A guide to the latest research in oxygen therapies and their use on the path to optimum health- Presents new clinical advancements and scientific findings from Cuba, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, and the United States - Explores the effectiveness of oxidative therapies for treating many conditions, including heart disease, cancer, HIV, hepatitis, diabetes, MS, macular degeneration, herniated discs, arthritis, Alzheimer's, Crohn's, candida, emphysema, and eczema - Includes new research on oxidative therapies in veterinary medicine and dentistry, including its success in treating cavities and preventing infection Scientists now agree that most disease states are caused by oxygen starvation at a cellular level. Polluted air, devitalized foods, and poor breathing habits can all lead to chronic oxygen deficiency, a bodily environment in which toxins thrive as the overall immune response is weakened. Through oxidative therapies--the medical use of ozone (O3) or hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)--we can assist the body in generating the oxygen needed to oxidate viruses and bacteria as well as weak and sick tissue cells, so stronger and healthier cells can take their place. Presenting the latest advancements and clinical findings from Cuba, Italy, Spain, China, Russia, and the United States, as well as recommendations from the International Scientific Committee of Ozone Therapy (ISCO3), Nathaniel Altman explores the effectiveness of oxidative therapies for treating a wide range of conditions, including heart disease, herpes, HIV, diabetes, candida, tonsillitis, macular degeneration, herniated discs, burns, and arthritis. He shows how Cuban and Russian physicians have been successfully treating patients with heart disease with ozone therapy for decades and explains how ozone interacts with cells when introduced into the bloodstream, stimulating the body's own ability to fight cancer, osteoporosis, and hepatitis. He investigates promising new studies on the use of ozone and hydrogen peroxide therapies to treat Alzheimer's, Crohn's, multiple sclerosis, emphysema, eczema, and sepsis and the potential for these therapies to successfully treat new diseases such as Ebola and Zika. The author also explores the expanding use of oxidative therapies in veterinary medicine and dentistry, including their success in treating cavities and preventing infection. Providing a detailed resource section, he explains how to combine oxidative therapies with holistic methods, such as fasting, detox therapies, herbal medicine, and nutritional healing, for a stronger start on the path to optimum health.
Studies confirm what avid journalers have always known: that writing about difficult experience helps the writer move forward. Many self-help books recommend journaling as a way to express emotions and explore past hurts -- as well as to simply get organized, make plans, and set goals -- yet few of the books offer advice in how to do it. In Journalution, Sandy Grason combines the writing guidance of Julia Cameron with the emotional nurturing of Shakti Gawain. With chapters including "Completing Your Incompletions," "Masterminding Your Destiny," and "Communicating with a Higher Power," the book balances basic instruction in the art of journaling with intimate entries from the author and her workshop participants. Activities, such as keeping a dream log and timed stream-of-consciousness writing exercises, follow each chapter. Throughout, Grason offers guidelines and prompts, encouraging readers to pick up the pen and journal their way to greater self-awareness.
- A comprehensive and easy-to-read guide to healing with energy medicines that helps you to identify your ailment and to choose the therapy that will best promote healing.- A medical doctor with training in homeopathy, reflexology, and massage explores the multitude of therapies that use "energy" to heal common ailments. - Covers over 50 energy therapies such as acupuncture, yoga, craniosacral therapy, massage, and many more. The concept of energy is millennia old, understood throughout the ages in Eastern cultures to mean a force of vitality and healing--a person's chi or prana. Only recently has this ancient understanding of body energy become eroded in the name of scientific progress and modern medicine. But as self-healing power increasingly is proven to work at the energetic rather than the material level, and as illnesses are more commonly diagnosed as the imbalance of body energy, the field of energy medicine has become the most sought-after alternative to traditional Western medicine. In The Complete Book of Energy Medicines, Dr. Helen Dziemidko supplies us with a comprehensive look at energy medicines. She combines a medical doctor's scientific viewpoint with an exhaustive knowledge of energy healing methods--from acupuncture and yoga to Bach Flower therapy and homeopathy. With clear, accessible explanations, she guides the reader through over 50 complementary therapies and the 20 most common chronic ailments for which they are appropriate treatments. Easy-to-follow color flowcharts help readers identify their ailments and the possible causes, then show which energy medicines provide the best path toward healing.
Since ancient times dolphins have been known to uplift and inspire human beings through empathetic interaction. Cochrane and Callen review the myths, legends, and history of dolphins as well as current research, showing how close contact with these graceful mammals can trigger our inherent healing powers. In a rich and detailed study of dolphins, the authors explore the animals' life cycle, behavioral patterns, and methods of communication. They also give careful consideration to the well-being of the dolphins themselves, emphasizing that human/dolphin encounters should, whenever possible, occur in the animals' natural habitat and on their own terms.
