- The history, rituals and world-changing properties of ten spirits- Includes cocktail recipes- Written by London bartender and poet Seki Lynch, with original illustrations by Tom MaryniakWalk into any bar, in almost any part of the world, and there, on the back shelf you're likely to see Vodka, Gin, Scotch, Bourbon, Brandy, Rum, Shochu, Tequila, Absinthe, Vermouth. These drinks helped shape our culture; inspired authors and painters, brought both anarchy and harmony and even, in some cases, induced mass hysteria. In 10 Drinks That Changed the World, bartender, poet and writer Seki Lynch tells the stories behind the spirits. Tracing the origins of each drink, he dissects the ingredients and locates the first makers, exploring how perceptions and consumption levels have ebbed and flowed through the centuries. Cocktail recipes, lists of artisan makers and insights from the great, good and notorious drinkers of history help complete the r sum for each drink. London artist Tom Maryniak has created original illustrations of each drink for the book.
- A clear overview of the origins, taste and aroma of Vodka- The next book in the best-selling series that includes Gin & Tonic ISBN 9789401425605 and Tequila & Mezcal ISBN 9789401434645. Also forthcoming in the series is Rum ISBN 9789401450072- With a unique taste classification systemFor a long time vodka has been more than just Russia and Poland's national drink. From Asia and Great-Britain to the United States: this fire water has conquered the world and is now the most sold spirit internationally. The term 'fire water' refers to its most distinguishable quality: a neutral spirit, without smell and with a pure taste. It turned vodka also into a bar-tender's best friend and the basis of every Cosmopolitan, Moscow Mule or Bloody Mary. Vodka - The Complete Guide tells the whole story, from the origin and production method to an overview of the numerous vodka brands and the most delicious cocktails. The book also teaches you the best way to enjoy it to the fullest.
- Plant your own cocktail garden
- Utilize seasonal, fresh farmers' market finds or pluck tasty treasures in the wild
- Infuse spirits and make homemade liqueurs
- Create homemade syrups, purees, and jams
- Use eggs, dairy, and even meat in your cocktail for modern mixology explorations
With full-color photographs and more than 100 cocktail recipes, you'll be infusing your life--and your cocktails &151;with wholesome and homegrown ingredients in no time.
With a small, 0.5-liter distiller, you can easily create fine brandies, whiskies, and even essential oils in your own kitchen. In this detailed how-to book, learn the tools, techniques, and safe procedures to distill raw natural materials for a variety of applications. Also included is a useful guide that explains what plants to use for different purposes; a look at the various types of stills; and a detailed, step-by-step treatment of mashing, fermenting, distilling, and refining spirits. Complete with a guide to distilling essential oils and their benefits and tips and tricks for troubleshooting and avoiding common pitfalls, this is the ideal companion for the home distiller.
The art of drinking--one sip at a time Mix up dozens of cocktails-to-go and drink recipes to bring along in your favorite flask with this fun new collectionFlasks are a centuries-old staple in the pockets of anyone who loves a good drink, and this book celebrates the history and many uses of this classic drinking vessel. Discover how famous figures have used and loved their own flasks--and use their ideas to fuel your own fixings With dozens of cocktail recipes for what to put in your flask, plus clever, portable chaser suggestions for nights when you don't have time to make a mix, this book gives you all the inspiration you need. The Art of the Flask even provides tips on how to clean and maintain your trusted flask. Best-selling cocktail guru Paul Knorr pulls out all the stops in this full-color, flask-sized gift book featuring: *Pewter, steel or plastic: Find the right one for you
*Care, keeping, and cleaning of your flask
*Creative cocktail recipes to fill your flask
*Flask etiquette and the do's and don't's of flask ownership
*Famous flasks and the people who wielded them. With striking, full-color photography throughout, and clever cocktail recipes that are sure to delight, The Art of the Flask features inspired drinks for this classic drinking vessel
A new generation of urban bootleggers is distilling whiskey at home, and cocktail enthusiasts have embraced the nuances of brown liquors. Written by the founders of Kings County Distillery, New York City's first distillery since Prohibition, this spirited illustrated book explores America's age-old love affair with whiskey. It begins with chapters on whiskey's history and culture from 1640 to today, when the DIY trend and the classic cocktail craze have conspired to make it the next big thing. For those thirsty for practical information, the book next provides a detailed, easy-to-follow guide to safe home distilling, complete with a list of supplies, step-by-step instructions, and helpful pictures, anecdotes, and tips. The final section focuses on the contemporary whiskey scene, featuring a list of microdistillers, cocktail and food recipes from the country's hottest mixologists and chefs, and an opinionated guide to building your own whiskey collection.
Winner 'Best Cocktails Book' - Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2016In Cocktail Cookbook, Oskar Kinberg presents 75 cocktails that will change the way you drink. The master barman shows you simple recipes for homemade bar ingredients such as nettle cordial, olive oil-infused gin and kiwi and avocado puree - and then how to incorporate them into original cocktails, all invented and tested at his destination drinking den Oskar's Bar in London.
Get ready to reach for standard bar ingredients - cucumber, rhubarb and herbs - and more adventurous inclusions such as pine, peashoots and tonka beans. Then transform and mix into exciting, delicious drinks that are as tasty as they are impressive. Ideal for the curious and creative home cocktail maker, as well as adventurous cooks.
How great would it be to have access to the world's experts to help you choose the coolest and most interesting bars, wherever you find yourself in the world? Well, now you do. Straight Up is a carefully curated collection of insider tips that will allow you to discover the best drinking spots around the globe. From a 10-seat basement bar in Tokyo, to a glitzy rooftop palace in Toronto and a converted Ottoman bathhouse in Budapest, this book contains everything you need to drink in style, brought to you by the locals in the know. Spirits experts Joel Harrison and Neil Ridley have gathered a team of expert contributors among the world's bartending community to nose out the most interesting and characterful experiences. Throughout the book you'll also find features on signature cocktails, cocktail recipes, the low-down on star bartenders, and the inside track on what to drink where.
NOMINATED FOR THE 2018 JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION AWARD IN BEVERAGES!Emma Janzen is your guide to the bartender's best kept secret, the spirit everyone has been missing out on and it's called Mezcal. See what sets this cousin of tequila apart from the rest of the pack. Produced in Mexico for centuries but little known elsewhere until recent years, mezcal has captured the imagination of spirits enthusiasts with its astonishing complexities. And while big liquor is beginning to jump aboard the bandwagon, most mezcal is still artisanal in nature, produced using small-batch techniques handed down for generations, often with agave plants harvested in the wild. Join author Emma Janzen through Mezcal as she presents an engaging primer on all things related to the spirit; its long history, the craft of distilling it, and a thorough guide to many of the most common agaves used in production and how they shape the resulting spirit. In addition, top mezcal bars across the United States and Mexico contribute a selection of nearly fifty cocktails that accentuate its distinguishing qualities. Beautifully produced and authoritatively written, Mezcal is the definitive guide to exploring and unraveling the mysteries of this extraordinary handcrafted spirit. An Editors' Pick for Amazon Best Books of the month of July 2017.