A stunning new collection of Tilda designs from talented designer Tone Finnanger. The perfect way to bring hygge to your home throughout the colder autumn and winter months, Homemade and Happy is a gorgeous collection of inspirational home accessories including quilts, cushions and decorative items to make Christmas even more special.
Choose from a range of ornaments including gold-winged reindeer and sheep, round-eyed owls, plump pigs with flower applique detail, angels, stars and darling decorative cakes.
The book also features pretty practical designs such as an irresistible patchwork quilt, classic pillow covers and a cup pin-cushion, all in Tone's unique range of fabulous fabrics. The projects are photographed in the author's own log cabin situated in the snowy mountains of Norway, and capture Tone's unique and distinctive style.
The Tilda brand is renowned worldwide and sales of the series now has combined sales of over 1 million copies worldwide. It is now well known for its whimsical, comical and naive characters in the form of animals and dolls that is popular with crafters of all ages and abilities.
Tone has written several books including Sew Pretty Homestyle, Sew Sunny Homestyle, Crafting Tilda's Friends, Tilda's Christmas Ideas, Tilda's Summer Ideas, Tilda's Studio and Tilda's Seaside Ideas. She lives in Norway.
Everybody's home is different and unique, adapted to suit the needs of its occupants. In this innovative and inspiring book, Darren Palmer addresses the everyday home owner by showcasing a wide selection of his family home projects, showing the ways in which different families have tailored various interior design elements -- storage, lighting, furniture, materials, larger and smaller spaces -- to reflect their daily lives.
Whether you're a single parent with one child, a married couple with kids, an older working couple with grown children and grandchildren, or a middle-aged couple with no kids and no pets- HomeSpace acknowledges that everybody's lives have different demands, and this is reflected most significantly through the spaces that we live in. Every family group will have a different set of needs and challenges; the associated constraints, requirements and solutions resulting in specially tailored spaces that are as individual as the people living within them. Home Space is an engaging and informative book that is full of stunning, inspirational photography, practical solutions and information. Discover how five different methods of making the bed can completely change your room, get inspired with a range of vibrant bedrooms for younger members of the family, read how one room is given four brand new looks through different soft furnishings, artwork and d'cor items, and find out how to choose the perfect rug to compliment your space.
HomeSpace is the answer to all of your questions when it comes to current and future home design challenges.
This 'manual for a better life' is all about getting back to the basics of good shelter. It's a guide to help you apply and optimise the five fundamental factors in home design - space, air, light, view and sound - to the five most common spaces in all our homes - entry, living area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. In engaging, informed and accessible text supported by stunning photography, practising architect Joe Snell shows how to get the fundamentals right in order to lead a fulfilling, healthy and happy life in your home. Your spaces will provide renewed inspiration and your styling and accessories will have meaning and substance.
Your Best Home provides the tools and information for you to affect positive change in your own living environment, at your own pace, and within a budget.
Choosing colors for your home can become an overwhelming and confusing process--there is just so much on offer. Love Color will help you to bring your favorite colors to life by successfully making all those challenging decisions. Renowned international color expert Anna Starmer takes you by the hand and guides you through this lavishly illustrated rainbow world of color combinations, teaching you everything you need to know about hues, tones, accents, and foundation colors along the way. Start by simply choosing a color you love, then take your inspiration from our accessible and practical palettes to create your own color combinations. This book also includes removable color chart booklet so you can note and match your perfect colors anytime you are out and about.
202 Outstanding House Ideas is packed with 600 pages of ideas for the dream house. For practicing professionals and homeowners this is a reference to successful designs chock full of ideas, analyses and successful applications from around the world.
More than 750 outstanding interior and exterior color photographs, floor plans, elevations, renderings, and building sections showcase house exteriors and interiors constructed and finished with a great range of traditional and innovative materials, and set in a variety of climates and landscape settings.
The houses are selections from a pool of the world's most interesting residential architecture. They include:
- House of Joyce and Jeroen, The Hague, the Netherlands
- Annandale House, Sydney, Australia
- Harris Residence, Washington, D.C.
- Hidden House, London, UK
- Stacked House, Montreal, Canada
- Townhouse, Landskrona, Sweden
- House in Rimini, Rimini, Italy
- Cloitre, Brussels, Belgium
- Jarego House, Cartaxo, Portugal.
These houses are stimulating examples of what innovation can produce. Each house is presented over several double-page spreads that reveal the challenges of the site, the occupants' needs and the final design. Captions describe features and materials. A directory of architects and designers makes this a real-life resource.
