From starry night rituals to garden toad totems, discover the enchanting craft of the HedgeWitch.
Transform your life with a little help from nature Working in harmony with the earth's energy is the heart of the free-spirited, simple garden magick known as HedgeWitchery. This guidebook from the immensely popular Silver RavenWolf has everything a new HedgeWitch needs to connect in a personal way with nature's creative, life-affirming energy and use it in magick and spellwork.
HedgeWitch features a fourteen-lesson, hands-on guide that you complete at your own pace, interacting with different aspects of nature in simple yet life-changing ways. The fourteen rituals, which can be done alone or with a group, culminate in an inspiring dedication ceremony.
Along with a wealth of helpful hints on using HedgeWitch magick for love, health, and beauty, this guide presents tips and recipes for soap making, tea-leaf reading, butterfly garden magick, organically growing your own herbs, and a variety of other ways to use HedgeWitchery in your hearth, home, and garden.
Praise for Silver RavenWolf:
"RavenWolf's prose is delightful and inviting...a wonderful guidebook for readers who are serious about beginning a Wiccan spiritual journey."--Publishers Weekly
Recognize and celebrate the magic of life with timeless rites and spells. Create a magical household--a haven of harmony, safety, spirituality, security, and romance. The benefits include a happier existence, protection against thieves, improved health, restful sleep, satisfying spiritual experiences, and a perfect environment for positive magic. This warm and wise guide by much loved author Scott Cunningham has been helping people create sacred space in their homes and gardens for nearly twenty years.
The three-volume Witch School teaching series will prepare you for initiation into all three degrees of Correllian Wicca, one of the largest and fastest-growing Wiccan traditions in the world. As an additional bonus, WitchSchool.com offers many optional interactive features to enhance your textbook learning experience.
The Witch's Journey
Venture further on your journey into the magical life of a Witch. The twelve lessons of the Witch School's Second Degree, designed to be completed in the traditional "year and a day" format, build on the skills and knowledge you gained in the First Degree training program. Each lesson has four sections: an in-depth lesson, magical exercises, a spell, and a glossary. You'll round out your magical education and be ready choose your specialty within the Wiccan arts when you master the following advanced tools and techniques:
- Magical Alphabets
- Death, Spirits, and Spirit Guides
- Sex Magic
- Magical Calendars
- Advanced Chakra and Energy Work
- Ley Lines
- The Ba Gua
- Group Dynamics
Completion of the twelve lessons in this book makes you eligible for initiation into the Second Degree of Correllian Nativist Wicca.
The changing of the seasons, phases of the moon, even our personal experiences--all are reflections of the Divine Feminine. Create a stronger connection to the sacred world and your own divinity by welcoming these thirteen powerful Celtic and Nordic goddesses into your life.
As you make your way through a transformative year, know that each goddess has a different energy and a unique lesson to teach you. Starting with the Winter Solstice, the eight seasonal Sabbats and five faces of the moon provide the guideposts along your path. Through ritual, invocation, guided meditations, and magical activities, you'll explore each goddess's unique mythology and discover her message for your life.
- Cerridwyn: Welsh Goddess of Rebirth and Renewal
- Brigid: Irish Goddess of Healing, the Forge, and Creative Inspiration
- Eostre: Anglo-Saxon Goddess of Spring
- Freyja: Norse Goddess of Love and WarAine: Irish Goddess of Faeries and Fertility
- Danu: Irish Mother Goddess of Wisdom
- Modron: Welsh Mother Goddess of Mystery
- Hella: Norse Goddess of the Underworld
- Branwen: Welsh Goddess of Sovereignty
- Maeve: Irish Goddess of Personal Power
- The Valkyries: Norse Goddesses of Battle Magic and Soul Journey
- Morrighan: Irish Goddess of Magic and Death
- Rhiannon: Welsh Great Queen and Horse Goddess
Discover the ancient lore, household techniques, and spiritual wisdom that will help turn every day into a time of magic, respect for all, and love of the Goddess, when you get Wheel of the Year by Pauline Campanelli.
Wheel of the Year takes you on a month-by-month journey of discovery through seasonal aspects of Paganism practiced both in recent and ancient times. Just look at a few of the things shared in this gentle, loving book:
- For December: The Magic of Mistletoe; The Ritual Burning of the Yule Log; Magical Uses of Ashes from the Yule Fire; A Ritual for Cutting Sacred Fir; The Pagan Symbolism of Santa Claus.
- For March: Nine Magical Woods for the Beltane Fire; Psychic Skills for Working Magic; Making and Using the Magic (Black) Mirror; Telepathy; The Ouija Board; A Ritual for Opening the Heart Chakra.
- For May: Seeing Faeries; A May Wine Ritual; Symbolism of the Maypole; Sacred Marriages; Hawthorn Protection Amulet.
- For August: Celebration of the Grain Harvest; Ritual for Baking Sacred Bread; Making an Onion Charm; Magical Symbolism of Garlic; Natural Dyes and Inks.
- For October: Apple Traditions; A Hazelnut Charm; The Man in Black; Ritual Costuming and Mask Making; Divination for Samhain.
