- Code with Scratch--projects like making a dog walk through the park, sending your friend a card, and devising a full-scoring game
- Build your own computer--really
- Create your own digital fortune-teller, with the Python language.
- Make your own smartphone gloves.
- Make light-up bracelets.
- Code a motion sensor that tells you when someone enters your room.
- And lots more
- Learn about setting the scene, what makes a good game and playability
- Discover objects, rules, and goals
- Explore hacks and tweaks, camera angles, fine-tuning and controls
- And much more Computer coding teaches kids how to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically, and is quickly becoming a necessary and sought-after skill. DK's computer coding books for kids are full of fun exercises with step-by-step guidance, making them the perfect introductory tools for building vital skills in computer programming. Add Coding Projects in Scratch and Coding Projects in Python to your collection.
Take kids from browsing to building with DK Workbooks: Computer Coding. Created for children ages 6-9, this highly visual workbook builds basic programming skills using Python, a free computer coding program and language available for download.
Perfect for beginner coders, DK Workbooks: Computer Coding explains how computer coding works and teaches kids how to complete simple coding actions with clear, step-by-step instructions and fun pixel art. All they need is a desktop or laptop, and an internet connection to download Python 3.
From creating lists to solving math problems to controlling a robot in a maze, young coders will learn how to think like a computer. Kids can even test their coding knowledge with written quizzes at the end of each section and a glossary at the back of the book.
Supporting STEM education initiatives, computer coding teaches kids how to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically, and is quickly becoming a necessary and sought-after skill. DK's computer coding books are full of fun exercises with step-by-step guidance, making them the perfect introductory tools for building vital skills in computer programming.
Love coding? Make your passion your profession with this comprehensive guide that reveals a whole host of careers working with code.Behind the screen of your phone, tablet, computer, or game console lies a secret language that allows it all to work. Computer code has become as integral to our daily lives as reading and writing, even if you didn't know it Now it's time to plug in and start creating the same technology you're using every day. Covering everything from navigating the maze of computer languages to writing code for games to cyber security and artificial intelligence, So, You Want to Be a Coder? debugs the secrets behind a career in the diverse and state-of-the-art industry. In addition to tips and interviews from industry professionals, So, You Want to Be a Coder? includes inspiring stories from kids who are working with code right now, plus activities, a glossary, and helpful resources to put you on the path to a fun and rewarding career with computer code today
A cool coding book--just for kids
When your kid is ready to add coding to their creativity toolbox but you're not ready to ship them off to coding camp, Getting Started with Coding is here to help them get started with the basics of coding. It walks young readers through fun projects that were tested in the classroom. Each project has an end-goal to instill confidence and a sense of achievement in young coders.
Steering clear of jargon and confusing terminology, Getting Started with Coding is written in a language your child can understand. Plus, the full-color design is heavy on eye-catching graphics and the format is focused on the steps to completing a project, making it approachable for any youngster with an interest in exploring the wonderful world of coding. So why send your kid to a camp when they can become a coding champ--right in the comfort of your living room?
- Introduces the basics of coding to create a drawing tool
- Teaches how to create graphics and apply code to make them do things
- Shows how to make things that respond to motion and collision commands
- Introduces score-keeping and timing into coding
If your child is a burgeoning techy with a desire to learn coding, Getting Started with Coding is the perfect place to start.
Ever wondered how to make a computer follow instructions? If so, then it is time to get codingA Beginner's Guide to Coding is an easy-to-follow guide to the basics of coding, using the free programming languages of Scratch and Python. These step-by-step projects will have young coders talking to their own chatbots or making their own computer games in no time. Accessible, engaging, and fun, this book is bursting with eye-catching illustrations and fantastic projects to introduce aspiring young programmers to the world of coding.