202 Outstanding House Ideas is a comprehensive resource selection for homeowners, architects, builders, and interior designers looking for leading edge results.
202 Outstanding Modern Interior Designs is a lushly illustrated resource that will inform and inspire homeowners and designers. More than 800 full-color photographs of the world's most beautiful interiors showcase modern design at its very best.
Good design integrates furnishings with architecture with function. The popular "open plan" designs that combine living room, dining room, kitchen, and home office create numerous challenges when it comes to combining practicality with decor and personal taste in harmony with architecture and the natural setting. The challenge calls for thoughtful selections of furnishings, color, materials and lighting in order to meet the homeowners' needs within space and financial limitations.
202 Outstanding Modern Interior Designs presents beautiful solutions to such design challenges. Captioned photographs point out room details and explain what influenced the design and decor decisions. Closing each section are sketches that highlight key room elements, such as interior lighting in the living room and task centers in the kitchen.
The designs range from expansive homes to smaller homes with space limitations. Every room is covered.
- Living Room - Once used only for hospitality, the living room has expanded to meet the needs of everyday life.
- Dining Room - A rising food culture means that dining rooms are no longer reserved for dinner parties but have been incorporated into the main part of the home and afforded light and space whenever possible.
- Kitchen - Now beyond a mere place to prepare food, it is where we meet, converse and bond with family and friends.
- Bedroom - After a well-placed bed with breathing space and good lighting, the key element to a successful bedroom design is storage: there can never be too much.
- Bathroom - Bathrooms of today are more luxurious than ever. They are personal retreats and as such offer endless opportunities for design personality.
- Outside Spaces - Outdoor spaces are increasingly rare. Whatever the size, new outdoor heating technology, cleverly positioned partitions and canopies provide protection from cold gusts of wind.
202 Outstanding Modern Interior Designs is a valuable resource for all professionals and students.
- Features lavish photography throughout, accompanied by stunning maps that showcase Tom's global travel experiences and how these permeate each design- Chronicles the personal life journeys that have made a visual impact on Tom's practice- Connects the clients' personal narratives with spatial forms, curios, textures, and place and time within the environment- Documents Tom Stringer's work in highly illustrated and accessible chapters, such as Originality & Specificity, Quality & Dichotomy, Continuity & Consistency, and Cartography & Authenticity Accented with detailed maps of renowned interior designer Tom Stringer's extensive travels, this beautifully compiled monograph takes the reader on an immersive journey around the world and back again through the interiors of his eponymous firm's finest residential projects. Stringer's design approach is externally inspired and internally driven, largely informed by his great life passion: travel. His love of adventure resonates throughout this book; on each page, one sees how this remarkable designer's imagination is simultaneously both rooted in the classics and expanded into innovative layers of colors, textures, cultures, and function. Revealed through his personal history and influences, Stringer shares how he uses magical discoveries made on his global travels to create the most special living environments that are true to his clients' own personalities and passions. He describes the design process as a voyage of discovering the distinctive narrative of each client and home, connecting them with a sense of wonder and the communal spirit of their space. Stringer's unique approach to visual storytelling is encapsulated in the unique interiors of the residential projects highlighted here.
-Unique approach to handling projects when it comes to buildings, installations and interiors -Inspiration for new houses, renovations and restyling -Class, beauty, crafstmanship and attention to detail Eric Kant equals class, beauty, craftsmanship and an eye for detail. He specializes in high-end interiors and well-being projects. He creates a dream world: powerful, symmetrical, warm and personal. Eric Kant: World of Interiors contains six projects that show his versatile and international interiors, with an emphasis on the use of natural materials and a clear line. From a home for a family with five children, a villa in Ibiza, a penthouse in the city, Eric Kant knows how to inspire with new projects, renovations and restyling. He creates interiors that feel like a tailored suit.
#1 New York Times Bestseller
In Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave, Joanna Gaines walks you through how to create a home that reflects the personalities and stories of the people who live there. Using examples from her own farmhouse as well as a range of other homes, this comprehensive guide will help you assess your priorities and instincts, as well as your likes and dislikes, with practical steps for navigating and embracing your authentic design style. Room by room, Homebody gives you an in-depth look at how these styles are implemented as well as how to blend the looks you're drawn to in order to create spaces that feel distinctly yours. A removable design template at the back of the book offers a step-by-step guide to planning and sketching out your own design plans. The insight shared in Homebody will instill in you the confidence to thoughtfully create spaces you never want to leave.