A fact-filled, 240-page manual that covers every aspect of designing and planning a basement conversion/remodeling project. With more than 600 color photographs, this book goes into thorough detail on crucial subjects like moisture and climate control, egress, ventilation, lighting, and many other issues. It deals comprehensively with adapting home mechanical systems to basement conditions. The many featured projects include finishing a bathroom stub-out, installing an all-new basement bathroom, insulating, repairing foundation walls, installing sump pumps, dehumidification strategies, as well as many other projects designed for livability. A special focus new to this edition presents information and projects for aging in place, including home elevators and chair lifts, monitoring and communication systems, and creating an accessible basement apartment. You will also find projects that show how to upgrade with luxury amenities, including a fireplace, sauna, home spa, exercise room, basement club/lounge and more.
Blousy blooms, speckled branches, rich foliage, and delicate petals; nature has the power to inspire and energize, calm and soothe, focus and still. Anna has harnessed this magic with 26 tailor-made combinations of flowers to bring a floral boost to your home, no matter what your mood.
With easy-to-find seasonal blooms, found items such as twigs and dried fruit, and any assortment of containers, discover how simple it is to bring a little bit of nature's mystery into the everyday. Spanning all seasons and including both larger installations and smaller, simpler projects, there is something for anyone looking to play, experiment, and create atmosphere with flowers.
Get your daily flower fix with these and more inspiring arrangements:
- Inspire Playfulness is a spring arrangement to bring joy, featuring lilac, roses, ranunculus, poppy, narcissi, and forget-me-nots.
- Flowers for Gratitude is a mix of summer's bounty to inspire thankfulness, including garden rose, daucus, echinacea, and chocolate sunflower.
- Find Beauty in the Everyday is a colorful arrangement to bring a fresh perspective, featuring autumn foliage, hydrangea, dahlia, crab apple, and rosehip.
- The Shape of Self-Expression is a circular wreath design to express individuality, with holly, lamb's ear, yellow holly berries, twigs and dried seedheads, and ivy berries.
Be led by the flowers, foliage, stems, follow their shapes and form, feel their weight and heft to create versions of these gorgeous arrangements that are uniquely your own.
- Year after year Working, edited by Peter Zec, one of the best design experts in the world, visualizes products of leisure and relaxation- Focuses on design and lifestyle products from areas such as offices, heating and air conditioning, industry and crafts, life science and medicine, as well as computers and information technology.- Additionally, the design team of the year, as well as designer and jury portraits will be shownWorking 2018/2019 is the new design yearbook for connoisseurs and people who love the beautiful and good things in life. Around 500 pages of inspiring images and informative texts will guide you through the areas such as offices, heating and air conditioning, industry and crafts, life science and medicine, as well as computers and information technology. The yearbook also introduces you to the design team of the year as well as interesting features on the individual designers and jury members. Working 2018/2019 shows in an incomparably appealing manner how good design can impact on lifestyle. This makes it an inspiration for design professionals and students, but also for heads of purchasing, marketing strategists and anyone who is enthusiastic about ground-breaking product design and a special lifestyle. Text in English and German.
#1 New York Times Bestseller
In Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave, Joanna Gaines walks you through how to create a home that reflects the personalities and stories of the people who live there. Using examples from her own farmhouse as well as a range of other homes, this comprehensive guide will help you assess your priorities and instincts, as well as your likes and dislikes, with practical steps for navigating and embracing your authentic design style. Room by room, Homebody gives you an in-depth look at how these styles are implemented as well as how to blend the looks you're drawn to in order to create spaces that feel distinctly yours. A removable design template at the back of the book offers a step-by-step guide to planning and sketching out your own design plans. The insight shared in Homebody will instill in you the confidence to thoughtfully create spaces you never want to leave.
Ancient and global modern design come together in this down-to-earth workbook and guide for home interiors.
Fun with feng shui. The Five Elements of feng shui refer to an ancient Chinese system that brings the cycles and benefits of nature to your home interior. Part spiritual growth workbook and part treatise on the power of nature, Creating Luminous Spaces brings an energy boost to home interior design.
Nature's elements (of style). Discover which of nature's elements represents your energy. Should you enhance your home with natural light or a fish bowl? New organizational habits or tall, vertical lines? Featuring practical exercises, meditations, and real stories about clients and students, as you embark on this mind-body-spirit connection with your home, you'll find out how:
- Indoor lighting and lighting design can strengthen the fire element
- Organizational behavior is influenced by the metal element
- Space planning with plants nourishes the wood element
If you have read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Feng Shui that Makes Sense, or The Holistic Home, and are ready to create a home-life balance and incorporate feng shui into your life, then you'll love Creating Luminous Spaces.
From lifestyle and fashion icon Lauren Conrad--#1 New York Times bestselling author of Lauren Conrad Style and Lauren Conrad Beauty--comes her dazzling and essential guide to entertaining, filled with an inspiring array of lifestyle tips and personal stories and lavishly illustrated with dozens of color photographs throughout.
Now that Lauren Conrad has gotten everyone all dressed up and looking their most beautiful, she gives them somewhere to go in this must-have guide to entertaining. Showcasing the same approachable attitude and insight that have made her books smash bestsellers, Lauren Conrad Celebrate shows how easy it is to throw a fantastic party.
Filled with lush and inspiring original four-color photos and budget friendly tips, Lauren Conrad Celebrate offers advice about the basics to make planning any type of event a breeze, including suggestions for the perfect invitations, food, drinks, decorations, and gifts. Lauren shows how to put it all together for a diverse range of events that span the calendar, from a charming Baby shower to a festive holiday party. And she packs the book with creative full-color photos and stories from her own life, including her housewarming party, and her recent bridal shower and wedding.
Just as her trusted advice has inspired women to look and feel their best, now Lauren Conrad brings out the fabulous party-giver in all of us in this elegant, must-have guide.