor cookbook for dolls.
Packing your child's lunch box doesn't have to mean another peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a bag of chips. Renowned children's cooking and nutrition expert Annabel Karmel shares more than 120 healthy, creative recipe ideas as well as time-saving hints and tips that will help you make a complete and nutritious lunch without increasing the chaos of your morning routine.Lunch Boxes and Snacks is packed with mouthwatering recipes that can boost your child's brainpower, increase energy, and strengthen the immune system. You'll find a wide range of delicious and easy lunch ideas, from Oriental Turkey Wraps, Individual Focaccia Pizzas, and Chicken Superfood Salad to Trail Mix Bars and Fruit on a Stick, that guarantee that your child will be the envy of the cafeteria. In Lunch Boxes and Snacks you will find:
- Inspirations for hot meals that can be packed in a thermos for winter days
- Quick recipes that can be prepared in advance and kept in the fridge or freezer
- Tips to get your child involved in the lunch-making process
- Helpful hints on packing your child's lunch box so that food stays safe to eat
With Annabel's help, even the busiest parents can easily pack a healthy and tasty lunch that their child will look forward to eating.
Written and designed to appeal to kids ages 5 to 12, this all-new edition of the Better Homes and Gardens New Junior CookBook features 65 brand-new recipes that are simple to make and a blast to eat. Each recipe includes a photo of the dish and unique and lively illustrations of characters that tell a story to complement the dish.
All the recipes here are easy-to-follow and packed with helpful hints and fun ways for kids to put their own spin on them. With lots of easy-to-understand nutrition information, it's a great way to teach kids about healthy eating while getting them interested in cooking.
- 65 recipes include hearty breakfasts, lunches, and dinners as well as healthy snacks and treats
- Fun, engaging, full-color illustrations bring each recipe to life and grab kids' attention
- Special features cover cooking basics, kitchen safety, menu planning, basic nutrition information, and guidance on reading and understanding food labels
Teach your kids how to eat right and help out in the kitchen with the Better Homes and Gardens New Junior CookBook. It's the perfect way to make it rewarding for the whole family.