What could be sweeter than a life with friendship and food at its center? For B atrice Peltre, author of the award-winning blog LaTartineGourmande.com, to cook is to delight in the best of what life has to offer--the people and places we love. Welcome to a world where flavors are collected as souvenirs and shared as heirlooms, and where the dishes we create are expressions of our joie de vivre.With nearly 100 recipes and charming anecdotes, La Tartine Gourmande takes you on a journey, not only through the meals of the day but around the world, as B a revisits her inspiration for each dish. Though her style is largely inspired by her native France, you'll find a wide array of influences as she brings creative twists to classic recipes--all while remaining effortlessly healthful and balanced. The gluten-free recipes use whole grains like quinoa, millet, buckwheat, and nut flours, lending surprising depth of flavor and nutrients, even to desserts. You'll taste the best of her adventures abroad from Denmark to New Zealand, her childhood in the French countryside, and the simple wholesomeness of her charmed life at home in Boston. Your mouth will water as B a recalls the oeufs en cocotte ("baked eggs") that she ate as a child after collecting fresh eggs from her grandmother's hen house. Her recipe for this classic dish now includes leeks, spinach, smoked salmon, and cumin. Or try the buttermilk, lemon, and poppyseed pancakes she made every morning in Crete when she was pregnant--they're now her little daughter Lulu's favorite. Warm up with a bowl of celeriac, white sweet potato, and apple soup, a dish inspired by a chilly day of horseback riding in New Zealand. You'll love sharing the saffron-flavored crab and watercress souffl , a delicious homage to one of her mother's best-loved Christmas traditions. And since most would agree that "a meal without dessert is like wearing only one shoe," try the apple, rhubarb, and strawberry nutty crumble, served with vanilla-flavored custard, just the way her husband's Irish grandfather preferred. Lush styling and photography combined with sweet stories, foodie tidbits, and fresh and original recipes make La Tartine Gourmande perfect for those who love food and the way our lives play around it. This is not just a book about cooking, but a warm invitation to share in the beauty and simple pleasures of a life with food at the heart of it.
Living gluten-free is not a whole lot of fun, but at least April has managed to make it funny. Gluten Is My Bitch is a brutally honest, entertaining look at what living a gluten-free life entails. As an antidote to the tragic news that, no, you will never eat regular donuts again, April provides 40 gluten-free comfort food recipes and a bonus 20 new recipes in the paperback edition that will make even the most frustrated gluten-intolerant smile with relief. In the new paperback, April addresses the challenges of sustaining a gluten-free lifestyle once you've transitioned from the gluten-filled world. With updated resources and brand-new recipes for everyday meals, the paperback offers a complete look at living gluten-free for life.
- Snacks, Soups, and Salads for nutritional pick-me-ups, like the antioxidant all-star Dining al Desko Beet Salad and the protein-rich Superman's Salad;
- Satisfying suppers, such as Chocolate Chili con Carne with Coconut Yogurt; Simple Salmon with Asparagus Soldiers and Whipped Green Tea; and Pumpkin Falafel;
- Tasty treats that are extra satisfying, such as Goji Berry Halva, Raw Cacao Nib Toffee, and Ice Green Tea with Manuka Honey Cubes. Whether you are a newcomer to whole food living, a busy mom trying to find healthy snacks and meals, or just looking for new healthy inspiration, give yourself a high-five for deciding to dive into these recipes.
- First: Restrict FODMAPs (certain poorly absorbed carbs) to discover a new baseline of health.
- Next: Slowly reintroduce them, step-by-step, to learn which FODMAPs are tolerable, and in what amounts.
- The Result: A custom-made eating plan with delicious food that will make you happy and healthier
With menu plans for adults, kids, vegetarians and vegans, anyone can do it. Dr. Shepherd also delivers a guide to shopping and how to approach food labels, travel information and tips for eating out, and over 80 crave-worthy recipes. Stop guessing what foods cause distress and start living symptom-free today With 80 gut-friendly recipes full of flavor and low in FODMAPs
Breakfast: Pecan and Cinnamon Carrot Muffins
Light Meals: Roasted Squash and Ginger Soup
Main Meals: Moroccan Lamb with Lemon Spinach
Vegetarian: Four-Cheese Risotto
For Kids: Chicken Drumsticks; Lasagne
Desserts: Chili Chocolate Cheesecake
Millions of Americans concerned about adverse reactions to food are seeking the advice of medical professionals and receiving a diagnosis of food allergies. Allergic Girl Sloane Miller, a leading authority on food allergies, has been allergic since childhood. She now lives a full, enjoyable life full of dining out, dating, attending work functions, and traveling. With tested strategies and practical solutions to everyday food allergy concerns, Allergic Girl shows how readers can enjoy their lives too. Informed by personal narratives laced with humor and valuable insights, Allergic Girl is a breakthrough lifestyle guide for food-allergic adults, their families, and loved ones. In Allergic Girl, you will discover:
- How to find the best allergist and get a correct diagnosis
- How to create positive relationships with family, friends, and food
- How to build a safe environment wherever you are
- Real-world scenarios scripted from the author's life as well her work with clients and other leaders in the field
Enjoy your food-allergic life to the fullest. Let Allergic Girl show you how.
