Be Prepared to Survive Everyday Emergencies
The keys to your everyday survival are: situational awareness, knowledge, and practiced preparedness skills. Sure, it's important to have trustworthy survival gear, but possessing the mindset that you are prepared for anything, and that you will survive no matter what happens, is your secret weapon that will help you to stay alive in an emergency.
Everyday Survival Kits contains clearly outlined packing lists for what you need for specific survival situations. A situation will arise when you'll require more than just a bug out bag or a get home bag--with the help of this guide you'll be prepared to stay alive.
Inside you'll find:
- detailed packing lists for a variety of kits including: everyday carry, hip bag, pocket survival kit, emergency 72-hour bag, urban survival bag, day hike kit, emergency car kit, vacation kit, student kit, purse kit, extreme weather kit, maritime kit, and the ultimate bug out bag
- practical applications and detailed instructions of how to use each item in the kit
- a resources section to take the guesswork out of finding and buying the right gear for the kit
- non-branded gear recommendations so you can select gear that fits both your need and your budget
- real-world scenarios in which the kits will be useful
Here in this critical guide is all the important safety techniques that you'll need to know in order to survive in just about any condition. From designing a makeshift earthquake shelter to constructing a water well, The Complete U.S. Army Survival Guide to Shelter Skills, Tactics, and Techniques has got you covered. Within these pages, you'll find information on the best way to:
- Choose the best building materials.
- Select the best ambushing positions in any situation.
- Construct an underground bunker.
- And hundreds of more techniques and skills
With dozens of photographs and illustrations demonstrating these sheltering techniques and procedures first-hand, this guide is an essential read for every outdoorsman--from the novice weekend camper to the most seasoned survivalist. If you can't find it in The Complete U.S. Army Survival Guide to Shelter Skills, Tactics, and Techniques, then you don't really need it.
- With crucial information added from across the Worst-Case series and 20 all-new scenarios for twenty-first century threats (extreme weather, "fake news," dropping a cell phone in the toilet).
- Expert - and humorous - advice for extreme situations including great escapes and entrances (how to escape from a sinking car), tooth and claw (how to escape from killer bees), technical trouble (how to survive an out-of-control autonomous car), and adventure survival (how to survive an avalanche).
- Makes a great gift and reference guide for those who like to be prepared for whatever might happen
Disaster can strike at any time with no warning. Most people aren't forward-thinking enough to prepare for the worst, and others simply don't have the skills needed to successfully prepare. That's where Badass Preppers Handbook comes in. Covering a wide variety of disaster scenarios with detailed instructions for what you need to do in each one, this book will help you to be ready for anything in no time at all. Learn such things as:
- How to fortify your home
- How to preserve and store food and water for years
- What should go in your "bug out" bag
- How to cook off the grid
- What firearms and ammo will best help you survive the apocalypse
- And more
With this ultimate guide in disaster survival, you'll be ready to protect yourself, your family, your neighbors, and your pets, no matter what the disaster is.
- Bug Out Bag
- Mason Jar Vacuum Sealer
- Food Dehydration
- Liquid Laundry Soap
- Wheat Grinding
- Making a Top Bar Bee Hive
- Homemade Jerky
- Tire Planters
- Making Soft Curd Cheese from Powdered Milk
- And dozens more
Self-reliance isn't about building a bunker and waiting for the end of the world. It's about understanding the necessities in life and gaining the knowledge and skill sets that will make you better prepared for whatever life throws your way. 52 Prepper's Projects is the ultimate instructional guide to preparedness, and a must-have book for those with their eye on the future.
An examination of different theoretical, methodological and practical approaches towards the management of risk. Seven dimensions of the debate are identified, and the case for each position is put forward, the whole discussion being set in context and perspective. This volume attempts to identify and juxtapose the contested doctrines and underlying assumptions in the field of risk management.
For the first time, scientists could have the knowledge to prevent a natural disaster epic in scale--an asteroid hitting the earth and in this exciting, adventuresome book, Carrie Nugent explains how.What are asteroids, and where do they come from? And, most urgently: Are they going to hit the Earth? What would happen if one was on its way? Carrie Nugent is an asteroid hunter--part of a group of scientists working to map our cosmic neighborhood. For the first time ever, we are reaching the point where we may be able to prevent the horrible natural disaster that would result from an asteroid collision. In Asteroid Hunters, Nugent reveals what known impact asteroids have had: the extinction of the dinosaurs, the earth-sized hole Shoemaker Levy 9 left in Jupiter just a few decades ago, how the meteorite that bursted over Chelyabinsk in Russia could have started a war, and unlucky Ms. Anne Hodges--the only person (that we know of) in US history to be the victim of a direct hit. Nugent also introduces the telescope she uses to detect near-Earth asteroids. Ultimately, detection is the key to preventing asteroid impact, and these specialized scientists are working to prevent the unthinkable from happening. If successful, asteroid hunting will lead to the first natural disaster humans have the know-how and the technology to prevent. The successful hunt and mapping of asteroids could mean nothing less than saving life on earth.
Many people are beginning to become concerned by increasing natural disasters, global conflict, and political unrest and the smart ones want to do something about it. Unfortunately, increased awareness about disaster preparedness has caused an information overload. It is easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information available. Basic Survival helps readers dig out from under the avalanche of preparedness information. It dispels myths, introduces concepts, and teaches the basics of how to start preparing for disaster. Author David Nash, a lifelong prepper and the author of 52 Prepper Projects and The Prepper's Guide to Foraging outlines an all-hazards approach to disaster management similar to the ones used by the military and federal and state governments. Nash has over ten years of experience in government emergency management as a planner, a first responder, and as an emergency operations center manager. Basic Survival is a great resource that presents a strong foundation for being prepared when an emergency hits.