Polish-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary makes language-learning accessible by using photographs to put the everyday vocabulary of the modern world into context.
A thematic organization of more than 10,000 fully illustrated terms labeled in both Polish and English, and comprehensive two-way indexes put the perfect translation at your fingertips. Additional feature panels include abstract nouns and verbs, as well as useful phrases that you can use in conversation once you are feeling more confident.
Polish-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary is a colorful and stimulating learning resource ideal for all levels, whether you are a student, teacher, tourist, or business traveler. Now fully updated with new text, images, and a bold new look.
Series Description: Now fully updated to cover a comprehensive range of more than 10,000 everyday objects, DK's bestselling Bilingual Visual Dictionary series includes 10 languages. With thematic organization and full-color images, the Bilingual Visual Dictionaries offer a user-friendly and intuitive reference for language learning, making it easy for readers to master important vocabulary, whether a student, tourist, or business traveler.
Now comes with a free companion audio app that allows readers to scan the pages to hear words spoken in both Italian and English.
Newly revised and updated, the Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary is a quick and intuitive way to learn and recall everyday words in Italian.
Introducing a range of useful current vocabulary in thematic order, this dictionary uses full-color photographs and artworks to display and label all the elements of everyday life--from the home and office to sport, music, nature, and the countries of the world--with panel features on key nouns, verbs, and useful phrases.
The Italian-English Bilingual Visual Dictionary features:- A quick and intuitive way to learn and remember thousands of words.
- A complete range of illustrated objects and scenes from everyday life.
- Fast and effective learning for any situation, from home and office to shopping and dining out.
- Detailed index for instant reference.
- Handy size ideal for travel.
The illustrations provide a quick and intuitive route to learning a language, defining the words visually so it is easier to remember them and creating a colorful and stimulating learning resource for the foreign-language and EFL/ESL student.
Communicate Effectively in Spanish and English This handy paperback features the Spanish and English language as they are spoken and written in the Americas today. It is intended for language learners, teachers, office workers, tourists, business travelers, and anyone who needs to communicate effectively in the Spanish and English languages. Developed for all levels of language skill, from beginners to advanced, this dictionary can be used by all members of the family. Features of this Book -More than 40,000 entries and 50,000 translations -Spanish to English and English to Spanish translations -IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) pronunciations for all English words -A special section on Conjugation of Spanish Verbs -A special section on Irregular English Verbs -Special sections on Spanish Numbers, English Numbers, and Common Spanish Abbreviations
Find the Spanish words and phrases you need when communication is critical
VOX Super-Mini Medical Spanish and English Dictionary gives you easy access to essential Spanish words, perfect for many medical situations. Its content is comprehensive so you can give your Spanish-speaking patients the best care possible, yet compact enough that you can carry it in your pocket without adding much bulk.
VOX Super-Mini Medical Spanish and English Dictionary provides you with:
- 12,000-plus headwords and 10,000 subentries
- A phrasebook section that includes more than 150 phrases for interviewing and examining patients
When you need effective communication with your Spanish-speaking patients, trust VOX Super-Mini Medical Spanish and English Dictionary to get your meaning across immediately and successfully.
- Bidirectional Hindi-English and English-Hindi sections
- Designed specifically to meet the needs of English speakers
- All Hindi terms are given in both Romanized and Devanagari forms
- Contains over 14,000 essential words and expressions
- Latest computer, smartphone, Internet and social media vocabulary
- Provides an overview of Hindi in contemporary India and a pronunciation guide
RELIABLE, DETAILED, AND UP-TO-DATE
* More than 50,000 entries, including the most common meanings
* Two sections, Japanese-English and English-Japanese
* All entries, from A to Z, in a single alphabetical listing
* Japanese terms shown in romanized Japanese and standard Japanese characters
* Hundreds of new words, including eizu (AIDS) and nyuryoku (computer input)
* Thousands of idioms, phrases, and common expressions illustrate typical usage
* Includes Japanese cultural items, such as yobiko (cram school), and gives source of foreign borrowings, such as nyusu (news)
* American English spelling and vocabulary
* Extensive use of explanatory glosses to specify precise meaning and assure appropriate translation
The most useful terms and phrases in Japanese--right at your fingertips (no Internet connection required)
When you need a word in Japanese, you just have to look it up on the Net or use an app, right? Not really. While these resources are handy for quick look-up, you're only getting a meaning and no more. Get more out of your Japanese language resource with Everyday Japanese Dictionary
This dictionary emphasizes the benefits that print can most effectively provide--a resource that encourages study rather than simply a look-up tool. Everyday Japanese Dictionary focuses on high-frequency vocabulary and contains a special supplement of everyday conversational phrases: greetings, small talk, general pleasantries, introductions, agreeing, disagreeing, disputes, launching a conversation, concluding a conversation, and farewells. An color insert of commonplace vocabulary illustrates home, town, and work terms.
Lonely Planet Burmese Phrasebook & Dictionary is your passport to the most relevant Burmese phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Find out-of-the-way temples, learn the etiquette of visiting someone's home and bargain for fruit at a market -all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Burmese Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Colour throughout
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Q&A - suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Burmese Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Vicky Bowman, David Bradley, San Sin Hnin Tun.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages.
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)
- Complete English-Chinese and Chinese-English sections
- Headwords are printed in bold for easy reference
- Alternate meanings of the same word (in English or Chinese) are clearly distinguished
- Includes the latest IT, mobile phone, Internet and social media terminology