101 WORLD WHISKIES TO TRY BEFORE YOU DIE is the companion guide to 2010's 101 WHISKIES TO TRY BEFORE YOU DIE. Ian Buxton again eschews the obvious whiskies and recommends another 101 whiskies that he believes every whisky lover should taste.
In Ian Buxton's new collection of whisky recommendations he has cast his net wider. He includes not only whiskies from the established whisky-producing countries, but also many newcomers. The book includes whiskies from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, the Czech Republic, England, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, India, Ireland, Japan, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, USA and Wales.
All the whiskies included are both affordable and accessible. Ian Buxton does not believe in collecting whiskies or investing in whisky. He believes in tasting and enjoying the huge range of whiskies that are available. The book includes single malts and blends - and provocatively a few renegade suggestions that are bound to offend purists.
Cocktails aren't just for fancy nights out and snobby home mixologists. In Good Things to Drink with Mr Lyan and Friends, Mr Lyan (the man behind the award-winning White Lyan and Dandelyan bars in London) shows you how 60 innovative and exciting cocktails can be part of your get togethers, romantic evenings, or post-workday ritual.
Easy to make and beautifully photographed, the cocktails cover every mood and occasion, from sunny day drinks and winter warmers, to Friday night cocktails and morning revivers. Mr Lyan perfects classics like the Old Fashioned and the Manhattan, and experiments with new, intriguing combinations, and exciting ingredients.
When the days grow longer and the air gets crisp, it's time to gather with friends for drinks that'll put a rosy glow on your cheeks. In Winter Cocktails, Mar a del Mar Sacasa and Tara Striano share more than 100 seasonal recipes for cold-weather cocktails, like Hot Buttered Rum, English Christmas Punch, Pumpkin-Bourbon Eggnog, Irish Coffee, Coquito, Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, the Old-Fashioned (and the New-Fangled ), Mama's Remedy, and the Kentucky Baby.Detailed, in-depth chapters cover hot toddies, mulled wines, and mulled ciders; spiked hot chocolates, eggnogs, coffees, and teas; punches and pitchers for serving a crowd; and chilled winter cocktails that have a magical warming effect. Foolproof recipes for infused liquors, simple syrups, and from-scratch ingredients like Fresh Tomato Juice and Homemade Sour Mix make it easy to craft drinks from the bottom up. Plus, you'll find ideas for elegant cocktail party bites that make pairing drinks and snacks a snap. Party prep is a breeze thanks to guides to pantry and fridge basics, the well-stocked bar, must-have tools, serveware, and glassware, plus tips for sourcing local and hard-to-find ingredients. Beautiful and instructive step-by-step photos explain essential techniques like muddling, prepping garnishes, making ice molds, and opening champagne. Whether you're throwing a party, lounging at a ski lodge, camping on a mountain, or just curling up with a good book on a blustery night, Winter Cocktails is sure to make the season bright.
Whisky is one of the world's most revered spirits, with connoisseurs spending a great deal of money and time on the appreciation of rare expressions and limited edition bottles. In addition, many whisky connoisseurs travel direct to the source to see and experience the world's best distilleries at first hand.
Since the publication of the first edition in 2010, many changes have occurred in the world of whisky which are fully explored in this completely new edition. Over 200 of the 750 whiskies are updated, along with over 20 of the 38 features to reflect the 'new world of whisky', from the growing US single malt craft distillery movement (including Balcones in Texas), Japan (Yoichi), Taiwan (Kavalan), India (Paul John), Australia (Overeem), France (Warengem) and Sweden (Mackmyra, Spirit of Hven).
Aimed at beginners as well as connoisseurs, the book encompasses everything you need to know to increase your appreciation of this complex and fascinating spirit. Iconic distilleries such as Lagavulin, Highland Park and Glenrothes in Scotland are fully explored alongside the bourbon innovators of Kentucky such as Woodford Reserve and Maker's Mark. From global brands to tiny craft distillers, this book offers a comprehensive overview of the best dram the world over.
