- Kanjia and vocabulary
- Conversation and Usage.
- Listening Comprehension.
- New Vocabulary Reference List.
- Drawings and stories to create mental associations for the characters that stick in the brain and allow you to recall their meanings and readings. A CD-ROM software program showing you how to write each kanji character
- Native speaker audio recordings for all the Kanji characters, vocabulary and sample sentences.
- Sample sentences to expand your vocabulary by showing you how the Kanji are actually used.
- Extensive review exercises to reinforce what you've learned.
- User-friendly indexes allowing you to look-up the Kanji and use the book like a Kanji dictionary.
The 500 Kanji characters provided in this book include all the characters needed for the AP and JLPT Level 4 and 5 exams-giving you access to approximately 80 percent of all the Kanji characters you encounter in Japan
- Introductory quizzes to introduce everyday situations in which the Kanji are used
- A vocabulary section to help you understand the readings and meanings of each Kanji
- New character charts presenting all the Kanji clearly and systematically
- Definitions, readings, stroke orders and compounds for each character
- Practice sections help you to improve your skills
- Advanced Placement Exam practice questions follow the format of the College Board exam
- Origins and meanings of over 2,000 characters.
- Beautifly hand-drawn kanji.
- Additional compound characters for each featured character.
- valuable suggestions and mnemonic devices for memorizing characters.
- All the standard characters official designed for common use.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Say sayonara to your fears of learning Japanese with the updated premium edition of this fast, painless guide
The updated third edition of Japanese DeMYSTiFieD provides you with the comprehensive, step-by-step educational experience that has made the DeMYSTiFieD language series such a success. This established, unintimidating approach to speaking, reading, and writing a new language takes the mystery and menace out of the learning process, whether in class or at home.
Hundreds of quiz and test questions, chapter-opening objectives, and specific recommendations for difficult subtopics and individual weaknesses help you learn basic grammar structures and verb tenses, pronunciation, essential vocabulary, and how to communicate with confidence. In addition to DeMYSTiFieD's time-tested strategies, this edition features 70 minutes of streaming audio recordings and chapter review quizzes via the unique McGraw-Hill Language Lab app, so you can enhance your study via mobile or online, at home, in class, or on the go.
Learn to speak Japanese
Japanese language enrollment is up by 27.5 percent since 2006, making it the sixth most popular language studied on college campuses. Whether studying for school, business, or travel, Japanese For Dummies provides complete coverage of all Japanese language essentials including grammar, usage, and vocabulary.
Complete with free conversational audio tracks online, this handy book offers everything you need to learn the Japanese language to get ahead in class or on a trip to Japan. In no time, you'll make sense of the language well enough to communicate with native speakers
- Includes expanded coverage of grammar, verb conjugations, and pronunciations
- Provides a refreshed mini-dictionary with even more essential vocabulary
- Offers useful exercises and practice opportunities
- Helps you learn to speak conversational Japanese with ease
Learn to write 100 Japanese characters
If you want to join the ranks of more than 128 million speakers of Japanese worldwide, this book should be your first stop Whether studying for school, business, or travel, learning to write the Japanese Kanji characters is essential to gain a working knowledge of this language.
Japanese is considered to be the most complicated writing system in the world, with tens of thousands of characters. But with Japanese Character Writing For Dummies, you'll find easy step-by-step instructions for writing the first 100 Japanese Kanji characters with ease.
- Includes online bonus content featuring videos, downloadable flashcards, and printable writing pages
- Offers easy-to-follow instruction for writing 100 Japanese characters
- Helps you take your understanding of the language to a new level
- Shows you how to use the written word to communicate with native speakers
Learning to write Japanese Kanji characters is fun -- and now it's fast and easy too
RELIABLE, DETAILED, AND UP-TO-DATE
* More than 50,000 entries, including the most common meanings
* Two sections, Japanese-English and English-Japanese
* All entries, from A to Z, in a single alphabetical listing
* Japanese terms shown in romanized Japanese and standard Japanese characters
* Hundreds of new words, including eizu (AIDS) and nyuryoku (computer input)
* Thousands of idioms, phrases, and common expressions illustrate typical usage
* Includes Japanese cultural items, such as yobiko (cram school), and gives source of foreign borrowings, such as nyusu (news)
* American English spelling and vocabulary
* Extensive use of explanatory glosses to specify precise meaning and assure appropriate translation
- The most recent changes prescribed by the Japanese Ministry of Education.
- Covers all the 2,136 characters in the 'General Use' / Joyo Kanji set.
- Special codes indicate the kanji required for the JLPT and AP exams.
- Full range of Japanese character readings and English definitions
- Stroke counts, sroke-order diagrams, and compounds.
- Essential Japanese characters are presented according to the new arrangement by grade, based on their frequency of usage rather than their complexity.
- Numerous examples are given of the kanji compounds and derivatives used to form everyday words in Japanese.
A travel phrasebook for anyone planning a trip to Japan, this pocket-sized paperback includes all the essential words and phrases for every traveler. Even experienced speakers will benefit from the detailed cultural and travel-specific knowledge, and first-time speakers will find it easy to pick up the key words and phrases they need to get by. Easy to browse and easy to carry, it will travel with you wherever you go and give you language help at your fingertips.Part of the DK Eyewitness Travel Guides Phrase Book series. These pocket dictionaries give business and vacation travelers everything they need for a smooth, successful trip. Organized by subject, they help the traveler quickly find the vocabulary relevant to any situation, whether transportation, hotels, meals, shopping, post offices and banks, sports, or health care, and the phrasebook and glossary are accompanied by a pronunciation guide. At the end of each guide book is a 2,000-word mini-dictionary.