"The Allergy Solution is a game changer." -- David Perlmutter, M.D., #1 New York Times best-selling author of Grain Brain An epidemic of allergies is spreading around the world. One billion people suffer from allergic diseases such as asthma, hay fever, eczema, and food allergies. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. In this eye-opening book, award-winning integrated-medicine expert Leo Galland, M.D., reveals the shocking rise of hidden allergies that lead to weight gain, fatigue, brain fog, depression, joint pain, headaches, ADHD, digestive problems, and much more. Astonishing new research shows how each of these is linked to the immune imbalance that is at the root of allergy. A brilliant clinician, Dr. Galland has unlocked the power of this breakthrough science to help thousands of patients who have struggled with mysterious symptoms answer the question: "Doctor, what's wrong with me?" In The Allergy Solution, he is joined by his son, Jonathan Galland, J.D., a passionate health writer and environmental advocate, in exposing the truth that just as the earth's environment is out of balance, our bodies are out of balance. The modern world, with pollution, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, and excessive exposure to antibiotics, is fueling the rise in allergies.The Allergy Solution takes an in-depth look at how we can balance immunity through nutrition and lifestyle to reverse allergies without drugs. It offers an easy nutritional program, starting with a Three-Day Power Wash designed to "clear the tracks," to help us take back control. Do you suffer from asthma, eczema, or sinusitis? Are you sick of pain, fatigue, brain fog, weight gain, depression, anxiety, or wondering what is behind your mysterious symptoms? Let Dr. Galland's clinical experience and unique insights into cutting-edge science guide you back to health.
At Bob's Red Mill, we know that you can't rush quality. That's why we manufacture our products using time-honored techniques, like grinding whole grains at cool temperatures with a traditional stone mill. This production 'secret' allows us to seal in the freshness and bring you wholesome, quality foods, just as nature intended. -- from www.bobsredmill.com
Bob's Red Mill is the number one supplier of consumer whole grains in North America. Every day they go to great lengths to ensure the integrity of their products -- even building a separate gluten-free packaging division complete with specialized machinery to make sure that their products maintain their gluten-free purity.
The very best ingredients in the hands of the very best recipe developer is a winning combination. Camilla Saulsbury is an award-winning recipe developer and bestselling author who has created more than 281 recipes in this new book that showcase the health benefits of a gluten-free diet and result in immensely delicious, creative and satisfying dishes. These sublime recipes are proof positive that good taste and gluten-free options can be really tasty too:
- Pumpkin Waffles, Teff and Chia Crunch Clusters
- Soups, Stews and Chilis
- Chicken Stew with Herbed Dumplings, Quinoa and Corn Chowder
- Salads and Sides
- Lemony Chia and White Bean Salad, Supergreen Millet Salad
- Meat, Poultry and Fish
- Crispy Almond Baked Chicken Fingers, Ancient Grains Tuna Casserole, Fresh Taqueria Tacos
- Meatless Main Dishes
- Tempeh and Vegetable Fried Quinoa, Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- Banana Bread, Ancient Grain Tortillas, Coconut Flour Scones
- Strawberry Shortcake, Fudge Brownies, Triple Ginger Teff, Gingerbread, Lemon Tart.
Throughout the book there are a wealth of cooking and baking tips and techniques along with information on how to adapt favorite recipes into gluten-free versions.
- Football Sunday Turkey Chili
- Grandma's Healing Chicken Soup
- Leo's Italian Artichokes
- Nanny's Rhubarb Sauce
- YouTube Organic Gummy Candies, and more Learn not only to cook nutritiously for your whole family, but also to connect with your children, find their gifts and develop their strengths, impart life skills, and tie the family together with healthy food and happy guts. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We've been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.