Endless Mealtime Possibilities and Spectacular Flavors
As every sweet potato lover knows, it's more than just a holiday side dish-it's one of the world's healthiest and most flavorful foods In this unique collection bursting with over one hundred recipes, you'll find easy-to-make dishes that highlight the natural and delicious flavors of this versatile vegetable.
Enjoy sweet potatoes year-round with recipes for appetizers, soups, main courses, side dishes, and even breakfasts and desserts
Tempt your taste buds with:
- Orange Butter Sweet Potato Waffles
- Andouille Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet Potato Dumplings
- Spiced Sweet Potato Chips
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Caramel Sweet Potato Pie
- And more
Start cooking today and you'll discover why so many people are in love with The Sweet Potato Lover's Cookbook.
Kale is the veggie everyone's gone mad for--from farmers and foodies to celebrity chefs For those eager to get in on this healthy, tasty trend, here is a fun-to-read, one-stop resource for all things kale, including more than 75 recipes to entice, satisfy, and boost your well-being. The dishes include meltingly tender stews, flash-saut ed side dishes, salads and slaws, sandwiches, smoothies, and even muffins and chips. Stephanie Pedersen, a holistic health counselor and experienced health writer, provides dozens of tips for making kale delicious and desirable to even the most finicky eater. You'll even learn how to start your own kale garden and turn over a new leaf for a healthier life.
Kale is considered one of the world's most powerful superfoods for very good reasons. It's packed with antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals in the body, which, in turn, helps to prevent many kinds of cancer. Just one cup provides more than 100 percent of the daily value of vitamins A, C, and K, and it's low calorie, high in fiber, and fat-free. Furthermore, kale is high in iron and has a good dose of omega-3 fatty acids, which work as an anti-inflammatory and help fight arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders. And to top all that off, author Julia Mueller proves that it can be delicious.
With seventy-five recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack time, and even dessert, your whole family will quickly fall in love with kale. Here's a sampling of the recipes included:
- Butternut squash and kale chili
- Cauliflower and kale yellow curry
- Grilled kale, peach, and corn salad with basil honey balsamic vinaigrette
- Indian chickpea stew with kale
- Roasted beet, walnut, and kale pesto
- Sausage, fennel, and kale soup
- Saut ed shrimp and kale tacos with pineapple, corn, and kale salsa
- Savory cheesy kale pancakes
- Shrimp, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato pesto pizza
- Turkey sliders with caramelized onions, saut ed kale, and blue cheese Each recipe is paired with a gorgeous full-color photo, making this not only a great cookbook, but a beautiful one as well. Whether you're an experienced chef, or just trying it out for the first time, Let Them Eat Kale is an invaluable resource for a delicious, healthy kitchen. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
When the farmers' markets start in earnest in April and May, Minnesotans' pent-up desire for fresh, flavorful produce is answered immediately by rhubarb, spring onions, and tender lettuces. Within just a few weeks, the bounty has expanded exponentially and, before too long, those connected to a crop share or whose market basket is perhaps a bit too accommodating may be wondering: Just what should I do with fennel? And how can I possibly consume all of this spinach?
Tricia Cornell comes to the rescue in Eat More Vegetables, 135 recipes arranged seasonally to correspond with our northern plenty, from a refreshing cold beet soup in the heat of summer to a healthy and comforting butternut squash chili for cold winter nights; from zucchini fritters any kid will love to an adults-only melon-vodka slushie. But this book brings value far beyond creative recipes. Introductions to the many vegetables, fruits, and herbs stacked on farmers' tables and in the grocery store help home cooks see delicious possibilities in kale, cabbage, or tomatoes, while tips for preparation and storage encourage us to make the most of our growing season and extend the goods through fall and into winter, until the markets open up once again.
Tricia Cornell is a writer for The Heavy Table online food magazine and for Twin Cities Business, a former editor for Minnesota Parent and Minnesota Good Age, and a veteran CSA subscriber to Hog's Back Farm of Arkansaw, Wisconsin.
Apple Cookbook features 140 recipes, sweet and savory, easy and delicious, featuring America's favorite fruit in dishes perfect for every meal. Try Apple Cheddar Crepes, Apple Ring Fritters, Apple Banana Bread, Iced Apple Tea, Curried Chicken Salad, Grilled Tuna with Apple Chutney, Cider-Braised Chicken, Pork Chops with Apple Cream Sauce, French Apple Tart, Apple Turnovers, Peach and Apple Pie, Apple Lemon Cake, Apple Blackberry Crisp, and Pumpkin-Apple Pie.
75 fail-proof recipes for delicious vegetable from the world's most trusted and bestselling Italian cookbook series
Italian Cooking School: Vegetables is the latest addition to this fail-proof Italian cookbook series. Step-by-step instructions and photography guide readers through the preparation process and ensure success every time. Chapters cover salads, steaming, boiling and stewing, grilling, frying, roasting and baking.
Phaidon proudly presents the Italian Cooking School series from The Silver Spoon, which is designed for modern cooks to prepare delicious and authentic Italian recipes at home. Ideal for cooking novices, each title in the series features illustrated instructions for basic techniques and a collection of 75 recipes to inspire readers.
Contrary to popular belief, a pepper does not need to make your eyes water or start a fire in your mouth to qualify as a chile. Chile is simply the common name for the fruit of the capsicum plant. Chiles come in a wide variety of colors, shapes and flavors.
This comprehensive book (which serves as both a reference and a cookbook) from bestselling author and expert researcher Judith Finlayson takes you through the many varieties of chiles and provides absorbing information on everything from the historical and geographic origins of chiles, information on The Scoville Scale (it measures the hotness of a chile and was invented by Wilbur Scoville), health benefits and finally, 250 delicious and inventive recipes.
From fiery Tex-Mex inspired meals to savory and sweet Thai, this collection of recipes are sure to make you a lover of all things chile
Here's just a tempting sample of the dishes that await you:
- Appetizers like Cheese Arepas, Fresh Cucumber Kimchi, Guacamole, Indian-Style Roti are the perfect jumping off point for any dinner and sumptuous soups like Mulligatawny, Thai Coconut Chicken and Pepper Black Bean Soup bring warmth and comfort on a cold winter's day.
Chiles add their wonderful and distinctive flavor to fish and seafood and this is highlighted beautifully in Jamaican-Style Fish Cakes, Paella, Shrimp Creole, Bahia-Style Chowder. And Judith's beef and veal recipes marry beautifully with chiles -- resulting in delectable Mexican Meatballs, Chinese Beef with Orange, Beef Fajitas and Ropa Vieja.
There are also recipes for sides, fresh salsas, sambals and chutneys, not to mention sauces, marinades, dressings and condiments.
You're sure to enjoy the wealth of information and recipe in this book that's dedicated to the delights of chiles.
Filled with recipes for breads, broths, and bold dishes such as Garlic Herb Focaccia, Pork Roast with Garlic and Sage, and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, garlic takes center stage in this handy pocket-size book featuring the world's favorite seasoning.