Most flowers on the market today are imported, mass-produced and chemical-laden. The 50 Mile Bouquet introduces some of the innovative voices of the dynamic new Slow Flower movement: the organic flower farmers, the sustainably-motivated floral designers...and the flower enthusiasts who are increasingly asking, Where and how were my flowers grown, and who grew them?
With documentary-feature reporting and full color photographs, this visually elegant book takes us into the farms and design studios of these slow-flower folks to follow the green journey of the 50 mile bouquet. This is the first book to spotlight this major transformation in how cut flowers are grown, designed and consumed, which closely mirrors the locavore/slow food revolution in the culinary world.
The 50 Mile Bouquet is the slow flower guide to Organic Flower-Growing, Gathering and Design.
Foreword by Amy Stewart, author of Flower Confidential.
In Arranging Flowers in a Vase, Judith Blacklock reveals how, with tips and advice to ensure success every time. With more than 60 colored illustrations and 200 magnificent photographs.
(Originally published in hardcover as The Wreath Recipe Book)
Alethea Harampolis and Jill Rizzo, authors of The Flower Recipe Book and founders of Studio Choo, provide more than 100 step-by-step projects to make with flowering and leafy branches. In the spring, readers can create a cherry blossom bough or a centerpiece of lilacs and olive branches. In the summer, a garland features sage with pomegranates and citrus-colored strawflowers. In autumn, wreaths are made out of magnolias and rosemary. Winter highlights cedar, pine, and juniper, yielding unexpected table settings and new wreath shapes. Also included are hundreds of step-by-step photos, as well as tutorials covering basic techniques, sourcing, and care information.
Unlike most flower-arrangement books, which rely on expensive and often nonseasonal flowers from florists, this book presents an alternative that is in line with the "back to nature" movement. This is the first volume to showcase how to be inspired by nature's seasonal bounty and bring that nature into the home through floral arrangements.From the well-known lifestyle photographer Ngoc Minh Ngo and Nicolette Owen of Brooklyn's Little Flower School, Bringing Nature Home presents a portfolio of unique and original floral arrangements directly inspired by the seasons and the local environment, with sources ranging from farmers' market offerings to the backyard garden. Presented through lush photography that also showcases the beautiful interiors the arrangements are created for, this is as much a decorating tome as it is a floral-arrangement guide. A how-to section offers advice on the selection, trimming, and care of the arrangements and on repurposed and unique containers, making this book practical as well as inspiring.
- A richly illustrated handbook with a fun and fresh design- Easy to follow, providing step-by-step instructions to help you create stunning arrangements with flowers, buds, leaves, berries, and foliage - Includes detailed photographs of the process Bunch Up A Step-by-Step Guide for Budding Florists is a manual to inspire, and to provide practical suggestions; it is an invitation to look with new eyes at nature and her loveliest works of art - flowers. Detailed illustrations, photographs taken especially for this book, and step-by-step instructions will teach you how to recognize leaves, berries, and flowers, and how to bring out their best in elegant floral creations, from tied bunches and compositions to stunning bouquets.
- This flower color guide makes an exceptional gift for anyone with interest in floral d cor and arrangement.
- With thousands of gorgeous photographs showing step-by-step arrangement instructions, it's ideal for beginners and experts.
- Great coffee table book filled with page after page of beautiful images to browse and enjoy.
- Smudge Sticks
- Herb Sachets
- Hanging Herbal Swag
- Natural Confetti
- Herbal Cleaning Vinegars
- Herb salts (with recipes for different blends)
- Herbal Teas
- Compound Herb Butter
- Lavender Neck Wrap
- Simple Herbal Balm
- And much more
In addition to the crafts, learn how to grow, prune, harvest, dry, and store your favorite herbs. Woven throughout are helpful tidbits on the wellness properties and history of herbs. Create useful crafts that will beautify your home and make wonderful DIY gifts
In this gorgeous and unique book, Decorate author Holly Becker teams up with stylist Leslie Shewring to offer practical know-how and colorful inspiration for decorating the home with florals. Beginning with the basics of flower arranging and progressing on to decorating ideas for a range of styles--such as vintage, eclectic, and modern-- with creative DIY flower and container projects peppered throughout, this book offers a bunch of fresh ideas for flower enthusiasts and home decorators on any budget.