- Inspire Playfulness is a spring arrangement to bring joy, featuring lilac, roses, ranunculus, poppy, narcissi, and forget-me-nots.
- Flowers for Gratitude is a mix of summer's bounty to inspire thankfulness, including garden rose, daucus, echinacea, and chocolate sunflower.
- Find Beauty in the Everyday is a colorful arrangement to bring a fresh perspective, featuring autumn foliage, hydrangea, dahlia, crab apple, and rosehip.
- The Shape of Self-Expression is a circular wreath design to express individuality, with holly, lamb's ear, yellow holly berries, twigs and dried seedheads, and ivy berries.
Twenty-seven watercolor plates complement a gardening book in which the acclaimed novelist, poet, and biographer selects twenty-five of her favorite flowers and describes their appearance, origins, characteristics, and the best ways to grow them.
- This little book, beautifully illustrated with antique prints, tells the story of roses of all colours from the perspective of botany, history, literature, poetry and songs, among others - A charming gift book illustrating heirloom and modern roses, with botanical and historical information on each variety - Beautifully packaged - hardback, foam filled, with gilt edging Why don't scented roses last as long as scentless ones? Who has sung about roses? How do you make rose water? What does a white rose symbolise? Where does the Provins rose come from? What are the most beautiful rose gardens in France? Why do people give pink roses on Mother's Day? What is rose essential oil used for? When did the tradition of the rose queen begin? This compact, delightfully illustrated compendium of the history, lore, and meanings of roses has a page devoted to each flower, with information that combines the factual and the fascinating. In 79 vintage chromolithographs, it depicts both heirloom and modern varieties and describes how different kinds of roses have been used over the centuries in medicine, food, confectionary, and fragrance. This charming gift book answers questions about the language and symbolism of roses, and explains how they became closely associated with romance and romantic love.
How exquisite is exquisite? Photographer Christopher Baker and Willem Lemmers, one of the world's foremost tulip experts, set out to find the answers. The result is "Tulipa, " where, in 350 stunning full-color plates, perfection in nature meets perfection in art.
Each specimen was chosen for its importance as a superb example of the flower's form and characteristics, and each photograph, taken at the peak of the flower's beauty, becomes a stunning portrait. The "story" behind 500 tulips is told as well, from a tulip's parentage to the history of its cultivation and discovery.
Stunning floral creations from the Chief Floral Designer at The White House Laura Dowling served as Chief Floral Designer at the White House form 2009 until 2015. In this unique position, she managed d cor and flowers for thousands of White House events while using flowers as a strategic tool for communicating diplomatic, symbolic and policy messages. She is renowned for creating a new romantic style of flower arranging featuring free-flowing lines of vines and flowers emanating from a classical bouquet. This style is most evocative of nature and the garden, and balances a strong artistic vision with the wildness of nature. Under her leadership, Laura implemented floral artistry at the White House, designing bouquets of seasonal garden flowers in a style that is both modern and refined, yet casually elegant. She often presents her innovative arrangements in hand-made organic containers composed of leaves, branches and berries that are woven into patterns and motifs, creating integrated, cohesive displays that conjure both nature and the garden. Here, she describes her inspiration, provides tips and techniques on flower arranging and entertaining, and offers readers a fascinating behind-the-scenes glimpse into both official and private White House life.
Gary Kwok is the founder of Gary K Limited. Within the competitive floral arena of Hong Kong her brand is synonymous with excellence, superior craftsmanship, attention to detail and exquisite tailor-made design. With her exceptional success in floral art Gary Kwok has made a quick ascent towards leadership and has become the most applauded company in event decoration and weddings of prestige and elegance in Hong Kong. Whatever the client's wishes or the occasion Gary Kwok and her team deliver bespoke floral creations from the ordinary to the extraordinary. Sublime beauty expressed in the language of flowers. Gary's floral design demonstrates a new use of form, color and texture, which complement and integrate both the flowers and the vase, creating a clean and modern look. A style that also caught the attention of Mr Giorgio Armani who invited Gary Kwok to form a partnership, which resulted in the Armani Fiori HK brand in 2002. This book is an anthology of Gary Kwok's most impressive accomplishments in floral design.
- One of the country's leading wedding designers- Karen Tran Florals and Events is all about the creation of exquisite floral arrangements to enhance every kind of occasion. With her company based in Southern California, she enjoys the year-round sunshine and being able to immerse herself in the natural outdoors that she loves. She has a true passion for her art form and her clientele are fortunate to have her fantastic floral sculptures decorating their events. From weddings to dinner parties, to corporate affairs, Karen Tran's stylish designs add just the right touch of extravagant elegance and dazzling opulence wherever there is a desire for the beauty of extraordinary flowers. Known as one of the country's leading wedding designers, Karen has set a high standard and is considered a trendsetter in her field. This book is a cross section of 20 years of excellence.
-A beautiful collection of seasonal wreathes by master florist Manabu Hashigushi The wreath is Japanese floral artist Manabu Hashiguchi's preferred floral shape. Its symbolism is universal. With no beginning or end, the wreath represents eternity and the endless processes in nature. Hashiguchi's designs are so graceful that they look as if there has been no artist's hand involved, and nature created the shapes by accident. Even the humblest of materials get the chance to shine and tell their story. Discover this intriguing collection of seasonal wreaths, which balance on the thin line between classical floristry and land art. Text in English and Japanese.