Sharpen your ITALIAN grammar with skill-building exercises
If you want to be proficient in Italian, you have to master its grammar. The best way to perfect your grammar skills is through drills, drills, and more drills. Covering all facets of Italian grammar--from prepositions and pronouns to verbal forms and tenses--Italian Grammar Drills helps you learn often-perplexing topics through hands-on experience.
This comprehensive book features:
- More than 200 exercises that demonstrate how the Italian grammar system works
- Authentic examples that illustrate correct grammar usage
- A thorough review section, new to this edition
- An answer key to give you immediate clarification on any concept
Adjectives and adverbs * Comparatives and superlatives * Present tense versus past tense * Prepositions * Passive voice * Verbal expressions and constructions * and more
Based on the successful approach of the Practice Makes Perfect series, Italian Pronouns and Prepositions offers a clear and engaging presentation of all aspects of pronoun and preposition usage, combined with extensive practice, for beginning and intermediate language learners. This new edition features a new review chapter that allows learners to pull together the grammar skills they've acquired.
About the Book
This new edition in the successful Practice Makes Perfect series, Practice Makes Perfect: Italian Pronouns and Prepositions offers a detailed examination of these two essential aspects of grammar, which language learners need to master to communicate with confidence. Learners of a foreign language often have difficulty with these areas because the usage of pronouns or prepositions rarely translates directly from English to the new language. Thus, language learners need much more practice in the areas of pronoun and preposition usage than is provided in general grammar books.
This book provides clear explanations of the usage of pronouns and prepositions, followed by practical examples illustrating and clarifying each point. Extensive and varied exercises provide ample opportunity to practice. Answers to all questions are provided at the back of the book, providing immediate feedback.
The new edition features a brand-new review chapter that allows learners to pull together the grammar skills they've acquired throughout the book.
Key Selling Features
- New edition features a brand-new review chapter
- Details all aspects of pronoun and preposition usage
- Clarifies the subtleties of pronouns and prepositions that often escape language learners
- Highly varied and extensive exercises for practice
- Practical and high-frequency vocabulary used throughout
- Answer key provided for reference and quick feedback
- Combines the best elements of instruction and practice so readers find all they need in one book.
Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Italian phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Order an espresso like a local, ask shop keepers about the latest fashions and bargain for fresh produce at the market -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook & Dictionary
- Full-colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Italian Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A first-class ticket to building key Italian language skills
From the bestselling Read & Think series, this fully-illustrated guide brings the Italian language to life In addition to introducing, developing, and growing key vocabulary, this book gives you an insider's look at Italian life--from Italy's coffee culture to regional festivals, and from biographies of famous Italians (from Leonardo to Sophia Loren) to articles on the history and gastronomy of the country.
Including more than 100 engaging articles written by native Italian-speakers, each one provides a bilingual glossary on the same page, allowing you to learn without stopping to look up new or unfamiliar words. Each chapter contains several exercises to reinforce comprehension and the new premium edition features streaming audio recordings of more than 40 readings (70 minutes) and over 7,000 vocabulary items by flashcard, easily accessible online or on any mobile device, through the unique McGraw-Hill Language Lab app.
Compiled in collaboration with a team of expert linguists, the Webster's New World concise bilingual dictionaries are the perfect choice for beginning students and advanced speakers as well. Comprehensive and authoritative (yet clear and concise), the dictionaries offer a full array of features, as well as wide-ranging coverage of expressions. Long-standing favorites in hardcover, the dictionaries will continue to be standard references for years to come.
- More than 100,000 words, giving wide-ranging coverage of terms and expressions
- Detailed definitions so the user can understand and translate idiomatically
- Extensive examples of usage, showing how translations of words can vary according to context
- Verb tables, including irregular verbs
- Cross-references from every verb to the appropriate verb table
Be cool in Italian
Perfect for kids eight- to fourteen-years old, "Way-Cool Italian" covers the latest in kid language as it is spoken in the Italian-speaking world. Inside you will find out how kids in another country talk about their computers, how they text each other, and how they speak about their favorite music on their iPods. Includes words and phrases on topics such as numbers, greetings, weather, time, as well as the cool language you really want to know like the words for mobile phones, computers, music, comics, clothes, sports--even the Wii and avatars
Master the language with an Italian language learning course, including print and on-line components. Includes 4 companion books, from beginner to intermediate levels, and a 6-month free membership to Livemocha.com, an interactive on-line course that connects with the world's largest community of language learners, with over 8 million members. Livemocha Active Italian includes step-by-step instruction, grammar and vocabulary exercises, and a variety of quizzes and activities. Speak, listen, video chat, and instant message with native speakers and instructors worldwide.
Handy, compact phrasebook for pocket or purse. Arranged in an easy-to-read two color format, in chapters relevant to travel situations, the Universal Phrase-books feature 2,500 important words and 1,000 essential phrases with their pronunciation, plus useful tips about the language's native speakers and their customs.
Newly revised and updated, the Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary is a quick and intuitive way to learn and recall everyday words in Italian.
The Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary introduces a range of useful current vocabulary in thematic order, using full-color photographs and artworks to display and label all the elements of everyday life -- from the home and office to sport, music, nature, and the countries of the world -- with panel features on key nouns, verbs, and useful phrases.
The Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary features:
- A quick and intuitive way to learn and remember thousands of words.
- A complete range of illustrated objects and scenes from everyday life.
- Fast and effective learning for any situation, from home and office to shopping and dining out.
- Detailed index for instant reference.
- Handy size ideal for travel.
The illustrations in the Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary provide a quick and intuitive route to learning a language, defining the words visually so it is easier to remember them and creating a colorful and stimulating learning resource for the foreign-language and EFL/ESL student.