- Right-as-rain apple cake for St. Swithin's Day (July 15th)
- Wee Matilda's big pig fried pork balls with sage for Pig Face Day (September 14th)
- Roasted goose with fig glaze and bannock stuffing for Michaelmas (September 29th)
- Peasant duck ravioli and last of the harvest chutney for Martinmas (November 11th)
- And many more Accompanied by juicy fun facts and tidbits, these recipes will revive your inner period cook and allow you to impress your guests with obscure medieval knowledge. Keep the old culinary traditions of the Middle Ages alive, whip up some bellytimber, and fill the dinner table with food and friends at your next house banquet. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
From the author of the popular blog, A Cozy Kitchen, comes a beautifully photographed one-stop-shop book with all the recipes and projects you'll need for some cozy inspiration this holiday season--and all year long. You'll love Adrianna Adarme's easy-to-follow instructions and will enjoy getting lost in her warm and comforting photographs. Organized by the months of the year and by categories as "Live," "Do," and "Make, " this book offers ideas for activities, recipes, and DIY projects that make the little moments in life just as exciting as the big. Adarme gives us special (but totally doable) things we can do for others and ourselves. From quick recipes to easy crafts, she focuses on simple, inexpensive undertakings that have a big reward: happiness. The Year of Cozy will surely inspire you to march into your kitchen and craft closet to make something you can truly be proud of.
With 25 killer cupcake recipes, Lily Vanilli will teach you how to bake and decorate some frighteningly good cakesWith 25 killer cupcake recipes, Lily Vanilli will teach you how to bake and decorate some frighteningly good cakes After being banished for so long to the land of the pretty and identical, the domestic and the twee, cupcakes are biting back. Here, Lily Vanilli shows how you can take inspiration from anywhere--insects, roadkill, zombies--and recreate it in cake, with a delicious result. Get creative with your tasty toppings, edible sculptures, and natural ingredients with this introduction to making cakes look weird, ugly and perfect for Halloween. Give guests a shock with revoltingly realistic Marzipan Beetles, or add a crunch to your desserts with Morbid Meringue Bones, dipped in raspberry blood sauce. Try out a black cherry Dracula's Bite red velvet cupcake with cream cheese, a heavenly Fallen Angel Cake, or go for the indulgent and truly dark chocolate Devil's Delight Cupcakes.