- Essential for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike, Plenty features more than 120 recipes organized by ingredient.
- One of the most exciting talents in the cooking world, Yotam Ottolenghi's food inspiration comes from his Cordon Bleu training, Mediterranean background, and his unapologetic love of ingredients. His approach to vegetable dishes is wholly original and innovative, based on freshness and seasonality, and drawn from the diverse food cultures represented in London.
- An indispensable cookbook for every home library with a spotlight on vegetarian restaurant-caliber recipes that every home cook can make.
- Mouthwatering recipes include Jerusalem artichokes with manouri and basil oil, caramelized garlic tart, mushroom ragout with poached duck egg, zucchini and hazelnut salad, shakshuka, broccolini and sweet sesame salad, soba noodles with eggplant and mango, quinoa and grilled sourdough salad, chard cakes with sorrel sauce, asparagus mimosa, fava bean burgers, spiced red lentils with cucumber yogurt, farro and roasted pepper salad, sweet corn polenta, pear crostini, and more.
- Small Plates to Mix and Match: Smashed Chickpea, Basil, and Radish Dip with Pita Chips; Roasted Baby Potatoes with Romesco Sauce; Stuffed Marinated Hot Red Chili Peppers; Grilled Polenta with Balsamic Mushrooms
- Stovetop Suppers: Frittata with Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Herbs; Spring Vegetable Ragout; Farro Risotto with Wild Mushrooms; Southwestern Hash
- Soups, Stews, and Chili: Tomato Soup with Poached Eggs; Bean Chili; White Cheddar Corn Chowder; Chickpea Curry with Roasted Cauliflower and Tomatoes
- Casseroles and other Baked Dishes: Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Shells; Italian Baked Eggplant with Seitan; Black-Bean Tortilla Casserole; Apple, Leek, and Squash Gratin
- Substantial Salads Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts; Avocado, Beet, and Orange Salad; Arugula, Potato, and Green Bean Salad with Creamy Walnut Dressing; Roasted-Tomato Tabbouleh
- Sandwiches, Burgers, and Pizzas: Quinoa Veggie Burgers; Grilled Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza; Chipotle Avocado Sandwich; Portobello and Zucchini Tacos
- Pasta and Other Noodles: Fettuccine with Parsley-Walnut Pesto; Roasted Cauliflower with Pasta and Lemon Zest; Soba and Tofu in Ginger Broth; No-Bake Lasagna with Ricotta and Tomatoes
- Simple Side Dishes: Mexican Creamed Corn; Cabbage and Green Apple Slaw; Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Mustard Seeds; Baked Polenta "Fries"
- Insights from the luminaries behind the film--Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, The Engine 2 Diet author Rip Esselstyn, and many others
- Success stories from converts to plant-based eating--like San'Dera Prude, who no longer needs to medicate her diabetes, has lost weight, and feels great
- The many benefits of a whole-foods, plant-based diet--for you, for animals and the environment, and for our future
- A helpful primer on crafting a healthy diet rich in unprocessed fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains, including tips on transitioning and essential kitchen tools
- 125 recipes from 25 champions of plant-based dining--from Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins and Sunny Orange Yam Bisque to Garlic Rosemary Polenta and Raspberry-Pear Crisp--delicious, healthy, and for every meal, every day.
This is not your mother's low-fat cookbook. It has no foolish tricks, no bizarre concoctions, no chemicals, no frozen meals...no fake anything Appetite for Reduction means cooking with real food, for real life. (Skimpy portions need not apply.) In Appetite for Reduction, bestselling author and vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz shares 125 delectable, nutritionally-balanced recipes for the foods you crave--lasagna, tacos, barbecue, curries, stews, and much more--that's all:
- Only 200 to 400 calories per serving
- Plant-based and packed with nutrients
- Low in saturated fat and sugar; high in fiber
- Drop-dead delicious
You'll also find lots of gluten-free and soy-free options. The best part? Dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. So ditch those diet shakes. Skip that lemonade cleanse. And fight for your right to eat something satisfying Now you can look better, feel better, and have more energy while eating the food (and portions) you deserve.
From the author of Vegan Soul Kitchen ingredients that inspire, unique recipes, and menus for everyday feasts. Marking his 10-year anniversary working to create a healthy, just, and sustainable food system, Bryant Terry offers more than just a collection of recipes. In the spirit of jazz jam sessions and hip hop ciphers, The Inspired Vegan presents a collage of food, storytelling, music, and art. Bryant shares his favorite preparation / cooking techniques and simple recipes--basics to help strengthen your foundation for home cooking and equip you with tools for culinary improvisation and kitchen creativity. He also invites you to his table to enjoy seasonal menus inspired by family memories, social movements, unsung radical heroes, and visions for the future. Ultimately, The Inspired Vegan will help you become proficient in creating satisfying meals that use whole, fresh, seasonal ingredients and are nutritionally balanced--and full of surprising, mouthwatering flavor combinations.