- The various types of Tillandsia plants and their characteristics
- Growth cycles and preferred environments
- Air plant care and selection
- Propagating/dividing plants from cuttings
- Enjoying and displaying Tillandsia in all sorts of spaces
- Provides all your DIY ideas for styling and tips on how to plant- Inspiration for seasoned plant lovers as well as beginners, providing the total package on the topic of living with plantsUrban Jungle: Living and Styling with Plants is a source of inspiration, ideas and a manual for all of those who want to bring more plants into their home. The book guides the reader through different "green" homes in five European countries and shows how beautiful, unique, creative and even artistic living with plants can be. More than that the reader finds endless ideas for styling from the bloggers of the "Urban Jungle Bloggers" community. To complete the topic of indoor plants the book offers easy help for taking care of the plants and DIY tips.
- Plant Guide: profiles of popular indoor plants
- Plant Projects: fun, easy projects with major wow factor (including trending designs like terrariums, air plants, marimo and other underwater gardens, kokedama, mounted staghorn ferns, and edible herbs)
- Plant Style: ways to use plants in interior design for every style from Desert Boho to Midcentury Modern
A terrarium is nothing less than a miniature world--one that you can create yourself. It might be a tiny rainforest, with lush foliage and bright tropical flowers. Or a desert, with strange succulents planted among colorful stones. Or a Victorian fernery. Or a minimalist composition with a single, perfect plant.
Or it might not contain any plants at all. It might be made with crystals, feathers, bones, seashells, bits of wood, porcelain trinkets--anything that catches your fancy and helps create a mood or look. Whatever they contain, terrariums are the ultimate in modern, affordable, easy-care d cor.
Terrarium Craft features fifty original designs that you can re-create or use as inspiration for your own design. Each entry comes with clear step-by-step directions on how to assemble and care for your terrarium. You'll also find helpful information about selecting a container, using appropriate materials, choosing the right plants, and maintaining your terrarium. (Hint: It's easy In fact, many terrariums are self-sustaining, requiring no maintenance whatsoever )
Bring gorgeous greenery into your life with this delightful guide to decorating your living space with a wide variety of plants.
Using his own house as a studio, garden stylist Satoshi Kawamoto, founder of the Green Fingers garden design stores, guides you around each room in the home, demonstrating how to incorporate a variety of plant life seamlessly indoors. Making use of indoor plants, succulents, driftwood and dried, preserved or artificial flowers, he presents many different ways of styling for people who have limited space who lack the expertise required to grow their own plants
The beautifully illustrated examples enable you to easily transform every corner of your interior space, and also include decorations for occasional celebrations.
Terrariums are a vibrant, unique way to inject a little greenery into any home. In Tiny World Terrariums, authors Katy and Michelle of Brooklyn's celebrated Twig Terrariums offer step-by-step instructions for building your own, from selecting glass containers to layering soil and filtration to adding moss, succulents, and other plants. To give each terrarium a whimsical, personal touch, Katy and Michelle demonstrate how to use tiny figurines and toys to create to-scale scenes, such as a couple at their wedding, a CSI crime scene, and Central Park in springtime. Photos of gorgeous finished terrariums and detailed instructions will empower anyone--whether green-thumbed or not--to create their own Lilliputian worlds.Praise for Tiny World Terrariums "Terrariums have been popular with adults since Victorian times. But Katy Maslow and Michelle Inciarrano, authors of Tiny World Terrariums, make a case for younger enthusiasts too . . . Their enclosed gardens range from sophisticated to silly, with dinosaurs, unicorns and an array of other figurines telling enchanting stories in mossy tableaux. Their wonderful book provides detailed instructions to guide you through the process." --Chicago Tribune " The authors] provide all the information needed to create the five layers of a
terrarium . . . inspiration for readers who want to make their own mini world." --Better Homes & Gardens Country Gardens (Spring 2013 issue) "I've been reading my fair share of how-to books on terrariums] but I have a brand new favorite. Hands down . . . The tips on plant selection, preparation, and planting are the best I've seen (I learned a lot )." --Babble.com "The book provides all the necessary instructions to create successfully healthy terrariums . . . But illustrations are the real delight. They show all sorts of tiny world photos labeled with container types, plant names, and more so you can more easily create contained life exactly as you envision it." --Wired.com "If you love terrariums as much as we do, this is going to rock your world: Brooklyn-based Twig Terrariums will be selling a photographic collection of their finest miniature green gardens . . . with a step-by-step guide to creating tiny themed worlds that even the least green-thumbed person will be able to make and maintain." --Inhabitat.com
Adored for their charming shapes and colors, respected for their resilience and adaptability, and just plain fun to have around--succulents are the hottest home gardening trend today.A Beginner's Guide to Succulent Gardening is a friendly guide to popular succulents, walking novices through all the basics, like:
- Choosing your succulents--from Hens and Chicks (Echeveria) to bristly flowering cactus varieties
- Mixing the right soils for your succulents and preparing the growing environment
- Easy potting and transplanting techniques
- Succulent care--including watering, fertilizing and providing the right amount of sun for each variety
- Understanding peak periods as well as seasonal traits and needs, so you can have a beautiful succulent garden year-round
A savvy garden pro shares little-known money-saving secrets and tricks of the garden center trade that consumers need to know to get good deals.
This book proves that you don't need mega bucks to have a beautiful garden. The secret is having savvy garden pro Kerry Mendez by your side. In The Budget-Wise Gardener, Mendez gives the inside scoop on nailing the best deals and having it all: selecting plants that give you the most bang for your buck, timing your purchases to take advantage of deep discounts and giveaways, finding treasures at plant, bulb and seed swaps - and much more. Her chapters take you from "How to Score Great Plants for Less...or for Free " and "Design Secrets that Save Money" to "Regal Containers on a Dollar-Store Budget." With luscious color photos on nearly every page, this is an essential guide to creating the garden of your dreams without breaking the bank.