Fuel Your Workouts with 125 Recipes from All-star Chef-AthletesTraining hard doesn't have to mean fueling workouts with flavorless foods better suited to members of the animal kingdom. Just ask the all-star roster of chefs who contribute to Runner's World magazine's popular monthly column, the Athlete's Palate. For five years, the likes of Bobby Flay, Jacques Torres, Charlie Trotter, Mark Bittman, Dan Barber, Cat Cora and many more have contributed the recipes they use to fuel their runs to the column. Now, in The Athlete's Palate Cookbook - by Yishane Lee and the editors of Runner's World - these dishes along with more than 60 all-new recipes for breakfasts, entrees, soups, salads, sides, desserts, and beverages are presented along side profiles of the chef-athletes who created them. The first of its kind, this gorgeously photographed cookbook includes recipes for:
- Walnut and Banana Bran Pancakes from Cat Cora
- Marathon Fettuccine with Shrimp in Charred Tomato Sauce from Bobby Flay
- Chicken with Quinoa Tabbouleh from Charlie Trotter
- And many more sumptuous meals With healthy and delicious recipes for all phases of training along with labels for quick-and-easy meals, The Athlete's Palate Cookbook is perfect for any runner, cyclist, swimmer, or triathlete who wants to train hard while eating well.
--A new index featuring home remedies
--Line drawings illustrating unusual foods
--Resources for hard-to-find foods
--A fully cross-referenced format with sidebar recipes throughout
- Appetizers and starters
- Rice, noodles and grains
- Meat and poultry
- Vegetables and salads
- Delicious desserts
Two of America's most popular authorities on healthy eating and cooking join forces in this inspiring, easy-to-use cookbook. This is not a diet book. It is a lively guide to healthy cooking, day-by-day, packed with essential information and, above all, filled with enticing food.Andrew Weil, M.D.--author of the best-selling Eating Well for Optimum Health--brings to this perfect collaboration a comprehensive philosophy of nutrition grounded in science. Rosie Daley--acclaimed for her best-seller, In the Kitchen with Rosie--brings to it her innovative and highly flavorful spa cuisine. The recipes are eclectic, drawing from the healthy and delicious cooking of the Middle East, the Mediterranean, and Asia, among other cuisines. For starters, you might try Grilled Satay or a Miso P t ; for soup, often a meal in itself, a hearty Mixed-Bean Minestrone Stew or a Roasted Winter Squash and Apple Soup with Cilantro Walnut Pesto; a special entr e could be the Savory Roasted Cornish Hens with Roasted Garlic or Baked Spicy Tofu with Bean Thread Noodles, Corn, and Mango; for a simple supper, Turkey Burgers or Portobello Burgers; and for the occasional indulgence, a dessert of Almond Fruit Tart or Peach and Blueberry Cobbler. Andy and Rosie do not always agree. When Rosie calls for chicken, Andy offers a tofu alternative; she likes the flavor of coconut milk, whereas he prefers ground nut milk; when she makes a pastry with butter, he suggests using Spectrum Spread. There are no hard-and-fast rules. Lifelong health begins in the kitchen, so this is a lifestyle book as well as a cookbook. In it you will learn from Dr. Weil: - how to make use of nutritional information in everyday cooking
- what is organic . . . and how to buy organic foods
- the importance of reading labels and what to look for
- sensible advice about eggs, milk, cheese, salt, spicy foods, wine, coffee
- the facts about sugar and artificial sweeteners . . . and from Rosie: - how to get kids involved--from skinning almonds to layering lasagna
- ways to have fun in the kitchen--creating scallion firecrackers and radish rosettes
- low-fat and nondairy alternatives for those with special concerns
- smart menu planning--letting the seasons be your guide . . . and lots more. This revolutionary book will change forever the way you cook for yourself and your family. With 58 photographs in full color.
- Wild yams help promote fertility.
- Berries, spinach, romaine lettuce and broccoli combat dry skin by stimulating oil and collagen production.
