Carve out time for you with The Modern Embroidery Studio.If you love all things handmade and you're looking to quench your creative thirst, this is the book for you. Now more than ever, we need to slow down, unplug, and make something with our hands. Embroidery requires patience and attention to detail, but this tactile experience gives back in a much larger way: it centers our minds, helps us feel recharged in our fast paced lives, and provides us with fabulous pieces of art to wear, share, or hang. Although hand embroidery has been around for millennia, The Modern Embroidery Studio will help you dive into the craft in a fresh, modern way. In the early chapters, all the basics are covered, from picking the best tools and supplies to mastering a handy library of stitches. Next, you'll find the step-by-step projects, each bursting with color and arranged by theme. Browse eye-catching patterns to find your favorite and follow the simple directions, accompanied by author Lauren's instructional tips and tricks for embroidery success. Finally, learn how to apply and customize the designs to make them truly your own. If you're a novice stitcher, you'll be able to learn and progress as you go; if you already have some embroidery experience, The Modern Embroidery Studio has plenty to keep you engaged. Regardless of your skill level, let embroidery bring an extra dose of happiness to your day.
Learn how to stitch all your favourite flowers, leaves and foliage, with this is collection of tutorials for 200 embroidered flowers and foliage. Discover how to stitch beautiful blooms including roses, daisies, daffodils, pansies and buttercups as well as more exotic blooms.
Modern hand embroidery expert, Kristen Gula, shows you how to create all the floral motifs from a stitch library of less than 10 embroidery stitches.
As well as the step tutorials for the flowers and leaves, there are 10 projects for home decor items and accessories that showcase the embroidery so you can show off your makes and create beautiful gifts for family and friends. Choose from a collar motif, pillow cover, table decoration, shoe embellishments and many more
- Motifs from the kitchen or garden (teacups, fruits and cozy reminders of home)
- Sweet feminine embellishments for your household zakka projects (flowers, pets, fashion elements)
- Designs for your child's clothing, drawn in a kid-friendly style
- Traditional designs such as monogrammed initials and elegant borders
A delicate craft that has been handed down for thousands of years, bead embroidery was popular among the aristocrats in China's imperial courts and is an important part of modern haute couture, wedding dresses, and other accessories.A step-by-step guide to 25 unique embroidery designs, Bead Embroidery Chinese Style incorporates traditional Chinese design elements, including landscape paintings, bird and flower motifs, and famous poems. Projects are both beautiful and useful, and are simple enough for embroidery beginners. Readers will learn about:
- The different bead embroidery tools, techniques, and materials
- Over a dozen embroidery stitches for single-bead, multi-bead, free stitches, layered stitches, and more
- Small-scale embroidery projects, including jewelry, coasters, pouches, and silk scarves
- More advanced projects, including makeup bags, lamp covers, and wall art
Crewel embroidery is traditionally done using 2-ply wool and stitched onto linen. Nancy shows how to get beautiful results using different types of yarn and fabric, including upholstery fabrics, woollens and tweeds, to create a collection of stunning quick-to-stitch projects.
Choose from home decor items such as cushions, bags, wall hangings and table runners, as well as ideas for embellishing clothing. Nancy shows readers how to do all the key embroidery stitches with a stitch library featuring easy-to-follow diagrams of all the basic crewel embroidery stitches in detail.
- Turn your umbrella handle into a furry cat's tail
- Sew and embroider a personalized cat book cover
- Make a lovely hand embroidered brooch or earrings
- Make a cute cat door stop using a bottle and fabric
- Make cuddly cat pouches, purses and bags
- Knit, crochet or sew a charming cat-shaped pillow
- Sew a chic cat badge or button cover using cross-stitched fabric
- Sew an adorable cat doll and dress her up
- And so much more