This is only a small amount of the lore and a few of the many activities you will learn for each of these five months, in Wheel of the Year. The other seven months of the year are covered in depth, too, and each chapter has beautiful illustrations by Dan Campanelli.
Whether you live in a city, suburb, or farm and whether you live by yourself, with a partner, or with a family, Wheel of the Year will reintroduce you to the magic that is all around you.
What if you could peek inside the journal of a skilled and powerful Wiccan and read all about her exciting forays into the Craft? What if that Witch was the ever-popular Silver RavenWolf?
Silver's own pearls of wisdom gained along the bumpy road to spiritual enlightenment can be found in A Witch's Notebook. This hands-on guide is designed to work from moon to moon-leading students through five months of spiritual advancement. In discussing cleansing, sacred symbols, renewed spirituality, and magickal ingredients, Silver urges Wiccans to step outside the usual confines of Witchcraft and explore other belief systems. This book also includes exercises, spells, and herbal information to assist in forging one's own unique spiritual path.
You've heard that dreamlike voice calling to you: a yearning to work with the earth's life energies...a heartfelt desire to become a student of the Craft. Now is the time to call forth your passion and strength of will, and commit yourself fully to the Path of the Wise. Dedicant: A Witch's Circle of Fire invites you to set forth on the sacred journey to becoming a Witch.
Designed to harmonize with the Wheel of the Year, the monthly lessons feature seasonally themed stories, meditations, Witchcraft lore, ethics questions, spells, and pathworking rituals. The course on Wicca culminates in a powerful self-initiation rite that brings you to the level of Initiate.
Blending purposeful study with reflection and awareness, the Circles system of Wicca study is ideal for the solitary student or as part of a coven curriculum. Dedicant helps you ignite your inner light and keep it burning by teaching you the core essentials of Wiccan wisdom:
- Creating a spiritual grimoire
- Writing and performing daily devotionals
- Calling the Gods and Goddesses
- Conducting Sabbat and Esbat rituals
- Performing herb and energy work
- Making and using magical tools
- Selecting ritual garb
- Casting a power circle
"Calafia does a great job of laying out the groundwork, and she presents it in a unique, workable structure that's easy to follow and offers a solid scaffolding for self-development."--Witches and Pagans
Are you ready to open yourself to the divine powers in order to bring beauty into your life, happiness to your heart, and strength to your will? Then you'll want to get Witchcraft: Theory and Practice by Ly de Angeles. With more than three decades of experience she has learned how to bring the teachings alive, combining modern with ancient, so you can better understand the true potential and depth of Witchcraft.
Within the pages of this book you will find the secrets and techniques to become a Witch. These can be divided into three categories: philosophical disciplines, spiritual beliefs, and practical techniques. Each part gets a focus in this book.
In the first section, you will:
- Learn meditation and how it can be used for ritual
- Discover the secrets of visualization, telepathy, and personal power
- Use the self-analysis techniques to discover who you are and never walk in anyone's shadow
In the second section you can:
- Uncover the essence of the God and Goddess
- Discover the festivals of Witchcraft
- Learn how to make and use the tools of Witchcraft
- Understand how to do rituals, including the rite of self-initiation
And in the final section, you'll:
- Practice psychic protection, shapeshifting, and banishing
- Master astral projection
- Learn to interpret omens
This really just barely covers some of the information you will find revealed in these pages. Written in a style that is clear and concise, this book will add to your knowledge of Witchcraft. Whether you are new to the Craft or have been practicing for some time, Witchcraft: Theory and Practice will impart wisdom that will fascinate and entice. You will be using this book for many years to come.
As human beings, we live in a world of symbols. From traffic signs to the very letters that comprise these words, symbols are woven into every aspect of daily life. Since prehistoric times humans have used symbolic representation to communicate with each other and with the divine.
In Signs, Symbols & Omens, leading occult authority Ray Buckland describes the form and meaning of over 800 symbols from ancient and modern religions, magical traditions, and indigenous cultures around the world:
- Ancient Egypt
- Australian Aborigines
- Aztec and Mayan
- Ceremonial Magic
- Greek and Roman
- Magical Alphabets
- Native American
Understand the symbols used throughout human history and gain a deeper appreciation for the depth of the human experience and the vast uncharted realm of the collective unconscious.
Witches' hats and harvest moon
Ghosts that dance to haunted tune
Apples, goodies, food galore
Halloween has this and more
Just where did the autumn gaiety begin? Let Silver RavenWolf guide you through the cobwebby corners of time to uncover the history behind Halloween. Honor the spirit of this hallowed harvest holiday with:
- Halloween magick: Prosperity Pumpkin Spell, Corn Husk Dolly, Solitary Harvest Moon Ritual
- Magickal goodies: Candied Love Apples, Witches' Brew, Sugar Snakes in Graveyard Dust
- Halloween myths and superstitions: Black cats, scarecrows, pitchforks, witches, ghosts, and haints
- Divination: Circle of Ashes and Stones, Magick Mirrors, Apple, Pumpkin Seed, and Water Divination
- Rituals to Honor the Dead: The Dumb Supper, Samhain Fire, Soul Lights, Spirit Rattles and Spirit Bowls