We have delved into the depths of the Pool of Tears in search of the most magical ingredients and sumptuous flavors, and after some sage advice from a helpful caterpillar, have compiled a list of recipes that would be regularly enjoyed by the inhabitants of Wonderland.
Drink Me includes concoctions for every palate and occasion, no matter your drinking predilection. Perfect pre-dinner aperitifs are in abundance, including The Queen of Hearts, a sweet, refreshing drink with bitter undertones, and Painting The Roses Red, a bubbly highball of sharp raspberry and gin flavors, softened with a hint of rose water.
We explore the hallucinogenic properties of Absinthe in our ode to the unknown, The Mushroom, a strong mix of aniseed, rose, and complex herbal flavors, while we reminisce over the taste of our childhood with drinks such as Bread and Butterfly Pudding and the Unbirthday Cake Martini. The Duchesses Soup is a refined take on the punch bowl, while we make a refreshing palate cleanser in the form of The Caucus Chaser, a sticky plum and chestnut sharpener low enough in alcohol that you can greedily gulp it without even a hint of regret.
Drink Me includes everything you need to know for throwing your own Alice in Wonderland-themed cocktail party, including cocktail party advice and techniques for mixing and decorating your drinks.
Put on your Cheshire grin and get ready to head down the rabbit hole with your copy of Drink Me in hand.
"Learn the template, and any cocktail you can think of is within reach."--Food & Wine "Too bad all college textbooks weren't this much fun."--Garden & Gun "A must for amateur and pro mixologists alike."--Chicago Tribune "If Dora the Explorer turned twenty-one, split herself into three people, and decided to write the Magna Carta of booze books, this would be the result. And, unlike every other book you'll read this year, Cocktail Codex is packed with actual knowledge you can use in the real world. Please, please, can Cinema Codex be next?"--Steven Soderbergh, filmmaker
The Home Distiller's Guide to Spirits brings artisanal alcohol out of its dark moonshine past into its exciting present. This comprehensive guide to the home still is an ideal introduction for beginners and a practical resource for producing distillers. With more than 50 original recipes, it features easy-to-follow advice and step-by-step photography and direction on bottling, canning, and cultures.
- Brief history of moonshine, how it was developed and why
- Overview of the techniques and distilling terms
- Description of equipment needed and how to source it
- A guide to the different stills available and their uses
- List of materials and how to find them, and how to obtain a license
- Step-by-step guide to make basic alcohol with an easy first recipe
- Description of the types of alcohol that can be distilled at home
- Profiles of individual distillers and list of suppliers and resources
- Troubleshooting and safety.
The Home Distiller's Guide to Spirits covers the five categories of home-distilled spirits:
- Vodka, the easiest to start with -- How to make, store and favor
- Whisky -- Creating the perfect mash; aging whisky
- Rum -- Choosing ingredients, bottling and storing
- Gin -- Botanicals; compounding and storing
- Flavored and fruit-based: Choosing favor combinations, plus recipes.
The Home Distiller's Guide to Spirits is an ideal resource for anyone dreaming of home distilling, or planning to enter the business.
- Includes helpful tips on keeping a well-stocked bar
- Features advice on garnishing drinks and throwing a party
- Helps readers build on their go-to cocktail order and discover new favorites Cocktails with a Twist is a highly accessible and bold book for cocktail enthusiasts who want to experiment with new flavors and sharpen their bartending skills. Expand your palate and discover new favorite drinks with this inventive cocktail book. - A great gift for Mother's or Father's Day, a 21st birthday, a housewarming party, or a stocking stuffer
- Features a gorgeous foil cover, making it perfect to display on a home bar or bar cart
- Great for those who loved The Ultimate Cocktail Book: Modern and Classic Cocktail Recipes incl. Vodka, Whiskey, Gin and More by Edward Bailey Smith, I'm Just Here for the Drinks: A Guide to Spirits, Drinking and More Than 100 Extraordinary Cocktails by Sother Teague and The Art of Mixology: Classic Cocktails and Curious Concoctions by Kim Davies