The authors describe recent case studies confirming that such contact can enhance the learning abilities of the mentally handicapped, bring relief to the emotionally disturbed, and encourage recovery from life-threatening illness.
Thirty-two color photographs capture the exhilaration of swimming and interacting with dolphins.
A major advancement in the scientific use of flower essences.- Lists 200 clinically proven combinations of Bach Flower essences for treating specific conditions. - Targets the source of problems, not their outer manifestations. Each of us has a unique psychic structure that affects our emotions, thoughts, and actions. We can develop harmoniously or have unbalanced reactions that can cause illness and psychosomatic conditions. The strength of Bach Flower therapy lies in its ability to treat these pathologies, restore balance, and free us from the physical manifestations of problems that are often psychic and emotional in origin. An indispensable addition to existing Bach Flower works, Advanced Bach Flower Therapy contains three significant new features that are essential for reliable diagnosis and treatment, and make practical use much easier: - A new comprehensive, psychologically sensitive explanation for each individual remedy - A detailed description of more than 200 proven combinations that target the source of the problem rather than simply addressing its symptoms - A comprehensive repertory of symptoms and illnesses with extensive advice and suggestions for treatment User-friendly and scientifically rigorous, Advanced Bach Flower Therapy is the most important tool yet for anyone wishing to develop a deeper understanding of the benefits of floral essences.
More than a decade ago, the U.S. government lifted its ban on all testing of psychedelic substances. Winkelman and Sessa now provide updated scientific research and applications of these substances, now moving into approved categories of medicine. The text is an up-to-date assessment of the latest advances in the field of psychedelic medicine, covering the use of LSD, psilocybin, MDMA, ayahuasca, and other substances to augment psychotherapies for a range of disorders. It discusses medical and psychiatric concerns, clinical efficacy and safety, ethical considerations, and neuroscience findings regarding the psychedelic compounds.
Topics covered include an overview of psychiatric applications of psychedelics; treatments for addictions and depressive disorders; effects of psychedelics on inflammation and neuroplasticity; evidence for clinical applications of DMT, ayahuasca, and cannabidiol; psychedelic treatment of sociopathic disorders; microdosing psychedelics; training psychedelic therapists; and community-based harm reduction approaches to managing psychedelic crises.
A concise summary of vital information on drug targets and current therapy regimes for all of the major viral infections. The book brings together in a single volume aspects of antiviral therapy from diverse areas of research and practice, providing up-to-date coverage of recent developments. Starting from an overview of the history of antiviral chemotherapy, the book goes on to describe the development of drugs against HIV, herpesvirus, respiratory viruses, papillomaviruses and hepatitis virus infections. The drugs currently available are reviewed and possible therapies and drug targets for future prophylactic and therapeutic use are discussed.
With a focus on practical applications of biophysical techniques, this book links fundamental biophysics to the process of biopharmaceutical development.
- Helps formulation and analytical scientists in pharma and biotech better understand and use biophysical methods
- Chapters organized according to the sequential nature of the drug development process
- Helps formulation, analytical, and bioanalytical scientists in pharma and biotech better understand and usestrengths and limitations of biophysical methods
- Explains how to use biophysical methods, the information obtained, and what needs to be presented in a regulatory filing, assess impact on quality and immunogenicity
- With a focus on practical applications of biophysical techniques, this book links fundamental biophysics to the process of biopharmaceutical development.
- The first book to fully explore the extraordinary effectiveness of black cumin against immune-system disorders, allergies, asthma, and skin problems.- Written by the world's foremost experts on black cumin. - Includes precise directions for preparation and specific recipes for treating a variety of ailments. The extraordinary healing powers of black cumin have been known for centuries in the Middle East where the Prophet Mohammed himself declared: "Black cumin heals every disease except for death." It enjoyed wide use in ancient Egypt as a digestive aid and as an effective medicine for colds, headaches, toothaches, and infections. Because of its complex chemical structure--it has over one hundred active ingredients--black cumin has positive effects on the respiratory, immune, circulatory, digestive, and urinary systems. It is enormously effective against asthma, stomach ailments, and numerous skin conditions, ranging from acne to psoriasis. It also has been the subject of intensive scientific research indicating that it strengthens and stabilizes the immune system and is greatly beneficial in the treatment of allergies. It has even been found to be beneficial in the treatment of impotence when the causes are primarily physiological. This book will serve as an invaluable resource for anyone interested in the healing properties of this incredible plant. It contains everything you need to know in order to use black cumin for the prevention and treatment of illness, including specific recipes for infections and allergies, and precise directions for their preparation. The authors even provide a section on the use of black cumin as a beauty aid and as a culinary staple.
Offering broad coverage of the basic, clinical and curative aspects of photomedicine, this reference reflects the expansion of knowledge on the effects of light on normal skin as well as photosensitivity disorders and the use of light in treating various diseases and conditions.