- The history of numerology
- The meanings behind each number
- Instructions on calculating your personality and destiny numbers
- Analysis of relationship compatibility
- . . . and much more
Wilhelm frequently wrote and lectured on the Book of Changes, supplying guidelines to its ideas and ways of thinking. Collected here are four lectures he gave between 1926 and 1929. The lectures are significant not only for what they reveal about Chinese tradition and culture, but also for their reflections of the scholarly and cultural milieu prevalent in Germany during that time.
Originally published in 1979.
The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to again make available previously out-of-print books from the distinguished backlist of Princeton University Press. These editions preserve the original texts of these important books while presenting them in durable paperback and hardcover editions. The goal of the Princeton Legacy Library is to vastly increase access to the rich scholarly heritage found in the thousands of books published by Princeton University Press since its founding in 1905.
Master the ancient art of palm reading with this modern guide.
Palmistry is a powerful craft and a way of gaining self-awareness. It will help you to better understand and develop your character, love life and career in order to become the person you want to be and live the life you truly desire. Not all of the lines have been written yet and by studying your palms you can learn how to alter a negotiable future.
Your destiny is in your hands.
A practical illustrated guide to finding meaningful relationships through the art of palmistry- Hundreds of illustrations allow you to compare the palms of friends and loved ones to different personality types to see how compatible you are - Includes a palm print kit allowing you to print your palm for accurate readings The lines of our palms are like continuous printouts of our experiences, thoughts, and emotions. For 4,500 years the Indian science of morphology known as Samudrik Shasta, the ocean of knowledge, has studied these printouts, developing an unparalleled ability to interpret them. Though often thought of as only a tool for fortune-telling, palmistry is used in India for personality assessment and counseling. By seeing our own personalities as they are reflected in the unique signature of our palms, we learn why we succeed in some relationships and not others, and what we can do to strengthen bonds with the most important people in our lives. Love in the Palm of Your Hand provides complete and practical information on the science of palmistry. Hundreds of illustrations of actual palms allow you to compare the palms of your friends and loved ones to different personality types and see how changes in character over time are reflected in the lines of the hand. Included with the book is an inked acetate kit that you can use to print and read your own palm.
EIHWAZ the yew, URUZ the wild ox, KENAZ the hearth fire. Created by the Nordic and Germanic tribes of northern Europe, the runes began as a magickal system of pictographs representing the forces and objects in nature.
This guidebook will help you discover the oracular nature of the runes and how to use them as a magickal tool for insight, protection, and luck. Practical and concise, this book includes:
- Complete descriptions of the twenty-four runes of the Elder Futhark, plus WYRD, the blank rune
- The differences between bindrunes and runescripts
- Four rune layouts and detailed rune interpretations, including reversed position meanings
- How to carve runes and create talismans
- Meanings and uses of the runes in magick
Lost Teachings of the Runes is an unexpected adventure into the hidden meanings and profound lessons held in these simple markings that are the signatures of ancient beings.
Lost Teachings of the Runes invites the reader to journey to the realms of past and future that exist hidden beyond the horizon and beneath our feet. Using an engaging blend of stories, meditations, and ancestral knowing, author Ingrid Kincaid explores Northern Mysteries from the center of the Wheel of Life. Kincaid demonstrates ways the Wheel can be used to connect ancient wisdom with modern life, and offers tools and teachings that may be used on a daily basis to enable readers to reclaim their personal power. Lost Teachings of the Runes presents a life-affirming, death-honoring approach that returns the runes to a place of balance, to light and dark, to order and chaos, and to the roots and branches of the world tree.
Get everything you ever wanted in 6 easy steps
Within you lies the secret of your dreams--powerful spiritual and intuitive reserves that allow you to achieve your goals and transform your life. Learn how you can begin immediately to manifest everything you want or need with the step-by-step approach presented by Dr. Caeabrese. Hundreds of her clients and students have achieved outstanding practical results using the methods in this book, which includes interactive workbook sections.
- Follow the sure-fire 6-step method for drawing whatever you want into your life
- Use any of the 60 affirmations to help you manifest your goals
- Discover your hidden talents and creative abilities, and use them to give your manifesting work a final blast of energy
- Learn ways to ensure that your request to the universe has been transmitted
Love, money, cars, homes, even good health-discover how to get whatever you desire in 6 easy steps with How to Get Everything You Ever Wanted.
A groundbreaking work that sees the contemporary cultural trends of tattooing, piercing, implanting, and branding as a quest for a transformative psychic experience.- Features unforgettable color photographs by Steve Haworth, the foremost body modification artist in the United States. - Introduces a subculture that has gone far beyond the realm of simple tattooing. Acts of body modification are deeply rooted in physical impulses that are obscured in our technological society. As we become more removed from the physicality of our existence, we lose touch with an essential part of our humanity. Body modification is a way of reconnecting to our bodies, to the earth, and to the divine. Pagan Fleshworks reveals that the prevalence of body modification--tattooing, piercings, brandings, and implants--is the postmodern way to heal the body and enliven the soul. These "fleshworks" are the result of people creating their own rituals and symbols of meaning in order to feel a sense of the divine within. Maureen Mercury relates the various stages of obtaining fleshworks to the stages of alchemy, showing how fleshworks lead to psychic transformation--soul-making. Using mythological imagery and the stories of those who have chosen to modify their bodies, she identifies the signposts of our journey toward self-expression, exploring the connection between our desires and our outward life. More than 30 riveting color photographs by leading body modification artist Steve Haworth provide the perfect visual complement to this examination of the soul as it rises toward freedom.
- Explains how the primal energy generated by physical desire can be used to achieve enlightenment- Reveals the techniques used by Tantric adepts to attain mastery over breath, thought, and all physical processes Nothing can match the explosive energy created in the body by pure desire. For millennia, Tantric adepts have harnessed this force as a means of attaining the summits of the mystical life. The energies fueled by passion are used to nourish the inner flame that burns away the egotistical perception of the mind. Desire explores the subtle techniques of Tantra that enable the seeker to attain the triple mastery of the breath, thought, and the natural processes of the body. Tantrics believe that the body is the temple and divinity lies at its heart. In order to arrive at profound awareness, the body needs to be perfectly tuned and working toward a state of perfect fluidity. Desire reveals many of the secret practices intended for this purpose that have been passed down in the major Tantric treatises such as the Vijnanabhariva Tantra and Ch'an master Chinul's treatise on the Secrets of Cultivating the Mind, including the important techniques of the ritual sexual observances known as Maithuna.