Who isn't fascinated by the sheer size of the universe? Stars offers a straightforward guide to what we know and how we know it--from the Big Bang to star nurseries andto the beginnings of life on planet Earth. Find out why you can't draw a diagram of the solar system to scale, discover how gravity holds our planet together, and learn why we're all made of stardust.Included inside:
- season-by-season guide to stargazing
- double-sided star chart covering the northern and southern hemispheres
- pull-out activities, including Test Your Eyesight cards and a "What do you weigh on other planets?" spinning wheel, plus four sheets of stickers
* Pick the best materials for your child's age and learn to make your very own
* Prepare art activities to ease children through transitions, engage the most energetic of kids, entertain small groups, and more
* Encourage artful living through everyday activities
* Foster a love of creativity in your family
Balance your chakras, enhance health and prosperity, and connect with the gods and goddesses through meditative coloring- Contains 42 illustrations by Indian artist and spiritual teacher Harish Johari - Includes chakra imagery to balance your energy body; power yantras to enhance health, prosperity, peace, and love; and illustrations of Hindu gods and goddesses such as Ganesh and Hanuman to remove obstacles and open your heart - Provides meditative statements facing each piece to help focus your intent while coloring Combining authentic Indian art and profound spiritual insight, the Spiritual Traditions of India Coloring Book pairs line illustrations from accomplished traditional Hindu artist and spiritual teacher Harish Johari with meditative statements from his bestselling books. Focusing your mind on the accompanying mantras while you color supports profound relaxation and clarity of thought and allows the spiritual realizations of the mantras to penetrate deeply into your psyche. Containing 42 coloring illustrations, the book includes chakra imagery, power yantras, planets, and scenes of Hindu gods and goddesses, such as Ganesh, Hanuman, Shiva, and Parvati. Coloring the chakras enables you to visualize the energy centers in your own body, enhancing your ability to open the chakras and balance your flow of energy. Coloring the power yantras allows you to align your mind and spirit with the energies of good health, tolerance, prosperity, peace, and love, attracting these virtues to your life. Coloring the planets, gods, and goddesses allows you to connect with these powerful entities, inviting their help and influence in your life. Conveying the timeless wisdom of an ancient lineage passed down from teacher to student for thousands of years, Johari's words and art reveal the tantric virtues of each yantra, chakra, mudra, celestial body, and deity, such as how Ganesh is the remover of obstacles and how Hanuman enables you to open your heart and experience the unconditional love for your friends, family, and loved ones. The meditative act of coloring these classical Indian images also kindles an appreciation for the sacred geometry embodied within these works of art and their transformative effects on consciousness.
- Visualization games that encourage kindness and focus
- Analytical games that cultivate clear thinking
- Awareness games for sensory awareness, self-regulating emotions, and gaining insight into ourselves, others, and relationships Even though the games are designed for kids, they can be just as fun and transformative for adults. Greenland encourages parents and caregivers to develop their own Attention, Balance, and Compassion and to explore the universal concepts that she presents. Our own mindfulness has a powerful effect on everyone in our lives--especially our children.
After the huge successes of Rubber Band Engineer and Duct Tape Engineer, we finally take away the boundaries of a single category and let author Lance Akiyama create twenty devious weapons of backyard warfare.
Each of these launchers are made from PVC, soda bottles, rubber bands, hairspray cans, and anything you might find in the junk drawer, and are capable of firing marshmallows, poker chips, tennis balls, sponges, and plenty more.
This book is written for adults, but kids and teens can get in on the fun, too. Projects range from simple shooters to be built by novice crafters, to the more complicated Slide Action Rubber Band Gun, A Wrist-Mounted Crossbow, and even a Desk Drawer Booby Trap.
Brilliant mandalas based on the symbols and sacred geometry of Europe
Inspired by the great architectural details of the Mediterranean region, these 60+ illustrations have been designed specifically to help you relax and meditate. Jean-Louis de Biasi--a master practitioner of magical arts and a Freemason initiated to the highest degrees--based these breathtaking mandalas on the mystical mosaics and bas-relief sculptures of Roman and European artisans. This book also includes brief meditative techniques and instructions to help you deepen the spiritual impact of your coloring practice.