- Tomatoes contain an antioxidant that can help prevent cancer. Gillian provides cutting-edge Food Action Plan Prescriptions incorporating the right foods, herbs and quick tips for over 100 everyday ailments. The solutions in this book are tried and tested and based on more than 15 years of consulting with clients in private practice. Gillian McKeith's Food Bible will completely change the way you think about food.
Can you believe it? Great tasty recipes that are easy to prepare-- and they're HEALTHY Bring New York Times bestselling author Phyllis Pellman Good together with the prestigious Mayo Clinic, and that's what you have--irresistibly tasty food that's easy to prepare and nutritious in the bargain Just fix it and enjoy it Fix-It and Enjoy-It Healthy Cookbook is packed with more than 400 recipes for stove-top and oven cooking. I am dedicated to offering recipes that make it possible to eat at home, even if you don't have much time, or radiant cooking skills says Good. Here are hundreds of 'make-it-again' recipes from great home cooks--with nutritional punch I am delighted to have teamed up with Mayo Clinic, whose dietitians have analyzed all the recipes for their nutritional value. Together, we've adapted the recipes to fit within Mayo Clinic's Healthy Weight Pyramid. Each delicious recipe includes Prep Time, Cooking/Baking Time, its own nutrient analysis, and its number of Pyramid servings. A treasury of more than 400 tasty, HEALTHY recipes Enjoy itSkyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
Quit your bitching-they've heard you already You read Skinny Bitch and it totally rocked your world. Now you want to know, "What can I cook that's good for me, but doesn't taste like crap?" Well, lucky for you, the Bitches are on the case. Self-proclaimed pigs, Rory and Kim understand all too well: Life without lasagna isn't a life worth living; chocolate cake is vital to our survival; and no one can live without mac 'n cheese-no one. So can you keep to your SB standards and eat like a whale? Shit yeah, bitches. To prove it, Rory and Kim came up with some kick-ass recipes for every craving there is: Bitchin' Breakfasts PMS (Pissy Mood Snacks) Sassy Soups and Stews Grown-up Appetizers Comfort Cookin' Hearty Ass Sandwiches Happy Endings (Desserts) And a ton more They are all so good (and easy to make) you're gonna freak out. Seriously. What are you waiting for? Get your skinny ass in the kitchen
Renowned for its dazzling beauty and delectable cuisine, the Mediterranean island of Sicily has historically one of the healthiest diets in the world. Recent studies show that this eating style can reduce the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, diabetes, and depression, and that it can even increase fertility rates Now all the succulent flavors and myriad benefits of Sicilian cooking are yours to savor in the very first weight-loss program that will not only help you effortlessly shed unwanted pounds but will become a prescription for a lifetime of nourishing, palate-pleasing fare. Created by respected physician Dr. Angelo Acquista, who has successful counseled his patients on weight management for years, The Mediterranean Prescription starts with a two-week weight-loss stage that includes simple, delectable recipes to help you lose eight to ten pounds right away. Still convinced that all diets leave you feeling deprived? Imagine eating Baked Zucchini with Eggplant and Tomatoes, Sweet-and-Sour Red Snapper, Chicken Cacciatore, Pasta Fagioli, and Baked Onions. Dr. Acquista culled his Sicilian mother's recipe box for the most mouthwatering recipes-plus he includes meals from famous chefs at top Italian restaurants, such as Cipriani and Serafina. If you follow these lifestyle-changing suggestions, you will enjoy - long-term success: Eat the foods you love and enjoy-bread, pasta, and all your favorite Italian dishes-while adopting healthier eating habits.
- no more addictions: A two-week "tough love" stage helps you kick the habit of sugar, junk food, and preservatives.
- zero deprivation: The Sicilian way of cooking and combining foods means less snacking in between meals, and less temptation to fill up on desserts.
- family-friendly recipes: Children will love and benefit from the dishes as well, so you can share the good eating and the good health. Plus you'll find vital information on how being overweight affects each part of your body, including the skin, brain, heart, liver, joints, back, and breasts. Most people don't realize that many of their health problems derive from unhealthful weight. Discover the Sicilian secret to a happy life. Capture a pleasurable way of eating that will bring all the blessings and bounty of the Mediterranean to your table, to your life, and to your health