Omega-3 oils can reduce your risk of heart disease, arthritis, skin and bowel problems, and immune and allergic disorders. Unfortunately these oils are deficient in the typical American diet. This book teaches you how to make smart food choices to restore these essential nutrients that your mind and body need to function properly.
- Simple instructions and diagrams for treating all types of emotional states by massaging the body with Bach Flower essences.- Bach Flower Massage contains all the information you need to begin treating yourself and others with the 38 flower remedies, including a list of the indications treated by each essence, illustrations of the flowers themselves, and tips on where to find them in the wild. - Clear diagrams show exactly where to massage the body with each flower essence, depending on the condition to be treated. Doctors have long known that inner imbalances can be reflected in external reactions of the skin, but Bach Flower Massage is the first book to turn that equation around: by manipulating the skin with a combination of massage and Bach Flower essences, inner conditions can be treated. This is an extremely precise method of using Bach Flower essences, because the flowers immediately go to work on the part of the body connected to the psychic imbalance. Practitioners of Bach Flower therapy will be amazed by the results they achieve with this new approach.
- A carrot a day could slash your risk of stroke by 70 percent.
- Ginger can stop migraine headaches and nausea.
- Half an avocado a day can dramatically improve your blood cholesterol.
- Brazil nut may improve your mood.
- Brazil nuts may improve your mood.
- Tea helps prevent stroke, heart disease, and cancer.
- A food allergy may be the cause of your fatigue.
- A leading international authority on food allergy and intolerance provides invaluable advice for achieving dramatic and long-lasting improvements in your health.- Explains how sensitivity to foods is responsible for many chronic and misdiagnosed ailments such as migraines, sinus problems, and persistent fatigue. - Includes a step-by-step process for identifying food allergies and intolerances and reshaping your diet for better health. Many people suffer from chronic, unexplained health problems--migraine headaches, poor digestion, recurring sinus symptoms, aching muscles and joints, persistent fatigue--whose causes remain elusive, even to doctors. When conventional tests fail to provide a clear-cut diagnosis, doctors often suggest that these symptoms are due to stress or anxiety, but now Jonathan Brostoff and Linda Gamlin demonstrate that quite often food allergies and food intolerance are the true culprits in these situations. The authors provide clear explanations of the causes of, as well as the differences between, food allergies and food intolerance and offer numerous case studies on problems all too familiar to many readers. More important, they provide much-needed solutions and treatments for these problems. Along with a wealth of illustrations and charts, Food Allergies and Food Intolerance includes an invaluable step-by-step process for diagnosing food intolerance with a three-stage elimination diet and a system of gradual food reintroduction. A must for anyone who suspects a chronic condition may be linked to dietary sensitivity, Food Allergies and Food Intolerance supplies information that often results in dramatic and long-lasting improvement in people's health and in their lives.
Geneen Roth's pioneering books were among the first to link overeating and compulsive dieting with deeply personal issues that go far beyond weight and body image. Now, in this fun, practical book, she helps readers radically shift their relationships with food and find more life-affirming ways to care for themselves. With an exhilarating combination of intelligence and wicked good humor, she offers bite-sized pieces of invaluable wisdom.
Prepared jointly by the American Diabetes Association and The American Dietetic Association, "The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes" is the most authoritative and comprehensive cookbook available for people with diabetes and their families. With more than 375 recipes that taste as good as they are good for you, this book makes it easy to prepare satisfying and delicious meals that the whole family will enjoy.
If you are a person with diabetes, you know you have to be careful about what you eat. But healthful food doesn't have to be dull, and reducing fat and calories doesn't mean giving up flavor. Why feel deprived when you could start the day with Scrambled Eggs with Ham and a hot Buttermilk Biscuit? Company coming? Everyone will enjoy a savory Cheddar Cheese Dip served with crisp raw vegetables and apple slices. Grilled Orange-Mustard Chicken with Apple-Pecan Wild Rice and steamed broccoli make a perfect family dinner, or try Shrimp and Asparagus with Fettuccine in Mustard Cream Sauce for a weekend supper. Have a hankering for something sweet? Port-Poached Pears are an elegant fat-free dessert, or indulge in heavenly Angel Food Cake with Cocoa Whipped Cream.
The recipes in "The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes" are consistent with the latest diabetes recommendations and make the best use of the new lower-fat ingredients available today. Each recipe is accompanied by a nutritional analysis and the most current diabetes exchange information; recipes containing more than 400 milligrams of sodium per serving are flagged.
A winning combination of the most recent nutritional recommendations and contemporary culinary tastes, "The New Family Cookbook for Peoplewith Diabetes" is the one book all those with diabetes should have in their kitchen library.
The Dragon's WayTo Natural, Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss
Here at last is the secret to taking off pounds and inches and keeping them off for life. Unlike popular miracle diet programs and products, The Dragon's Way addresses the root cause of your weight problems and offers a remarkable six-week program that shows you how to reach your optimum weight and stay there. The Dragon's Way is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theories that have been practiced for thousands of years. Today billions of people worldwide benefit from this medical system. The Dragon's Way is not about food restrictions, apetite suppression, or vigorous exercising. It's about treating the whole person instead of focusing on weight; about how to use ancient energy movements to awaken your healing ability; about showing you how to use food as a healing tool; and about helping you achieve the harmony and balance in your own body that can result in natural, healthy, permanent weight loss.
- How the Traditional Chinese Medicine approach differs from diet programs
- How this TCM program makes you feel better physically and emotionally
- How stress causes weight problems
- How food cravings signal body needs
- Why depriving your body of food leads to further weight gain
- Healing foods and recipes that help you eliminate excess water and body fat
- Herbal supplements and energy movements that encourage body harmony and help you avoid excess wieght
- Additional health benefits beyond wieght loss
- And Much More
Dr. Chaitow provides practitioners and students with a working knowledge of the diagnostic and therapeutic use of neuro-muscular, muscle energy and strain-counterstrain techniques, and covers a number of additional individual techniques and systems involving reflex points and trigger points.