Dosas, a popular Indian street food, are thin, rice- and lentil-based pancakes that can be stuffed with or dipped into a variety of flavorful fillings. Dosa Kitchen shows you how to make this favorite comfort food at home with a master batter, plus 50 recipes for fillings, chutneys, and even cocktails to serve alongside. Dosas are endlessly adaptable to all tastes and dietary restrictions: naturally fermented and gluten-free, they are easy to make vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free as well. With dishes featuring traditional Indian flavors, like Masala Dosa and Pork Vindaloo Dosa, as well as creative twists, like the Dosa Dog and the Cream Cheese, Lox, and Caper Dosa Wrap, any kitchen can become Dosa Kitchen
In Japanese Home Cooking, the techniques and ingredients of Japanese cuisine are explained clearly, thanks in great part to the many step-by-step photos. It omits nothing, from cooking rice to dressing a Japanese table.
The book is the ideal guide for cooks new to Japanese cuisine, as well as those with experience. Features include:
- Japan's approach to food
- Step-by-step photographs for all recipes that require more than the most basic skills
- Final dish presentation
- Technique and important detail, such as slicing fish and vegetables in the traditional Japanese manner
- Dashi stock base, symbol of Japanese cooking
- Notes on the history of Japanese regional cooking and the influence of foreigners
- The Japanese table.
Japanese Home Cooking has six sections with more than 90 recipes plus variations for everyday dishes and for gourmet cuisine for special occasions.
Examples of the recipes are:
- Starters: Cucumber and wakame Sunomono; Prawns with pickled egg and kimi-zu
- Bowls and Soups: Red miso soup with clams asa ri; Clear soup dumpling and crab wakame
- Vegetables and Tofu: Pumpkin in chicken broth soboro; Seaweed hijiki; Sweet daikon with miso
- Fried and Grilled: Teriyaki salmon; Breaded shrimp tonkatsu; Tamago-yaki omelette
- Rice and Noodles: Rice with five favors; Asa-zuke of cabbage, cucumber, carrots and Brussels sprouts; Yakisoba fried noodles
- Sweets: Soy milk creme caramel; Hortensia cake; Ukishima (floating island).
For hard-to-find ingredients, the book includes a resource section and tips on generally available substitutions.
Influenced by the cuisines of Spain, China, and America along with over 100 regions in the Philippines, Pulutan is the fun and flavorful finger food you eat when you drinkPulutan Filipino Party Recipes is the ultimate cookbook for casual tapas, snacks, and canapes as Filipino cuisine gains popularity worldwide. Marvin Gapultos, author of bestselling The Adobo Road Cookbook showcases 55 standard Pulutan recipes as well as some of his own creative bites in this fun and unique cookbook including:
- Salted "Mani" Bar Nuts
- Fresh Salad Lumpia Rolls
- Pineapple Glazed Bacon Skewers
- And much more including tantalizing desserts
Bring the Exciting and Comforting Flavors of Asia to Your Kitchen
Born and raised in the Philippines, Abigail Raines traveled extensively in Southeast Asia to bring its flavors right to your plate. Her travels taught her that noodles and rice are the perfect canvas for the sweet, salty and spicy flavors of Asian cuisine--inspiring her to create this delicious collection of recipes.
The perennial bestseller is back with a new look.
The first two editions of Simply Thai Cooking have sold over 100,000 copies, and it's not hard to see why. Thai cooking is exhilarating, it's exotic -- and it's easier to make than ever before. The exciting, flavorful ingredients can be found everywhere, and nothing else so magically combines the savory with the sweet, the tart with the spicy.
These easy-to-follow recipes for a wide range of Thai standards are virtually foolproof and taste deliciously authentic. In addition to a new cover treatment, this new edition features 16 new color photographs of this wonderfully enticing cuisine.
All the favorites are back:
- Thai cold spring rolls
- Chicken satay
- Lemongrass-shrimp soup
- Thai hot and sour soup
- Green papaya salad
- Glass noodle salad
- Pad thai
- Coconut noodles with chicken and shrimp
- Thai beef curry
- Marinated grilled beef
- Roast duck in red curry
- Pork with red chili sauce
- Shrimp in spicy coconut milk.
Most of these amazing recipes can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, and helpful hints on the essentials of Thai cuisine will appeal to beginner and experienced home cooks alike.