Add weight to your Spanish verb choices without breaking your back(pack)
In one compact package, The Concise Red Pocket Book of Spanish Verbs provides 333 of the most important verbs in Spanish in full conjugated form. Each verb is illustrated by example sentences, showing the verb in action. The top 33 verbs are broken down into groups according to key meanings, use with prepositions, and key idiomatic expressions. In addition, the Verb Index links over 2,300 verbs to the verb conjugations.
Online you will find a companion website that provides you with extensive bonus content--more than 100 exercises that give you a dynamic way to build your mastery of the Spanish verb system.
- A diagnostic test
- Audio exercises to improve your listening comprehension
- Additional exercises that focus on your idiomatic usage of verbs
- Audio recordings of example sentences to show the Top 30 verbs is use
- Traditional verb conjugations combined with online exercises + audio
Topics include: Spanish Tense Profiles; 333 Fully Conjugated Verbs; English-Spanish Verb Index; Irregular Verb Form Index; Spanish Verb Index
NTC's Dictionary of Spanish Cognates Thematically Organized is a handy reference for both Spanish and English speakers. The book includes approximately 20,000 English and Spanish cognates--grouped into 100 topics under 20 themes.
Bestselling quick-prep Spanish course for travelers, now in CD format
This accessible minicourse provides all the communication skills needed to make the most of a foreign jaunt. In just one week--less time than it takes to get a passport--you can learn enough Spanish to conduct typical travelers' transactions with conversational confidence.
Organized into seven units, one for each day of the week, these colorfully illustrated chapters feature: Vocabulary and phrase lists for everyday situations such as dining, shopping, and asking for directions Accessible grammar points and interactive practice exercises An easy-to-navigate vocabulary list for on-the-spot reference Dialogues and exercises performed by native speakers--now on CD Updated information about ATMs and public phones abroad
Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Spanish phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Enjoy the thrilling conversation with a local over sangria, ask about a tucked-away a tablao flamenco or eat your way through a tapas menu -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionary
- Full-colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
A bilingual audio compact disc is packaged with a phrasebook in which English and Spanish words and phrases are categorized according to topics that pertain to everyday office and factory operations. Greetings, work-related requests, directions, commands, and emergency words and expressions are recorded in both English and Spanish. Numerous terms presented bilingually apply to office supplies and equipment, machinery and tools used in manual labor settings, standard units of measurement, and much more. Dramatized bilingual dialogues are presented on the CD, and reproduced word-for-word in print in the phrasebook. This convenient quick-learning program is a useful aid for office and factory personnel who have no Spanish, but who interact regularly with Spanish-speaking workers and need practical and informal instruction in communicating with them.
Master the verbs of a new language without intimidating textbooks or confusing charts Learning verbs and remembering their correct usage is a daunting task for anyone studying a new language. The experts at Teach Yourself have developed the Teach Yourself Verbs series to deal with this perplexing yet necessary part of language learning. Perfect for students at any level of experience, the Teach Yourself Verbs series will increase their knowledge and proficiency and give their language confidence the boost it needs. Each book contains: Helpful hints on learning verb forms Explanation of various tenses and their useage Verb categories, their patterns, and their conjugations Full coverage of the main tenses for frequently used verbs, arranged alphabetically for quick and easy reference Examples of the verbs in everyday use, with colloquial expressions and keywords based on the verbs A glossary of verbs with details of the patterns they follow
- New, ultra-clear text, for quick, easy reference
- Special warning symbols make slang and informal language easily identifiable
- Convenient tables of regular and irregular Spanish verbs
- Extra help with frequently used words--the building blocks to learning a language
Clear, instant access to everyday Spanish from the leading brand in bilingual dictionaries worldwide
Whether it's for travel, work, or study, you want an everyday Spanish/English dictionary that gives you instant access to the meanings of all essential terms you're likely to encounter in the media or on the street. You want guidance on pronunciation, usage, and verb conjugations, supplemented with real-world examples. And you don't want to sacrifice legibility for portability. Look no further: Vox Everyday Spanish and English Dictionary gives you all that and much more.
Revised and updated to reflect Spanish as it is spoken today, this new edition of the Vox classic contains three times as many headwords as the first edition and thorough coverage of the latest trends and technologies. It also features a new layout designed for maximum legibility and ease of use.
As at home in your suitcase, book bag, or briefcase as it is in your personal reference library, this little powerhouse gives you:
- More than 38,000 high-frequency headwords, phrases, and expressions and 60,000 translations
- Numerous example sentences showing correct usage
- Comprehensive coverage of both European and Latin-American Spanish
- All irregular Spanish verbs cross-referenced to model conjugation tables
Number one in the world
Numero uno en el mundo
Vox Compact Spanish and English Dictionary has helped speakers of Spanish and of English around the world find the right word quickly and easily. From offices in Orlando to living rooms in London and school rooms in San Juan, this comprehensive Spanish/English dictionary is the preferred choice for millions of people--in class, at home or work, or on the go.
Here you'll find:
- An up-to-date word list that gives special emphasis to everyday language, along with current technical, scientific, Internet, and environmental terms
- Approximately 85,000 headwords, phrases, and examples
- Irregular verb forms--in both Spanish and English--presented in convenient tables
- Complete grammar overviews of both Spanish and English
- English pronunciation indicated in the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Useful appendices that add to the dictionary's value as an all-purpose reference
Based on the popular language "bibles," The Blue Pocket Book of French Verbs and The Red Pocket Book of Spanish Verbs are the most comprehensive, clearest, and easiest-to-use sources for beginning and intermediate learners. Now these books are even more convenient for school or home use thanks to their smaller trim size. But these pocket-sized guides are still mightier than all of the competition in this format.
These portable guides offer smooth sailing through the turbulent seas of a new grammar with:
- 333 fully conjugated verbs, listed alphabetically
- Current idioms and expressions for each verb
- Full facing page of usage examples for the top50 verbs
- One-stop, at-a-glance verb-tense profiles
- More than 2,200 verbs cross-referenced to models
- A handy guide to deciphering irregular verb forms
- English index to the model verbs