With a foreword by designer Paul Smith and a history of bicycle design by Michael Zappe and Martin Strubreiter, this stunning selection presents some of the rarest and most beautiful bicycles from around the world. Grouped loosely according to type, the bikes range from mountain, racing, urban, single-speed, and tandems to kids', folding, touring, cargo, and curiosities. The selection includes classic racing bikes from the Tour de France, high-tech machines that employ the latest advances in materials science, and eccentric bikes designed for unusual uses.
This book is a cornucopia of all that bicycle design has to offer, the ultimate gift purchase for cycling and design enthusiasts everywhere.
Let's Experience Design reveals the thought and process behind design, illustrated through the work of ONG&ONG experience design studio. Their book enables readers to recognize design in everything they encounter, from supermarket queues to text-message emoji, cashier tallies to payment methods. We encounter design decisions all around us, often unaware of the thought, planning and understanding of human behavior that inform such seemingly aesthetic and sometimes prosaically practical creations.Too often we look at our surroundings passively, slipping into an unconscious value judgment to "like" or "dislike." Let's Experience Design conveys the process behind the spaces designed by ONG&ONG experience design studio, capturing the intrinsic qualities that prompt a visitor to remain in a building, store, or office for an extended period of time rather than just minutes. An indefinable quality envelops these places, all the direct result of deft design knowledge and application.
- Year after year Working, edited by Peter Zec, one of the best design experts in the world, visualizes products of leisure and relaxation- Focuses on design and lifestyle products from areas such as offices, heating and air conditioning, industry and crafts, life science and medicine, as well as computers and information technology.- Additionally, the design team of the year, as well as designer and jury portraits will be shownWorking 2018/2019 is the new design yearbook for connoisseurs and people who love the beautiful and good things in life. Around 500 pages of inspiring images and informative texts will guide you through the areas such as offices, heating and air conditioning, industry and crafts, life science and medicine, as well as computers and information technology. The yearbook also introduces you to the design team of the year as well as interesting features on the individual designers and jury members. Working 2018/2019 shows in an incomparably appealing manner how good design can impact on lifestyle. This makes it an inspiration for design professionals and students, but also for heads of purchasing, marketing strategists and anyone who is enthusiastic about ground-breaking product design and a special lifestyle. Text in English and German.
Become your own boss.
Make your first million.
Achieve financial freedom.
Lori Greiner shows you how. Invent It, Sell It, Bank It is a hands-on, nuts-and-bolts guide to getting a new product or company off the ground and making it profitable. Sharing her own secret formula and personal stories along the way, Lori provides vital information and advice on topics that can often intimidate, frustrate, and stump aspiring entrepreneurs. Offering behind-the-scenes insights into her experiences on ABC's Shark Tank and QVC-TV's Clever & Unique Creations by Lori Greiner, as well as valuable lessons learned from the mistakes and triumphs of her early career, Lori proves that, with hard work and the right idea, anyone can turn themselves into the next overnight success. Lori covers such topic as . . .
- Market research: Is your idea a hero or a zero? Don't be so fixated on the end result that you forget to make something that people actually want to buy.
- Product design: I have an idea, now what's next? From concept to prototype to final product: How do I make it and where do I start?
- Funding: Although loans, investments, and crowd-sourcing are great ways to access cash, first tap into your own resources as wisely as possible.
- Manufacturing: Seeing your final product roll off the assembly line is a magical moment, but there are things to watch out for so you get there in a cost-effective way.
- Protecting your idea: To patent or not to patent, and other things you can do to safeguard your idea.
- The secrets to selling successfully: You got the product made, now learn how to get people to buy it
-Year after year Doing, edited by Peter Zec, one of the best design experts in the world, showcases products from activity- and lifestyle-oriented areas -Focuses on design products from the garden, as well as those to do with leisure, sport and games, babies and children, fashion, lifestyle and accessories, watches and jewelry -Additionally, the design team of the year, as well as designer and jury portraits will be featured There are lots of ways to be active - and for each of those ways, there are design products to enhance your experience that little bit more. Doing 2017/2018 compiles the best design innovations and new design developments from the area of activity. In these roughly 400 pages, you can find award-winning products for your garden, leisure, sport and play, but also for children and babies. In addition the book will introduce you to fashion and lifestyle products with design value. The Doing 2017/2018 manual provides all those interested in design with a fascinating overview of current products and future innovations. As a result, this book is not only compulsory reading for designers, design students, marketing experts and product managers, but also an unparalleled pleasure for design enthusiasts. Text in English and German.
- Year after year Living, edited by Peter Zec, one of the best design experts in the world, combs the domestic sphere for innovation in design, whether it be in living rooms or bedrooms, kitchens, tableware or cooking utensils, lighting or lamps, interior design, or public spaces- A must-have for anyone looking to stay on top of the most current trends in the international product design- Additionally, the design team of the year, as well as designer and jury portraits will be presentedNowadays, your home is one of the most important places to retreat to, making it all the more important that you feel unconditionally at ease there. Luckily, well-conceived design can transform any space into a temple of well-being, regardless of its size. Whether it's DIY designs for tight living spaces, environmentally friendly design products for a responsible life, or tasteful solutions for public spaces: Living 2018/2019 will show you the most worthy international product designs in the areas of living rooms and bedrooms, household and kitchens, tableware and cooking utensils, lighting and lamps as well as interior design, urban design and public spaces. Text in English and German.
-Year after year Working, edited by Peter Zec, one of the best design experts in the world, presents products from work- and technology-oriented fields -Focuses on design products from offices, heating and air conditioning, industry and crafts, life science and medicine, as well as computers and information technology -Additionally, the design team of the year, as well as designer and jury portraits will be shown The products that have won the Red Dot earn themselves a place in the Working 2017/2018 yearbook. Together, they present a varied picture of the field of work and technology-based design. The innovation and design quality of the products presented here help to make work safer, more comfortable and more pleasant, showing new ways to harness the innovation potential of modern technology. In addition to the areas of office, industry and crafts, heating and air conditioning technology, life science and medicine as well as computers and information technology, the yearbook also includes the design team of the year besides in-depth features on the designers and jury members. For design professionals and lovers of design - Working 2017/2018 is not only an enrichment for designers and design students: It also gives product managers, heads of purchasing or marketing strategists an overview of culturally relevant product design, providing those interested in design with an insight into an exciting and vibrant industry. Text in English and German.
-This series is essential reading for anyone interested in brand management, product management, advertising, marketing or public relations -Contains a range of case studies, and expert insights from the American Brands Council America's Greatest Brands covers the history, innovations, recent developments, brand values, green initiatives, and achievements of the world's most admired companies. The book also features the expert insights and opinions of the American Brands Council - some of the most respected marketing and communications professionals in America. A special section of the book pays tribute to America's Great Classic Brands: brands that are over 100 years old and still going strong. Contents: Foreword, American Brands Council, Brand Case Studies, Brand Guardians, Index.
This inspiring book chronicles the most influential ideas that have shaped industrial and product design. Written by two experts on modern design, it provides a concise history of the subject, and offers a fascinating resource to dip into for the general reader.From the origins of modern design in the craft movements of the 19th and early 20th century, and the changes brought about by mass production, the book traces the most important ideas in design through the modern movement and post-war consumer society to more recent ideas such as Open-Source Design and Biomimicry.